Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/3/2006 8:31:58 AM EDT
This was what I had to look at every morning for the past week:

And to top it off, the resort staff insisted I do nothing but all week.  Don Julio and I have developed a great friendship and I have a new found respect for the "all inclusive" type of vaction.  
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 8:41:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Sweet, were is that?
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 8:41:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 8:45:44 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Sweet, were is that?

The island of Cozumel, Mexico.  Just south of Cancun.

Quoted:
You suck

Where's the other pics?

Did I mention the 2 year old stayed at home with her godparents?  I can neither confirm nor deny the existance of the "other pics"  

ETA: Here's a short video clip that I'm sure my wife would LOVE to know is floating around the internet.  
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 8:54:23 AM EDT
[#4]

The island of Cozumel, Mexico.  Just south of Cancun.

Sweet, I'm pretty sure I've been there.  Been to mexico a few times.  Been thinking of one of those all inclusive places....
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 9:57:08 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
ETA: Here's a short video clip that I'm sure my wife would LOVE to know is floating around the internet.  

SAVED FOR LIFE (pending future embarassments).
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 10:01:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Geez... And why do the Mexicans want to come up here?

Looks like fun... Enjoy it!
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 11:13:03 AM EDT
[#7]
It's beautiful, you lucky devil. Leaving the 2 year old, I bet you were so relaxed you didn't know what to do for like 5 minutes!!!!!
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 11:17:38 AM EDT
[#8]
You sure that isn't just your Screen saver?
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 11:43:29 AM EDT
[#9]
We stayed on the mainland just across from Cozumel on our honeymoon. That area kicks ass! But DAMN, is the humidity crazy....I though I was gonna die when I walked outside of the airport .
Did you go see the pyramids at all?
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 11:52:56 AM EDT
[#10]
Anybody else up for an Oregon ARFcom trip to Cancun?

Can you say "International incident"?
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 12:18:09 PM EDT
[#11]
I'd do a trip this winter down there.....
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 1:24:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Fuck Mexico!  They won't extradite cop killers and other criminals to face the death penalty, but they're sure damn happy to send the rest of their citizens across the border.  Fuck 'em.  I'll spend my vacation money here in the US.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 2:41:34 PM EDT
[#13]
^+1

Mr45glackman I don't want to hear any more bitching about no $ if you can go there you can go shooting.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 3:11:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Well you picked a good week to lay in th sun.  It's been pretty gloomy in OR and was pretty pissy yesterday (Sunday).  But sunshine should be just around the corner...right....?
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 6:37:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Did you dive?

jacque cousteau rated Cozumel as one of the top 5 places on the planet.

We did a 2 week dive trip there in the 80s.  Noting to do but (in order) dive, drink, eat, drink and screw.

Liked Cancun too.  
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 9:38:29 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Been thinking of one of those all inclusive places....

The way you drink, you're guaranteed to come out ahead!  

Quoted:
It's beautiful, you lucky devil. Leaving the 2 year old, I bet you were so relaxed you didn't know what to do for like 5 minutes!!!!!

Missed her like crazy the first 2 days or so...  I kept asking if we should call and see how she was doing.  This was the very first time she has every woken up and not had one of us there.

Quoted:
You sure that isn't just your Screen saver?

Yup.  

Quoted:
We stayed on the mainland just across from Cozumel on our honeymoon. That area kicks ass! But DAMN, is the humidity crazy....I though I was gonna die when I walked outside of the airport .
Did you go see the pyramids at all?

Humidity wasn't too bad with that cool ocean breeze, it positively sucked away from the ocean.  I hate high humidity areas where you feel like you've just worked out for two hours 5 mins after you've gotten out of the shower.    We did manage to visit the ruins at Tulum on the mainland.  Very cool indeed.

Quoted:
Fuck Mexico!  They won't extradite cop killers and other criminals to face the death penalty, but they're sure damn happy to send the rest of their citizens across the border.  Fuck 'em.  I'll spend my vacation money here in the US.

I did consider whether I wanted to spend my money on a trip to Mexico, but I decided I'd rather keep as many of them employed down there so I don't have to support them up here.  

Quoted:
^+1

Mr45glackman I don't want to hear any more bitching about no $ if you can go there you can go shooting.

Ah crap, this thread is starting to go downhill.  Note to self: Stop bitching to ilike9s, NoAim, Rotordemon, and everyone else about my limited "fun" budget.  From now on I will continue to be green with envy of those you who are able to jump into group buys and cool toys.  Someday I will join you, but not today.  Forgive we while I over your toys and before you.  I'll keep my bitching to myself.  Hell, even I know that no one likes a whiner.  

PS. Somehow I don't think Mrs. 45glockman believes the "once every 5 years" vacation fund and my toy fund are on equal footing in the family budget, but I'll keep working on it.  

Quoted:
Did you dive?

We did a 2 week dive trip there in the 80s.  Noting to do but (in order) dive, drink, eat, drink and screw.

No diving, but quite a bit of snorkeling.  Unfortunately one of the hurricanes last year REALLY hammered the island.  All of the trees in the jungle were stripped of vegetation.  The only palm trees with palms are ones freshly planted by the resort.  The reefs took quite a beating.  While there are still plenty of fish swimming about, what things look like now is nowhere near the color and beauty of the pictures taken before the storm.  I've been spoiled by some spectacular reefs in Hawaii and the Great Barrier Reef off of Australia.  As the reefs in Cozumel stand right now, they don't even come close.

As to your list of things to do, doesn't that sound like a great way to spend a vacation?  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top