Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Utah
Site Notices
Posted: 2/24/2007 8:04:41 AM EDT
I will be in SL  in March with wife for a long weekend.  

Were is a good place to take her out for dinner.  

Will be staying at Grand America down town.

Don't want to drive a long ways.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 8:25:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Though I haven't been there myself, I have heard good things about Ruth's Chris Steakhouse and the restaurant in the Joseph Smith Memorial building (The Roof?)

Those are both pretty close to the Grand America.  Within walking distance anyways.

If you want good food but maybe not so expensive, try PF Changs or Bucca di Beppo.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 12:06:23 PM EDT
[#2]
There is also a Ruby River Steakhouse fairly close to downtown... if you like steak.

www.rubyriver.com/

adress:
435 S 700 E
Salt Lake City, UT 84102
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 1:13:20 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Though I haven't been there myself, I have heard good things about Ruth's Chris Steakhouse and the restaurant in the Joseph Smith Memorial building (The Roof?)

There was a review in the Tribune recently on Ruth's Chris Steakhouse...

Review

Market Street Grill is usually pretty good if you're into seafood.

Link Posted: 2/24/2007 1:48:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 9:44:49 AM EDT
[#5]
I would like to second the Rodizio Grill at Trolley Square suggestion.  We went there for my birthday last month.  The food is AWESOME and it is not too ridiculously prices ($20 per person plus drinks).  It's a 5-10 minute cab ride from the Grand America.  Be sure to make reservations though, there can be up to an hour wait on weekends.

Rodizio Grill
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 10:25:10 AM EDT
[#6]

Thanks these are going to be a lot of help
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 3:40:46 PM EDT
[#7]
For a romantic dinner, I highly recommend The Melting Pot.  They are a bit pricey, but less so than Ruth's Chris.

Here's a link to their site:
http://www.meltingpot.com/saltlakecity/home.html

Rodizio Grill is tasty, but not very romantic. Noisy and lots of interruptions as they bring the meat around to your table.

Link Posted: 2/25/2007 5:04:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Probably the best place in town right now (having been to all of those and a bunch others downtown in the last few months) is Flemings. They have the BEST steak in town. They sear it in UV at about 21600 degrees and then slow cook it. When you poke at a rare one it is like poking a water ballon it is so full of juices. Everything is served al' acart, and it can be pretty pricy. But worth every penny.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 5:15:31 PM EDT
[#9]
The Market Street Grill is always reliable, and is really good. I like the one down the valley myself.

The Silver Fork Inn is prett rustic & romantic at night (it is up Big Cottonwood Canyon, but worth the drive).

There are some great resturants up in the Park City area.

I would also recommend the Mandarin (it is just over the ridge in Bountiful, very much worth the drive, but can be busy).

Flemmings is good. Thaifoon was pretty good too. The Melting Pot was nice, but can be crowded and it takes a while (about 2 hours, including dessert).

Link Posted: 2/25/2007 7:43:06 PM EDT
[#10]
For a more romantic dinner, try Tuscany.  It's about 15 minutes from downtown SLC.
Page Hometown » Utah
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top