BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Utah
Site Notices
Posted: 4/22/2013 11:09:44 AM EDT
Anybody got any recommendations?
Link Posted: 4/23/2013 6:01:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Email  [email protected] and ask to be added to their e-mail list. They do shoots the first Saturday of the month  at the PMAA range and they can give you some ideas. (I have been to a few of their events, but have done most of my training out of state.)
Link Posted: 4/23/2013 7:05:18 AM EDT
[#2]
I took Advanced Pistol from these guys two weeks ago. Good course. Was held at the PMAA range.

Strategic Tactical Group

I am also signed up for Fighting Rifle in September.
Link Posted: 4/23/2013 6:07:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Cool.  Give us some details.
Link Posted: 4/23/2013 7:27:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I took Advanced Pistol from these guys two weeks ago. Good course. Was held at the PMAA range.

Strategic Tactical Group

I am also signed up for Fighting Rifle in September.

They did my CCW class at my buddies house and were talking about the defensive pistols course. They also have simunitions
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 7:33:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Cool.  Give us some details.

We did draws, shooting on the move, unorthodox positions, over and around barriers, and a run and gun at the end. It was cold, raining, and muddy. It was a lot of fun. Good instructors - they weren't the Gabe Suarez or James Yeager types either.

Link Posted: 4/24/2013 2:46:37 PM EDT
[#6]
I have taken classes from both of these guys.  They are both very good

Armed Prep School    Mark Jones  

CTIA     Dennis Kennedy
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 8:56:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I have taken classes from both of these guys.  They are both very good

Armed Prep School    Mark Jones  

CTIA     Dennis Kennedy

Mark Jones is a good guy.  He has actual combat experience and is all about no BS, just what goes on in the real world.
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 8:57:43 PM EDT
[#8]
I'll second courses from Strategic Tactical Group.  I've taken two carbine courses and a pistol course.  One instructor is local LEO, and had great insight into fighting with a carbine.

The other instructor I had did one of the combat carbine courses and the pistol course.  He is ex-LEO out of LA, Force Recon Marine, and a very very good instructor.  His approach to instruction is excellent.

All courses were casual and relaxed in terms of how the courses are conducted.  As expected, there is strict adherence to safety.  I recommend STG without reservation.
Page Hometown » Utah
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top