Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/9/2012 9:31:55 PM EDT
Hello every one. I just wanted to let all you folks know who live in Eugene or maybe passing by soon, SM Guns on River Road has a 20% off sale. I went in there today and was expecting to pay out hoot for some powder and bullets and the guy behind the counter said ," You reloaders are really gonna benefit from the 20% off deals we have now" .....I was shocked to hear that!! Anyway, I thought i might share this information for anyone who maybe looking to save a few bucks.
Hope this bit of information helps.
Link Posted: 6/9/2012 10:43:22 PM EDT
[#1]
I was in there a few years ago.  Decided not to buy or shop there again.
Link Posted: 6/10/2012 12:34:50 AM EDT
[#2]
...... sorry to hear about your bad experience
Link Posted: 6/10/2012 10:26:10 PM EDT
[#3]
That shop is a well I will keep it g rated. lets just say that shop has a bad rep for missing people off! they are rude pretty consistently. there are many many better options. I decided not to support a business like that. that clearly dosnt care about the customers. go ahead ask around many compare it to "the gun room " up north. if they treated you good remember that's not typical s&m. unless you enjoy the cold stares helpful staff rude owner and generally overpriced stuff. I hope they have gotten better BUT SERIOUSLY DOUT IT!
Link Posted: 6/11/2012 7:21:06 AM EDT
[#4]
I made myself go back in there a couple months back- was trying to track down a small spring.  Called around town and they swore they had it, even checked.  So I drag my kids across town to pick up real quick, and yeah they don't have it.  Left there giving a little piece of mind and haven't been back again.
Link Posted: 6/11/2012 4:36:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Starvin' Marvin is blowing the shit out of high prices!

Seriously- I live five minutes from S&M Gunshop, and I go there all the time... I keep telling myself that I will not go in there again, but I go... They do have an inventory, and the prices are reasonable...
I found a buckmark around xmas that was 50-70 dollars cheaper than anywhere else I could have purchased it, including online.

I have watched the owner argue 'til he is blue in the face with potential customers. I have seen him kick someone out for disagreeing with him (the customer was right, BTW) I have had him look me in the eye and feed me a load of B.S. I knew for sure was not right. More than once. Whatever. There are a hundred gun shops like S&M.

There is a new gunshop just North of S&M between the Subway and the Albertson's..... Oak Hill or something. Nice guys, but small.
Link Posted: 6/11/2012 9:00:59 PM EDT
[#6]
The Oak grove guys are the most friendly gun shop people I have ever talked to.  I purchased a 50 year old 336 from them last week and will purchase again.  Yes they are small and don't have a large inventory.
Link Posted: 6/12/2012 8:18:02 AM EDT
[#7]
OGV has had good prices on most things it seems.  Nice guys for sure.  their first shop was closer to me so got to know them.  They also do transfers for not too much.
Link Posted: 6/18/2012 11:35:17 AM EDT
[#8]
I wont go back to SM Guns again. They do not know how to treat their customer with respect. On the other side of things, OGV is the only place I buy guns now. Best prices, good service and they will find me just about anything I want. I am sticking with them, plus they are expanding their store so they will have a lot more accessories and stuff.
Link Posted: 6/19/2012 6:16:53 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I wont go back to SM Guns again. They do not know how to treat their customer with respect. On the other side of things, OGV is the only place I buy guns now. Best prices, good service and they will find me just about anything I want. I am sticking with them, plus they are expanding their store so they will have a lot more accessories and stuff.

Now they just need to organize/host a shoot at their farm!!!
Link Posted: 6/30/2012 9:44:14 PM EDT
[#10]
I don't care if SM has a 50% off sale.........you won't find me in there.

If he wishes to act like a first class douche that's his choice, as a paying customer I refuse to be treated like that so my choice is to spend my money elsewhere.

BT
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 10:20:24 PM EDT
[#11]
wow my experience has been so different than many of yours. I have been in there when Marv is ranting and raving. I usually deal with Dan every time i shop there. For me its about finding good deals and right now, that's what i'm getting. I also heard a rumor that prices are being slashed because the old man might be closing the doors within the next year.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top