Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Utah
Site Notices
Posted: 9/9/2004 12:50:22 PM EDT
Just thought I'd ask you guys to kinda "look after" my boy(not that he needs looking after he's got his head on straight and both feet firmly planted on the ground.)

His name is "collegekid" and he's going to BYUI in Rexburg.  I'd appreciate it greatly if you could make him welcome. (I gave him an Oly carbine for high school graduation and suggested he join the site.)

Thanks Brothers,

Hessian-1

(eta that's me and Callgirl in the avitar)
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 8:23:46 AM EDT
[#1]
You should go out and visit your son. Rexburg isn't much to look at, but Yellowstone Park and the Tetons are only about an hour and a half away.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 9:49:41 PM EDT
[#2]
The wife and I took him out there.  I love it!  Can't wait to find another reason to go back out.......wait a minute, I just got laid off from my job.  Now if I can just find someone to run(or buy) our answering service.  My wife and I have talked about relocating "out west."  Who knows?
Hessian-1out!
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 10:09:47 AM EDT
[#3]
I have lived in this area all my life (about 17 miles from rexburg) It is growing insanly fast and they still keep building. I think everyone wants to move here.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 12:37:04 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I have lived in this area all my life (about 17 miles from rexburg) It is growing insanly fast and they still keep building. I think everyone wants to move here.

It may be growing fast but it is still cheaper to live here than just about anywhere else.  By the way I'm about 25 miles from Wrecksburg.

Paraord16

Link Posted: 9/18/2004 8:02:15 PM EDT
[#5]
It isnt any less expensive to live here than it is in kansas or nebraska, my inlaws live in nebraska and its alot cheaper there.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 10:41:00 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
It isnt any less expensive to live here than it is in kansas or nebraska, my inlaws live in nebraska and its alot cheaper there.

It's a buttload cheaper to live there than in the Seattle or virtually every other metro area I can think of. Problem is, it's also difficult to find a good paying job there.

Maybe they'll help spur the local economy by rebuilding the Teton dam.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 8:48:43 AM EDT
[#7]
I watched that flood go thru rexburg, even went to the damn a few weeks before it broke.
Page Hometown » Utah
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top