Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/25/2009 7:24:43 AM EDT
OK guys, who wants to get an awesome annual TN shoot going?   I am trying to put together something akin to the Knob Creek Shoot in KY for us here in TN.

Place: Rattlesnake Ridge, Indian Mound TN  Link to Range

Date: October 17 to start, if there is enough interest... we will make it a 2 day event.
  (I know, its a bit of a wait.  I am doing this intentionally so that we can get plenty of time for pre-registration... and the range was booked except for hot, bug-infested summer days)

Cost: $45/day pre-register price  (The owner of Rattlesnake Ridge is building us a page where we can securely sign up online... or if you dont feel comfortable doing that, IM me)
        $60/day at gate price  (There is a $15 penalty for not pre-registering... this is so that we can get people to pre-register and adequately plan enough bathrooms, safety officers, etc.)

The entrance fee will include a ticket to win door prizes... the more people we get, the better vendors we can attract... the better the door prizes get

Also, as more people sign up... we will kick off some fun competitions / make tannerite available / and the range owner is working on some special ballistic gelatin that doesnt get destroyed on impact... effectively creating a shootable bouncing ball we can send flying all over the range  (Note: There may be additional fees if you choose some of these options)

If for some reason you pre-register, and find that you cannot make it, IM me and your money will be refunded.  

If you go to the link above of the range, click "Gallery" and you can pull up some pix of the range.  Scroll all the way down and you can see an overhead pic of the ranges.

We will be using Ranges 4 & 5 initially, and if we have a lot of interest, we will open up more of the ranges.  Range 5 is 180 Yards, and Range 4 is 80 Yards (We will have pistol targets set up on Range 4)

Any guns you've got are good to go, and we also will be able to support night vision gear!!!

If you intend to attend, please post in this thread... I will let you know when the website is up and running for pre-registration

Any questions, please post here...

Link Posted: 3/25/2009 10:22:07 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm in.  will be signing up as soon a possible.
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 10:52:26 AM EDT
[#2]
What sort of things will be allowed? Is it going to be like KC with the renting space and all for MG's at one range, what sort of competions are we looking at, etc.

-E
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 11:09:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
What sort of things will be allowed? Is it going to be like KC with the renting space and all for MG's at one range, what sort of competions are we looking at, etc.

-E

Not sure exactly how KC does it, but you dont have to rent any space... bring what you got n burn some powder!  The $45 gate fee covers the range.  As far as competitions, assuming we have enough support, we would be looking at steel plates with king of the hill type rules... possibly something with tannerite, everyone getting 1 shot... first one to make a boom gets a prize etc.  

Bottom line... the more people who register, the more we can do.  As the shoot grows, I will make more events available... but if we dont have enough people to participate in them, there is no sense in planing them.

I have high hopes for this... I would like it to become something similar to KC, with industry sponsors, awesome giveaways, happening twice a year...

Keep in mind though, everyone was talking about wanting a shoot, but no one was doing anything so I am putting something together for us.  It will be as great as you guys make it.  If all those people who talked about wanting a TN shoot show up, and we have 50 - 100 people... I assure you I will make this something that you will talk about until you come to the next one.
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 3:54:50 PM EDT
[#4]
This sounds great, but hopefully October won't work for me.
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 4:19:42 PM EDT
[#5]
How long is the prepay good for?

I would hate to pay today and make the trip and 5 people be there.

If this is SET, I will tewll my buddys and we will make the trip. Are ther hotels close (10-15 miles) or will we camp?

Good luck and more details please.

Link Posted: 3/25/2009 6:37:26 PM EDT
[#6]
I am putting it on my calendar.  I'm sure I can find four or five other folks that will attend.
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 6:43:26 PM EDT
[#7]
My wife just said we could do our 10th Anniversary there...

Tell me that isn't worth 10 years...
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 6:52:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Think this could be good... if the "okay" is received from the wife we'll be in!
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 8:56:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Hopefully I'll be back from Fort Polk by then. I'm heading off to do the contractor thang for a while.
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 2:07:45 AM EDT
[#10]
October sounds great to me.

Just make sure it is not the same weekend as Knob Creek.

Thanks alot ogreabroad for making this happen!

Link Posted: 3/26/2009 9:07:15 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 10:37:43 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
How long is the prepay good for?

I would hate to pay today and make the trip and 5 people be there.

Not sure exactly what you mean by "How long it is good for..."

Given the response in the first 24 hours, I would guess we should have a decent turnout, so no worries about not having good attendance.  If for some reason almost no one comes out, I will cancel it and refund everyone's money.

Quoted:
If this is SET, I will tewll my buddys and we will make the trip. Are ther hotels close (10-15 miles) or will we camp?

Good luck and more details please.

Assuming we have enough interest, and we make it a 2 day event...  (Even if it is only a 1 day event, but you want to stay overnight we can still use em)
Ive got a line on a campground that is 11.62 miles away from the range.  It has RV hookups, as well as tent sites, and they dont mind if we clean our guns or load magazines.  If we have enough people staying there, I will try to work a line on a group rate so that it can be cheaper.  Their only request was as much notice as possible since they have hunters camping out that time o year...   Oh yeah... and no shootin up the campground

Originally Posted By HermanSnerd & Hank:

Just make sure it is not the same weekend as Knob Creek.

I am assuming you guys are talking about the big MG shoot that they do every year...  If so, that shoot is the weekend prior to our shoot... theirs is OCT 9-11, ours  is OCT 17 (and possibly 18)
If you are talking about the ARFCOM shoot Stump runs in the fall... I am communicating with him to ensure we dont plan ours for the same weekend.
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 4:55:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Im gonna be out of town till next Friday.  I wont have reliable 'net connection, but will check in when I can.  Just lettin ya know so you dont think I am ignoring questions or anything...

Wish me luck... 12 hour drive with an 18 month old... i am sooo excited!!!  
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 5:10:31 AM EDT
[#14]
I would definitely be up for this!
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 11:46:34 AM EDT
[#15]
That's the weekend of my birthday, and it's only an hour to an hour and a half away.

Sounds great to me
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 9:41:53 AM EDT
[#16]
I've been there and shot before with a buddy who was a member. Not a bad range (we shot on the 180yd one). Are there any longer distance ranges there?
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 3:29:23 PM EDT
[#17]
Sounds like a great idea.

Hero-Gear / Hero Guns would be interested in helping with sponsorship of this event, but Oct 17th doesn't work for us, as we are hosting a state-wide Friends of the NRA shoot that exact same day.

Feel free to contact me to discuss how we can help make this a great event (as long as the date can be changed)

Joe
www.hero-gear.com
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 7:27:44 PM EDT
[#18]
Sounds like a plan to me!
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 2:24:16 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I've been there and shot before with a buddy who was a member. Not a bad range (we shot on the 180yd one). Are there any longer distance ranges there?

That is the long one at this time.  While we were talking about the range, we eventually turned to a lil B.S.ing... and he mentioned gettin a longer one... but IF he does, it wont be in time for our shoot this year.  At least, I dont think so... sounded like it was more in the "pipe dream" stage... but who knows?
Link Posted: 4/2/2009 8:55:23 PM EDT
[#20]
I might be interested, but it's too far out to know my schedule in Oct.
Link Posted: 4/6/2009 3:40:51 PM EDT
[#21]
I am on line and monitoring. Will have web site up soon to provide info and allow for registration.
Link Posted: 4/6/2009 6:37:01 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 4/9/2009 8:29:29 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Welcome!

And just a warning- this crew is a little different than the GunTalk crew.

Yeah, most of us here still have all of our teeth!

Link Posted: 4/9/2009 9:12:45 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 4/14/2009 10:42:30 AM EDT
[#25]
Alrighty people... I KNOW that there are people who talked about wanting this to get set up who havent yet posted.  I am trying to work on gettin vendor interest and pointing them to this thread.  

If you intend to come out and play... just a simple post of "Ill be there" or something of that nature would be great.  At this point it is non-binding, we are merely trying to show potential vendors that we are going to have s good turnout.  Thanks for helping me make this a great event for all of us!
Link Posted: 4/14/2009 2:57:52 PM EDT
[#26]
I'll be there with at least 1 other person.

Link Posted: 4/14/2009 4:49:32 PM EDT
[#27]
I should be able to go.
Link Posted: 4/15/2009 6:16:25 AM EDT
[#28]
Tagged - I am very interested and if I attend, I will try to bring one person with me, maybe more. This far out I can't say for sure, but there's no reason I couldn't attend this.

Link Posted: 4/17/2009 7:28:28 AM EDT
[#29]
We should have the web pages up within a week or so with a private "enroll" page to reserve yourself range admission. We will not take payment until 60-90 days out.
Event will be called AR15 Gathering of Friends at Rattlesnakeridge

I have a car, frig, hot water heater, washer and dryer, computer and more lined up to shoot.
You can bring your own item for the group to engage.
Tannerite has been ordered.
Details will be posted soon on the new web page.
This will be fun!
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 8:11:40 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 3:56:16 AM EDT
[#31]
Here toy fo...

Link pulled by request of OP. Details still being worked out. HKO

(Why do I have the urge to put the letters "CTD" here....?)

;)

HKO

Link Posted: 6/13/2009 9:43:41 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 3:48:02 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Header still shows 2006 date from the gun-talk shoot.

Name is still the same.

Sorry guys... been outta the loop... Bragg last 2 weeks, then the woods this weekend.  Yes, it is still happening, and I am not sure where U found that link... but it still needs some work.  It was not intended to be made public yet.  

Hank, or HKO... if you could please pull that link, until we can get the details finalized... I dont want people gettin bad info.  Thanx.

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 3:17:15 PM EDT
[#34]
Link pulled per request.

HKO
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:13:19 PM EDT
[#35]
Thanks man...  I was shown that link by the range owner, and he had asked me not to publicize it yet as we havent finalized it yet.

BTW... if CTD is referring to "Crash to Desktop"... implying that this is gonna be a no go... no worries there... this is happening.  I just didnt want to keep BTTing with no new news... I figured I would wait till closer to the date, and wait till more info was available... then peak everyones interest again.

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 6:00:06 PM EDT
[#36]
I was referring to all the Cheaper Than Dirt references that made fun ofone more crack like that and we'll see who's laughing last..... CTD

HKO
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top