Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Utah
Site Notices
Posted: 6/8/2009 2:06:25 PM EDT
I'm looking for a good FFL in the Provo/Orem/Utah county area that I can get a gun shipped to.  Don't like using Gunnies as they charge more and I have to wait for them to ship the ffl out which takes a while.

I usually use J and E sales in Lindon but he's on vacation all next week so we won't get it back for a couple weeks. Any other good ones in the area?
Link Posted: 6/8/2009 2:55:14 PM EDT
[#1]
I've used Rangemasters in the past without too many problems, but FBMG is only a short drive to Draper and they still have the best CS in the valley.
Link Posted: 6/9/2009 3:32:40 AM EDT
[#2]
You could try VanWagenens.  Norm is running out of guns to sell, and could probably use the business!
Link Posted: 6/9/2009 8:08:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Norm (Van Wagonens) is an arrogant ass with no customer service from him or his employees.

Rangemasters of Utah is good to go.  

FBMG is also good to go.  Not worth the drive if you can get it at Rangemasters though... I try to support Ken over at rangemasters as much as possible, as they deserve it.

Kent
Link Posted: 6/9/2009 12:42:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Norm (Van Wagonens) is an arrogant ass with no customer service from him or his employees.

Rangemasters of Utah is good to go.  

FBMG is also good to go.  Not worth the drive if you can get it at Rangemasters though... I try to support Ken over at rangemasters as much as possible, as they deserve it.

Kent

100% agreed on Van Wagonens.  I haven't been in there in years, but have made purchases at other places in the area.  I might have considered them, but my two visits into their store permanently turned me off of them.  I never bought anything from them - I couldn't even get a sales person to answer a question, and there were three of them and only two customers the first time, and I was the only customer the second time.  

Rangemasters seems OK but a bit high on their prices.  They have a great range.  

FBMG is working on a range, and they have some very nice people working in there.
Link Posted: 6/9/2009 2:48:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Use Rangemasters!!! By the wasy whatever happened with the stolen gun and the crazies that kept driving by your house?
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 8:23:06 AM EDT
[#6]
+1 on the negative comments about Van Wagnens.  He is a dick and I wouldn't trust him with any gun I was having sent in.

On the flip side, I have been treated great doing FFL transfers through Rangemasters.  It costs about $25 per, but I've never had any trouble or been treated poorly for using an FFL to purchase a similar gun that they had for sell.  I have returned the favor by purchasing stuff from them.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 8:45:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
You could try VanWagenens.  Norm is running out of guns to sell, and could probably use the business!

I appreciate the suggestion but I will stop shooting,  send all my money to the democratic party,  sell my wife into the sex trade and tattoo a naked picture of hillary clinton on my butt cheek before I ever buy anything at Van Wagonens again.

I hope he goes out of business.

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 8:49:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Use Rangemasters!!! By the wasy whatever happened with the stolen gun and the crazies that kept driving by your house?

We had a couple more casings, I can't remember if I told you about the time the neighbors found someone wandering around in the back yard or not.

we called the police and they started patrolling by our house several times a night,  and my wife basically quarantined herself at home for about a month. We had someone here almost all the time.

I also bought a fort knox safe and got everything I was really worried about into the safe so I could sleep and travel a lot more relaxed.

after about a month or two nothing happened and we stopped getting late night drive bys and stuff.  I figure they realized there was always someone here and either pawned it or sold it for drugs.

I'm still f'ing pissed about my Glock 23 though
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 1:15:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

We had a couple more casings, I can't remember if I told you about the time the neighbors found someone wandering around in the back yard or not.

we called the police and they started patrolling by our house several times a night,  and my wife basically quarantined herself at home for about a month. We had someone here almost all the time.

I also bought a fort knox safe and got everything I was really worried about into the safe so I could sleep and travel a lot more relaxed.

after about a month or two nothing happened and we stopped getting late night drive bys and stuff.  I figure they realized there was always someone here and either pawned it or sold it for drugs.

I'm still f'ing pissed about my Glock 23 though

Well dang. No I never remember hearing about the person in your yard, glad to hear you got a safe and they have stopped bugging you!

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 11:53:31 PM EDT
[#10]
I use compact firearms in Lehi off main st.
They are new and small, but have really good customer service and only charge $20 for transfers.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 1:08:03 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:I appreciate the suggestion but I will stop shooting,  send all my money to the democratic party,  sell my wife into the sex trade and tattoo a naked picture of hillary clinton on my butt cheek before I ever buy anything at Van Wagonens again.

Wow, I can sense the love.    I have bought many guns from Norm, all at prices that other stores could not even touch.

I don't know what you guys are doing to make your experience there a poor one, but I have never any problems with Norm or his staff.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 5:48:58 AM EDT
[#12]
In my case, I walked in the door, looked at the guns in the counter, then tried to get the attention of a salesperson to look at an item.  

I was the only customer in the store the one time, and they were all on cell phones or surfing the internet.  One guy was on the other side of the counter taking to his buddy about an ATV - certainly not work related.

I spend my $$ at places where the owner/manager cares about the customer that walks in the door.  "Norm" isn't that guy.  Gunnies is, Rangemasters is, FBMG is - hell, Cabelas has better CS than Van Wagonens and I hate that place.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 9:01:16 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:I appreciate the suggestion but I will stop shooting,  send all my money to the democratic party,  sell my wife into the sex trade and tattoo a naked picture of hillary clinton on my butt cheek before I ever buy anything at Van Wagonens again.

Wow, I can sense the love.    I have bought many guns from Norm, all at prices that other stores could not even touch.

I don't know what you guys are doing to make your experience there a poor one, but I have never any problems with Norm or his staff.

Maybe you are friends with them, you kept going even after getting treated like crap and they warmed up to you, etc...  I don't know.  All I know is that I have only had piss poor customer service and they were actually condescending and rude on the 2nd of my 2 visits to that place.  Of the few people I have talked to that have gone there, their experiences were basically the same.  I have blacklisted that place (and when the subject comes up, I tell everyone I can about it).  It seems most of the guys here have as well.

Maybe they are just jaded because they deal with the whole pawn thing all day?  However that is no excuse for not doing good business; their attitudes have cost them a lot of money...
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 10:53:39 PM EDT
[#14]
FBMG is great. I use them every time.

Ahhh Van Wags. I bought my first AK from them back in 1992. I still go by from time to time looking for a deal. I like their prices, but I definitely don't expect any sort of great customer service from them. It is what it is.

EDIT: Oh ouch, FBMG just raised their FFL transfer fee to $40. I may have to start going to Compact Firearms now.
Page Hometown » Utah
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top