Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/18/2006 7:39:57 PM EDT
any opinions on their lowers.  Just contemplating things.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 8:43:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Haven't got one, myself, but I've heard all kinds of good about them.

The original ones had some issues, but all problems appear to have been rectified with the latest version of them.

A Cav lower is probably my next AR purchase.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 10:36:20 PM EDT
[#2]
In my opinion they are half decent, at best. Great company and group of guys. I just don't have a whole lot of faith in the lower. I have one of the first generation and haven't used it yet. I will probably wait until I find a .22 LR upper to use with that. I have heard of a few of the current generation lowers breaking in half.

I say if you already have a few aluminum lowers and want to build one for a novelty, go for it. I would personally not rely on one for my only AR.

If you do decide to get one though, I will say that I have not heard of one person ever having a problem getting a broken one repaired. Like I said, good company and group of guys. You don't have to worry about doing business with them.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 10:56:45 PM EDT
[#3]
The reason to get one is light weight.  The reason to not get one is that you can never change the stock.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 11:47:04 PM EDT
[#4]
I think they look icky. That's right, I said 'icky'.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 9:41:01 AM EDT
[#5]
I ordered one from a dealer on the EE and picked it up from my dealer yesterday. I bought it with the intention of SBR'ing and putting a suppressed 45 acp upper on it. I tried four different uppers (RRA, CMT/STAG, LMT, and DPMS) on it last night and not one of them fit. The rear pin won't go in.

I have sent off an email the dealer I ordered it from, but I don't expect an answer until tomorrow.

Link Posted: 3/19/2006 8:31:08 PM EDT
[#6]

Link Posted: 3/19/2006 9:32:22 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm personally toying with the idea of getting one, along with a pencil barrel upper, for an uber-lightweight carbine...

Still haven't decided whether or not I want to go with a flat top, or an A1 style upper.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 11:49:16 PM EDT
[#8]
you reminded me about these... i was thinking about one quite a ways back...

after checking out the pricing and everything they are right about there with a normal lower combined with a stock... tempting tempting...

Jess
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 6:28:05 AM EDT
[#9]
I just cant get over the one peice stock lower thing... I just feels off and looks..... Well like crap.

The only one of those I have seen that I liked was Mr45autos 45arsd....for abvious reasons!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top