Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/12/2006 3:24:32 PM EDT
Any word on if English Pit will ever reopen? I noticed that their phone number now leads to some county bureaucrat. I assume it's closed forever, but a guy can hope, right? Anyone know the real reason for its closure? I've heard a couple different rumors but I'd like the real dope.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 4:16:02 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Any word on if English Pit will ever reopen? I noticed that their phone number now leads to some county bureaucrat. I assume it's closed forever, but a guy can hope, right? Anyone know the real reason for its closure? I've heard a couple different rumors but I'd like the real dope.

In the Columbian a few weeks back. An article was writing that the county was looking for someone to reopen and run the range. No time frame. So I won't hold my breath.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 8:45:01 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

In the Columbian a few weeks back. An article was writing that the county was looking for someone to reopen and run the range. No time frame. So I won't hold my breath.

Cool, thanks. I found the article here. Sounds optimistic, but I'm not going to hold my breath either.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 11:45:53 AM EDT
[#3]
We should all pitch in and make it ARFCOM rifle range
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 1:14:17 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

It would be fun, all aside...
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 4:11:48 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/14/2006 10:06:05 AM EDT
[#6]
I have heard a few of the rumors.  The most plausible seems to be that insurance was becoming too expensive.  I know that this was the reason mentioned for the closure in the last Clark Rifles, Inc. news letter.  Insurance is VERY expensive for these ranges.  Even when they get it through the NRA it is a huge cost.  Clark Rifles, Inc. just had to up their coverage from $500,000/$500,000 to $1,000,000/$2,000,000.  There are just too many liberal/anti-gun freaks just looking for a way/reason to sue and shut down the ranges.  have  A truly organized effort from an outside source might be the only possibility IMHO.  

EDIT-I just read the article.  Looks like it was the insurance issue.  Even though they sound/act optimistic, I am still very skeptical.....but that is just the way I am!  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top