Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/6/2005 3:34:55 PM EDT
i drive on I-24 all the time.  When i come up behind a group of cars going slow i always think "gee, i bet there's an IL car up there to blame for this."  at least 3/4 of the time i'm right.  rant off.

ahh- i feel better.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 4:13:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Your rant-fu is weak.
That was more like a statement than a rant. Work on it.  

But I do agree, there are alot of IL plates through here. I wish all of the visitors would just go home.
Dont worry though,another two weeks and all of the little kiddies will be back in school so all of our out of towners will be going home.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 9:37:15 AM EDT
[#2]
my rant-fu is non-existent
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 4:17:07 PM EDT
[#3]
When I was in Knoxville it was all Ohio drivers.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 5:15:30 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
When I was in Knoxville it was all Ohio drivers.

Either Ohio or Roane county.

I think Walmart sells drivers licenses down in Roane county.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 9:28:30 PM EDT
[#5]
My wifes' car ('02 BMW 325ci) is registered in IL, and as such, wears IL tags.  However, I can assure you, she is not one of those slow drivers you despise.  In fact, unless you routinely do 80+mph on I-24, she's probably aggravated at you for moving so slow.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 4:03:43 AM EDT
[#6]
and watch out if its a VAN from IL or OH

those are the worst.

essayons
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 3:34:11 AM EDT
[#7]

My wifes' car ('02 BMW 325ci) is registered in IL, and as such, wears IL tags. However, I can assure you, she is not one of those slow drivers you despise. In fact, unless you routinely do 80+mph on I-24, she's probably aggravated at you for moving so slow.

I guess it must be a woman thing. My wife doesnt know the numbers that exist under 80 mph. Its 0mph or 80mph.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 10:34:44 AM EDT
[#8]

I guess it must be a woman thing. My wife doesnt know the numbers that exist under 80 mph. Its 0mph or 80mph.

I don't know about that.  I personally think my wife drives too slowly.  Of course, it might have something to do with my German heritage and the two years I spent in Germany.  

I'm all for abolishment of the speed limit in open areas, with reasonable limits set during hours of darkness, inclement weather, within built-up metropolitan areas, or during hours of peak usage.  However, if it's 3pm on a sunny afternoon and I'm on I-40 eastbound between Lebanon and Knoxville, why shouldn't I be able to drive at 80 or even 90 mph?  It's not like there's a lot of traffic or pedestrians in the roadway.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 11:35:57 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I'm all for abolishment of the speed limit in open areas, with reasonable limits set during hours of darkness, inclement weather, within built-up metropolitan areas, or during hours of peak usage.  However, if it's 3pm on a sunny afternoon and I'm on I-40 eastbound between Lebanon and Knoxville, why shouldn't I be able to drive at 80 or even 90 mph?  It's not like there's a lot of traffic or pedestrians in the roadway.

a huge +1

why do they keep it so low.  when they lowered it the first time it was because people were getting killed in car accidents and to save gas.  today's vehicles are much more fuel efficient (on average) and are safer.  The interstate traffic already moves 80 inspite of the speed limit being 70.  it seems like in a free country that the laws should reflect the will of the people, which is obviously to drive faster.  so, why not raise it to 80?  i can see problems with abolishing it, my 4runner is going to be much slower than any corvette, and speeds above 80 could prove unsafe for heavier vehicles.  but 70 seems very sluggish.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top