Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Utah
Site Notices
Posted: 2/7/2006 7:49:18 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 5:15:13 AM EDT
[#1]
That's one funny looking gun, I couldnt even see where the bullets come out?
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 8:35:55 AM EDT
[#2]
What do you suppose is the lift capacity on that little bad boy?

Think it could lift a bottle of...say...tannerite?
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 11:49:31 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
What do you suppose is the lift capacity on that little bad boy?

Think it could lift a bottle of...say...tannerite?

I don't think he needs any ideas.....

Just remember Ryfter, you bomb us with your plane and we get to shoot back at it.

Actually I think you should let us shoot at it anyway. I mean what are the odds that we'd hit it? And even if we did it would just punch small holes in it. We could make a rule that AZ can only use his weapons if the happy switch isn't on "high". You know we are not *really* going to hit it and the odds of actually hitting something like the motor are far higher than the fuselage or wings..................what do ya think?
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 11:55:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Actually, I have been discussing something like that.  But, I am really not too keen about you shooting my plane.  I know the chances of hitting anything CRITICAL is pretty low, but it is still my plane!  I could probably pick something up for like $50ish, with esc, motor, everything. (used).  That may be the way to do things.  

As for the lift capasity, that is a small helo, so it would not be great.  I know that larget ones mount some decent camera equipment on them.  The trouble with a heli, though, is they are VERY tough to fly.  An airplane is FAR easier to fly.  
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 1:43:14 PM EDT
[#5]
I did a bit of RC flying for a couple years while I was out of work on disability.  It was a good way to pass a few hours of the day.  Never tried Helos though as like Ryfter said, they are harder to fly.  
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 2:40:49 PM EDT
[#6]
What I keep wondering about, is something like braided, high strength fishing line (what they use for deep-sea fishing) with a Tow-behind target.  I am thinking 2 feet long, in a + type shape.  Get a square piece of balsa and glue on some fan-fold foam.  I just wonder about the drag on something like that... and the stability of the tow-behind.  

I ordered a brushless motor and ESC this week, so I have the parts needed to make the EZ* you all saw, go even faster.  Add a larger prop, and I would get more thrust... which means, it could "carry, or pull" more.  :-)  
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:03:34 PM EDT
[#7]
What we need to do is make some of those cheap big styrofoam planes like the use at the big shoots to blast at.

Page Hometown » Utah
Top Top