Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/25/2008 8:02:01 AM EDT
As a former Bostonian, I think the best concerts behind me were up North or in ATL but I was wondering...What are some of your favorite bands/singers you've seen in Music City or eslewhere in Vol Country?

Mine would be...Old Crow Medicine Show

Local H

and The Giraffes...(If you like hard rock/metal/surf/Jack Daniels/getting pissed on...try them)

Notables...Crowbar, Corrosion of Conformity, Smashing Pumpkins
Link Posted: 3/25/2008 9:05:45 AM EDT
[#1]
I've only been to 2 shows.. one at the Opry, where Dierks Bentley and Trace Adkins were playing.. it was a very good show.

And last month I went to the Rodney Atkins and Brad paisley show, which was also very good.
Link Posted: 3/25/2008 12:29:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Def Leppard x2, CCR, Styx, Kansas (revisted), and Kutlass (Christaian rock).  The 1st 4 at the now gone Starwood.  Saw a lot of great shows out there.
Link Posted: 3/25/2008 12:42:07 PM EDT
[#3]
http://www.webbwilder.com/
Link Posted: 3/25/2008 4:21:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Kiss,RUSH,Mary Chapin Carpenter ( she put on a good show)
The Tragically Hip, Ted Nugent, Bare Naked Ladies,The Screamin' Cheetah Wheelies before they had a record deal, many unknown bands in Nashville.
Link Posted: 4/2/2008 12:09:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Aerosmith twice, Dave Matthews Band, Violent Femmes, Offspring,
and........ even MC Hammer
Link Posted: 4/2/2008 1:04:35 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

and........ even MC Hammer

Chalk that one up to....?

image removed.
~the Hank
Link Posted: 4/2/2008 1:30:17 PM EDT
[#7]
3 Dog Night, Rolling Stones, Paul and Linda McCartney,.......
Link Posted: 4/2/2008 8:06:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Pantera, Metallica, Three Days Grace, Puddle of Mudd, Buckcherry, Black Stone Cherry, Nickelback, Foo Fighters, and .........Alice In Chains acoustic at the Ryman. Going to see Hank Williams and Lynyrd Skynyrd in June.
Link Posted: 4/3/2008 2:25:56 AM EDT
[#9]
the only one's  I can remember back in the day in Nashville where Van Halen , Matalica , Iron Maden , Fastway , I think I saw Ozzy there too, then there was Hank Jr. that show was kinda fuzzy some reason ,  
Link Posted: 4/3/2008 10:48:36 AM EDT
[#10]
Tool was great at the Knox. Civic Coliseum, absolutely rocked the house out back in '03.  Later had a chance to catch A Perfect Circle at the Coliseum, it was just as awesome.

Probably the 'best' show I've seen, or the one I enjoyed the most was Drive By Truckers last August at the Tennessee Theater, absolutely loved it.

As for who I want to see the most? The local boys, Glossary.  http://www.glossary.us.

P.S. The new Glossary album "The Better Angels of our Nature" is available for free on their downloads page, no strings attached.  These guys are definitely worth a listen!
Link Posted: 4/3/2008 10:52:06 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
.........Alice In Chains acoustic at the Ryman.

I'm Jealous... Was that while Layne Staley was still around?
Link Posted: 4/3/2008 12:43:57 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Pantera, Metallica, Three Days Grace, Puddle of Mudd, Buckcherry, Black Stone Cherry, Nickelback, Foo Fighters, and .........Alice In Chains acoustic at the Ryman. Going to see Hank Williams and Lynyrd Skynyrd in June.

AIC & Pantera...I wish I could've
Link Posted: 4/6/2008 9:12:53 PM EDT
[#13]
I think my favorite band that I've seen is Mastodon (saw them at a crappy teen "club" in Nashville).  They're playing at Bonnaroo this year, so I'm contemplating dropping the $250 for a ticket to go.
Link Posted: 4/6/2008 10:05:43 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
.........Alice In Chains acoustic at the Ryman.

I'm Jealous... Was that while Layne Staley was still around?

No, it was last year. I waited 15 years to see AIC, then saw them twice in a week. They played with Velvet Revolver in Southaven, MS, on a Sat; then played acoustic at the Ryman the next week. They were awesome. The new singer sounds just like Layne Staley. They put on one hell of a show.
Link Posted: 4/7/2008 8:18:55 AM EDT
[#15]
Man I remember back in the day at the ole Municipal Auditorium......

Kiss, Motley Crue, AC/DC ( actually passed out during that one...way 2 much doobage and Jack ), Ozzy, Boston, Ratt, Pat Benatar

My dad worked at the Opry House, so I got in free at all the shows out there....Quarterflash, Cheaptrick, Adam Ant ( met my wife at that one), Tom Petty, Joan Jett, Romantics.

Other shows I've seen....Styx, Van Halen, Metallica, Guns & Roses.
Link Posted: 4/7/2008 8:36:21 AM EDT
[#16]
Bob Seger and The Silver Bullet Band
ZZ Top
REM
10,000 Maniacs (my then GF drug me to that one, but I actually became a fan of Natalie Merchant after that)
Link Posted: 4/7/2008 11:09:07 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I think my favorite band that I've seen is Mastodon (saw them at a crappy teen "club" in Nashville).  

Wouldn't happen to be Rocketown, was it?

I saw Chevelle there last year...Had to get all liquored up pre-concert as they don't allow anything at Christian based coffee houses  They even made the girl who showed her boobage put her shirt back on

Rancid is playing there soon...May have to go back.
Link Posted: 4/7/2008 12:01:47 PM EDT
[#18]
metallica, godsmack, derailed, linkin park, disturbed, papa roach, slipknot...several others i can't remember due to alcohol consumption...
Link Posted: 4/10/2008 9:36:39 AM EDT
[#19]
Zeppelin came to Memphis in 1977 or 79 I believe...I wasn't around for that one, but Page and Plant came in 1995. I didn't go, find you, but it did happen

Link Posted: 4/12/2008 8:29:23 AM EDT
[#20]
dont know what kind of music everyones into but a few local bands that are great to see are "The Features" and "American Bang" <<<formerly known as "BANG,BANG,BANG" ..."the katies" all great local bands. big bands that ive seen...foo fighters twice. always a good show, fuel, aerosmith, anything at riverstages when they had that. Smashing Pumkins at the grand ole opry acustic set...now that was awesome. and of course lots and lots more local bands just too many to list.
Link Posted: 4/15/2008 2:37:28 PM EDT
[#21]
Pink Floyd Nashville '94. Best concert I'ver ever seen
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 12:41:34 PM EDT
[#22]
Velcro Pygmies, Candy Cream and the Wet Dream.
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 12:49:30 PM EDT
[#23]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top