Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/24/2005 9:16:20 AM EDT
I found the flyer at Bentons today on my way back from the range.

It is located just north of the Hiawasse on Forest route 27. 4 pistol and 4 rifle/shotgun lanes. Open sunup to sundown except Tuesdays when it is closed for cleanup/LE use.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 2:48:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Isn't this over by Reliance then? What's the fee required?

Link Posted: 12/26/2005 4:35:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Where's hiawasse?
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 6:01:37 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Where's hiawasse?

South Cherokee National Forest.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 4:44:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Err, what city?

believe it or not, I do live in TN.  Just don't get out much, apparently.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 6:07:07 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Err, what city?

believe it or not, I do live in TN.  Just don't get out much, apparently.

Basically between Etowah and Benton.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 1:42:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Is that Gee-Creek range in the Smokey Mountains Forest?
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 4:06:19 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

No. Reliance is in Polk Co., off of Hwy 411. I believe it's on State Hwy 30? Small town, no mayor, etc.

Hiawasse is a river that dumps into the Ocoee River, downstream of the Parksville Dam. Lots of trout fishing goes on the Hiwasse as it's not too deep most places. Water is cold as hell too.

If the new range is open then that must mean that the other two ranges on Hwy 64 are closed now????
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 8:45:29 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

No. The Smokey Mountains is a National Park. NO FIREARMS PERIOD in a National Park.

South Cherokee is a National Forest, which does allow firearms and hunting for that matter. Gee Creek is in the South Cherokee National Forest.

There is a HUGE difference between a National Forest and a National Park.

FYI, National Forests are under the Department of Agriculture whereas the National Parks are administered by the Department of the Interior.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 1:56:42 PM EDT
[#9]
This range is north of Reliance. It is dawn the road from the Hiawassee State Park Office. I assume the fee is the typical $3 parking but I havent been there yet. I will go soon and check it out.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 9:08:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Sorry,need to go to sleep.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 10:00:50 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
This range is north of Reliance. It is dawn the road from the Hiawassee State Park Office.

So would I turn where Webb's Store is & then immediately again to the right towards the powerhouse or what???

Thanks!

Bob
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 4:02:07 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
This range is north of Reliance. It is dawn the road from the Hiawassee State Park Office.

So would I turn where Webb's Store is & then immediately again to the right towards the powerhouse or what???

Thanks!

Bob

It is on the road that is on the north side of the river at 411.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 1:08:24 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

It is on the road that is on the north side of the river at 411.

Sounds like Hwy 30???????
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top