Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Utah
Posted: 1/25/2005 10:26:06 PM EDT
Well, it looks like my current state may become the next Kalifornistan with regards to firearms, so I'm seriously thinking of moving to Idaho.  I'm leaning more towards the Coeur d'Alene area (family in Spokane, WA and Sandpoint, ID) or maybe even Boise.  My job is flexible enough I could live in either location.  Lucky me.  It will suck having to pay a state income tax, but at least I could own NFA stuff!

I've started a basic search for housing, just to get an idea of what's available and how much it costs.  But many of the websites I've found don't have much (Windermere and Tomlinson Black.)  So I'm hoping someone from either area knows of a good website for finding homes for sale.  Can someone help me out here?

Link Posted: 1/27/2005 6:56:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Don't worry to much about paying state taxes they are pretty low.  Plus car registrations are cheap, about $35 for my 2001 pickup.  Sorry I can't help you with Boise or the northern part of the state, I live in the S.E. part.

Paraord16
Link Posted: 1/30/2005 11:53:56 PM EDT
[#2]
I think you may be at a loss for website for these areas.  Are you interested in acreage, building, or buying?  I'm from Post Falls and the whole area is booming.  Might not be a bad idea to invest in land around the area.  The land my parents were looking at several months ago was going for $150,000, now it's going for almost double.
Link Posted: 2/3/2005 4:46:29 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm about 100miles north of Boise, booming here too. Basic livable 1500sq ft home is in the 200k - 250k range.
Link Posted: 2/28/2005 1:24:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Im in S.E. Idaho..   not a bad place to live
Link Posted: 2/28/2005 2:44:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/1/2005 10:30:24 AM EDT
[#6]
I've been using this website

www.northwest-national.com

They seem to have a long list of associates with listings.

Good luck with your search.

Link Posted: 3/1/2005 6:13:29 PM EDT
[#7]
wow.. time to move to idaho falls

http://www.northwest-national.com/32-003.htm
Link Posted: 3/2/2005 2:39:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Move to Wyoming and you won't have to pay income tax!!
Link Posted: 3/2/2005 3:56:50 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Move to Wyoming and you won't have to pay income tax!!

But Wyoming isn't in my sales territory, so that is out......
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 5:25:01 AM EDT
[#10]
To help you decide where you want to live, I think you have to decide what you want to do when you are not at work.  For example, I like to hunt, fish, ski, dirt bike ride, camp, and go shooting.  Eastern Idaho is one of the best places in the whole U.S. to live if you like to do the same types of activities.  Real estate is cheap too.  I had a builder construct a small, 1,104-square-foot house for me with an unfinished basement in 1997 for $88,000.  That included an oversized two-car garage and a 1/3 acre lot.  

Also, there is a whole lot of desert to go shooting.  Although, I am running out of places to shoot ground squirrels and rock chucks.  Land owners can be grouchy pricks!
Page Hometown » Utah
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top