Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/15/2010 8:14:40 AM EDT
http://www.kptv.com/news/25396158/detail.html

I hope this isn't the guy that was looking for a Gillie Suit in HILLSBORO...
Link Posted: 10/15/2010 8:28:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Not too bad of a Ghillie suit though..pretty poor escape and evasion plan though...
Link Posted: 10/15/2010 9:22:37 AM EDT
[#2]
You guys are too funny.  Nah, it wasn't me.  I just started building mine.  I ended up sending back the one I bought cause it wasn't right.

this is the second thread asking if it was me.  My wife and I were at home with the news on when that story came on the other night.  I was sitting on the floor marking and cutting a BDU shirt for sewing in the mesh and netting.  My wife thought it was pretty funny when they showed the pic of him in the full suit on the news as I was making one on the floor.  

here's the other thread:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=36&t=428112
On another topic(s), remember I posted that letter I wrote to the Statesman Journal lady, right.  Wasn't it you who said they were gonna come interview you?  How'd that turn out?

And wasn't it you that said you needed somebody to go with you to do some upland type hunting on the island?  When are we goin?
Link Posted: 10/15/2010 9:23:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Not too bad of a Ghillie suit though..pretty poor escape and evasion plan though...

A bicycle and a backpack aren't the ultimate escape plan??
Link Posted: 10/15/2010 10:29:22 AM EDT
[#4]
I raffed when I saw that sad sack mofo, in the south he could have been shot for mistaken skunkape.
If he farther out he could have been sasquache violated.

and yep I read that and thought of you.
Link Posted: 10/15/2010 10:49:07 AM EDT
[#5]
This is too funny , He should have stuck with paintball ..........another Tool that thinks Ghillie is a magic cloak!
Link Posted: 10/15/2010 12:04:07 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

bicycle and a backpack is a 10 year-old's plan for running away...

Link Posted: 10/15/2010 1:59:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

bicycle and a backpack is a 10 year-old's plan for running away...

Nonsense.  Bikes are quiet and can go places cars can't...

Another robber used a get-away bike successfully today:

http://portlandcitycenter.katu.com/content/bank-robber-makes-his-getaway-bike
Link Posted: 10/15/2010 9:35:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

We had the area contained pretty quick, but honestly, as foggy as it was that early morning, visibility south of the rice museum on Hwy 26 was only a few hundred feet and if he were smart, probably could have broken containment and got away on his bike.....I honestly think when we started to roll up on the museum, he saw our vehicles, ditched his bike and bag, and made his escape on foot in the woodline.....which had it not been for the K9, he probably wouldn't have been found.
Link Posted: 10/18/2010 8:45:22 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

We had the area contained pretty quick, but honestly, as foggy as it was that early morning, visibility south of the rice museum on Hwy 26 was only a few hundred feet and if he were smart, probably could have broken containment and got away on his bike.....I honestly think when we started to roll up on the museum, he saw our vehicles, ditched his bike and bag, and made his escape on foot in the woodline.....which had it not been for the K9, he probably wouldn't have been found.

Yeah - Other than the highway, that place is kind of out in the sticks.  He could have gone west through the woods would have been a viable E&E route - have a vehicle left at the mill or land fill...  or north and then dog-leg (no pun intended) through the orchards and have a vehicle waiting outside containment on West Union...  but a bike and a back pack just cruising down Groveland??  

Link Posted: 10/28/2010 12:20:07 PM EDT
[#10]
http://www.kgw.com/news/Moss-man-burglary-suspect-in-court-105795113.html

Ghillie-suited suspect claims Halloween mix-up
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 2:23:30 PM EDT
[#11]
DELETED

**wish I could go into detail about this guy's interview....but he is FOS!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top