Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/5/2022 12:02:56 AM EDT
Recently accepted a local job to get back around relatives in central Oregon, Damn knew that the tech industry and being bends bedroom had hit its rental/housing market pretty hard but this is unreal - like less than 10 crappy $1500 a month places to rent and no real homes for sale under $350,000 - I sort of knew what I was getting into but figured I could find something.

Guess I’ll just buy some cheap property up by the reservoir and live in an RV off-grid, mortgage on some acres has got to be infinitely cheaper.
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 11:42:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Yeah it seems like the whole state is that way
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 3:32:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Lol Prineville is still cheap.

It’s all relative.

Thank our potato head n chief.

Don’t look at the prices in Bend…

Enjoy poverty with a view.

I hear California still has room…
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 10:26:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Lol Prineville is still cheap.

It’s all relative.

Thank our potato head n chief.

Don’t look at the prices in Bend…

Enjoy poverty with a view.

I hear California still has room…
View Quote

Man, Nailed all the typical boomer housing market bullet points in one shot lol

I'll just quit my job and move to Christmas valley - Oh wait even property where there is no jobs or water is getting stupidly $$$

Best part is all the stupid rental websites still list median rent at $471 a month
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 2:45:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 12:36:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yeah welcome to central oregon...
View Quote

Yeah pretty much.

Grew up here, Just should have bought property or anything to live on in 2016 before I left the last time.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top