Link Posted: 4/15/2005 8:05:09 PM EDT
[#1]
No, but thank you for asking.

Link Posted: 4/15/2005 9:55:25 PM EDT
[#2]
im moveing down there and i was hopeing someone out there likes to have fun
Link Posted: 4/16/2005 5:21:22 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm sure there is, I just don't know if they post here.

Link Posted: 4/28/2005 5:42:00 PM EDT
[#4]
cool, ill have to ask around down there. lots of open land so should be fun
Link Posted: 4/30/2005 7:20:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Go to Toquerville Falls...it is not far from St George at all.  You may very well find large piles of 5.56 NATO brass very close to the falls (on the top side) if you look around.
Link Posted: 5/2/2005 12:44:20 PM EDT
[#6]
There is a shooting range that they have been working on for years in Hurricane, but so far nothing much has been done except the land being acquired.  When (if) it is finished, it will allegedly have a highpower range.  St. George is surrounded by BLM property, so there are plenty of places to shoot.  Just go 10 minutes out of town and find a place where (hopefully) the motorcycles and ATVs will not be driving.  We usually head out to the Arizona strip.  There is a lot of nothing out there.

It seems like half the guys in town have ARs.
Link Posted: 5/16/2005 8:37:36 PM EDT
[#7]
i was asking around down here and they said to avoid the arazona strip because of anal rangers giveing you tickets for hunting with out a licence even tho its obvious that your shooting at a target... still trying to find a place to shoot. so far the best looking area is by hurricane
Link Posted: 5/16/2005 8:42:34 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Go to Toquerville Falls...it is not far from St George at all.  You may very well find large piles of 5.56 NATO brass very close to the falls (on the top side) if you look around.

cool, i still have not explored that area ill have to check it out when i have a chance
i have been hopeing to find a spot with lots of spent brass to make it easy
Link Posted: 5/17/2005 9:14:11 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
i was asking around down here and they said to avoid the arazona strip because of anal rangers giveing you tickets for hunting with out a licence even tho its obvious that your shooting at a target... still trying to find a place to shoot. so far the best looking area is by hurricane

I have never seen a ranger out there.

I guess St. George has just incorporated out to the state line, so it is technically illegal to shoot on the Utah side.  That sucks, as those bluffs on the Utah side made great backstops.
Link Posted: 5/17/2005 5:57:32 PM EDT
[#10]
oh goodie, now its going to be even more confuseing for me
Link Posted: 5/17/2005 7:47:33 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I guess St. George has just incorporated out to the state line, so it is technically illegal to shoot on the Utah side.  That sucks, as those bluffs on the Utah side made great backstops.

It probably agries up the blue hairs.

Link Posted: 5/20/2005 12:06:10 AM EDT
[#12]
The Hurricane range is currently only open on the 1st and 3rd Saturdays of the month.  At the present time, they are only set up to do IPSC and shotgun.  They will have a hundred yard rifle range with benches ready to go sometime this summer.

You can not shoot on the Utah or Arizona state trust lands to the south of town.  SGPD will give you a ticket on the Utah side and the AZ state trooper (yes, there is only one in the area) will give you a ticket on the AZ side.  Enforcement is spotty in AZ, but I have talked to several people who have been ticketed.

You can shoot on BLM land.  Here is a .pdf map of the county showing land ownership.  I like to shoot to the west of Bloomington, but, depending on where you live, other BLM property could be closer.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 6:06:03 PM EDT
[#13]
well with my job i do alot of house calls and finally i found someone with one of those gun cases with the glass showing off all the toys so i asked that sounds about where i was told to shoot. said to just drive out on the dirt road tell i saw some targets on the hill side
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 6:17:27 PM EDT
[#14]
also how do i get to the Hurricane range? i would like to check it out
and the area i was told about was at the end of river rd that the area your talking about?

thanks guys for the input my poor guns are feeling ignored
Page Hometown » Utah
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top