Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/25/2020 1:21:24 PM EDT
Picked up a new Berretta A300 field gun yesterday from Cabela's (had a $150 gift card). Salesman hands me a small notebook computer and says "fill it out". Neat, type and select. Easy money. First time using the electronic version.

He then enters my info into the "waitabase" and stops... looks at me, and says, in a shocked voice "you have a carry permit"?  "yes sir I do"... "you just went from #4100 to #5, could have been 5 days. Be ready in 10 minutes"

So I shopped for a new sling and cartridge bag... headed to firearms checkout, and was out in 20 minutes. I think he was shocked because I look like just a middle age geek man in work attire.

Cool story I know!

Stock pic of gun
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/25/2020 4:29:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Picked up a new Berretta A300 field gun yesterday from Cabela's (had a $150 gift card). Salesman hands me a small notebook computer and says "fill it out". Neat, type and select. Easy money. First time using the electronic version.

He then enters my info into the "waitabase" and stops... looks at me, and says, in a shocked voice "you have a carry permit"?  "yes sir I do"... "you just went from #4100 to #5, could have been 5 days. Be ready in 10 minutes"

So I shopped for a new sling and cartridge bag... headed to firearms checkout, and was out in 20 minutes. I think he was shocked because I look like just a middle age geek man in work attire.

Cool story I know!

Stock pic of gun
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/74443/Outlander_JPG-1561950.JPG
View Quote

Thats a good looking shotgun
Link Posted: 8/25/2020 5:33:57 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't know if it's just because of the CHL. BTW... They told him that you have a CHL? Privacy concerns!
They always tell me that I'm "instant". I have absolutely never had to wait. I bought a Glock at Bi-Mart recently. No wait.
I don't know why some peoples backgrounds take so long. First time gun buyers?
Link Posted: 8/25/2020 5:35:39 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm pumped to go shoot it, my first semi... The actual stock on my gun is the most deep, rich brown. Beautiful wood. Probably go kill some clays this weekend.

Have an eastern Oregon chuckar / pheasant hunt in four weeks.
Link Posted: 8/25/2020 5:37:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don't know if it's just because of the CHL. BTW... They told him that you have a CHL? Privacy concerns!
They always tell me that I'm "instant". I have absolutely never had to wait. I bought a Glock at Bi-Mart recently. No wait.
I don't know why some peoples backgrounds take so long. First time gun buyers?
View Quote

Nope... he just said, "wow, you jumped from #4000 to #5, do you have a concealed HG permit"

May not of been that, I agree... could just be that I just a fantastic dude! Or, it all of the tax I pay to Oregon, they want to spread a little lube on me...

My son's friend bought his first, Glock 48... five day wait. I'm kind of a frequent flyer...
Link Posted: 8/28/2020 2:45:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Same deal here, girl at the counter a few months ago was telling me it would be a few hours. I told her to give it a try, I usually come back quick, I came back instantly she said.
Link Posted: 9/3/2020 5:43:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Monday I was “1 of 45610” for all of ten minutes.
Link Posted: 9/3/2020 9:59:37 AM EDT
[#7]
CHL to the front of the line rule back in effect as of a week ago-ish.
Link Posted: 9/4/2020 2:17:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
CHL to the front of the line rule back in effect as of a week ago-ish.
View Quote

Very cool. WA CPL for sales went from "take her home today!" to "it's good if you need something to wipe your ass with".
Link Posted: 9/16/2020 1:06:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Nce did the same two week ago at bimart as they quoted me 5-7 day i told it is allways instant and it was shock gun counter employee lol. Havn't got to shoot it though got exposed to covid two days later ugh.
-sigadvantage-
Link Posted: 9/16/2020 11:12:15 PM EDT
[#10]
I always heard CCL puts you to the top out of those without however mine expired (ya I know, new one coming in the mail any day). Last two have been instant approvals in less than 10 mins. My dealer told me that if you don’t have anything in your background it will go through if anything pops up it goes to review and then you wait  a week or whatever it is up to now.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top