Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Utah
Site Notices
Posted: 8/18/2005 8:16:25 PM EDT
www.standard.net/standard/59578/#

I'm just a little bit pissed about how they are spending my tax dollars.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 8:40:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 9:03:00 PM EDT
[#2]
WoW, I wonder what that cost.  Probably a bit more than three PS controllers and some games.  Oh wait a second, the merchandise was left behind!
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 9:41:15 PM EDT
[#3]
I really respect cops... and I've met some of the Riverdale PD... but this sort of thing really bothers me.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 6:27:56 AM EDT
[#4]
I really disrespect cops; I'm sure there is a good one out there, but I haven't meet him.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 4:41:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Instant and overwhelming response... should put a crimp on all the "thugs-in-training" Grand Theft Auto time.

I'm not sure I understand the problem some of you seem to have with this.  Seems like good training for the time when they have to go after someone who's a serious threat. Imagine the reduction in thuggery and convience crime if each were met with this.

I'd rather pay the police for being out on the hunt than sitting on their hands in the station.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 6:12:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Hmmm, I think maybe chasing down the kids while carrying a "machine gun" might be just a tad bit zealous on the part of the police ...
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 7:44:39 AM EDT
[#7]

Hmmm, I think maybe chasing down the kids while carrying a "machine gun" might be just a tad bit zealous on the part of the police ...

Unless the kids suddenly hopped into their "The Fast & the Furious" modified asian import parked on the other side of the parkway, dipped into their bag of stolen guns, and opened up.

But then again, I have lived for several years on Europe where if something is worth guarding, it's worth guarding with an automatic weapon. If the police have a gun, then they have a gun.  I don't get hung up on whether it's a semi, 3 round burst, or full auto (ma dueces excluded of course )
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 1:10:21 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Unless the kids suddenly hopped into their "The Fast & the Furious" modified asian import parked on the other side of the parkway, dipped into their bag of stolen guns, and opened up.

But then again, I have lived for several years on Europe where if something is worth guarding, it's worth guarding with an automatic weapon. If the police have a gun, then they have a gun.  I don't get hung up on whether it's a semi, 3 round burst, or full auto (ma dueces excluded of course )

A gun is a gun, whether it shoots one round a minute or 900, it still shoots.  I dont care what cops carry as long as its not crew served.  I dont think I ever saw a cop in Hungary carry a handgun outside of Budapest, they all carried AK's at the ready.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 11:37:45 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
A gun is a gun, whether it shoots one round a minute or 900, it still shoots.  I dont care what cops carry as long as its not crew served.  I dont think I ever saw a cop in Hungary carry a handgun outside of Budapest, they all carried AK's at the ready.

Yup, I have to agree. At first glance I to thought that maybe they had over-reacted. But on second thought, why shouldn't they be able to carry maximum firepower? They have no idea who they're dealing with, especially in this day and age.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 2:10:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Damn, I had two cars stolen this year and the cops didn't seem to care...
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 2:12:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Oh, I might as well add, I'd much rather see cops spending time chasing down real criminals than just sitting in their patrol car handing out tickets all day.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 8:24:38 AM EDT
[#12]
UUMMMM - donuts.  Not exactually a felony crime - but what the hey.  Poor bastardo who was just walking along river - I'll bet he has a big dry cleaning bill. .
Page Hometown » Utah
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top