Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/26/2006 7:09:12 AM EDT
I need to re-stock some reloading components and I was curious what the sportman's warehouse offers especially in bulk for 223 bullets and 45 pistol bullets. I will be making the trip over to Bend next weekend and I want to know what to expect.

Thanks

edited to add that I live in Burns
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 7:22:49 AM EDT
[#1]
*Off topic*

If you're going to Bend you might check out the pro shop at Nosler.  They sell factory second bullets (blemishes) for fair prices.

-Scott
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 8:00:52 AM EDT
[#2]
It's been a long while since I've done much reloading. But in the day my two favorite sources were Midway and Bi-Mart.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 8:54:02 AM EDT
[#3]
The  one here in portland has 1 aisle of just lead bullet tips, not sure on the brass...
half an aisle of powders.
It should have what you want id think!

www.cheaperthandirt.com
Was on sale, .308 wolf ammo for 3.46 a box, when I pay 26.99 per box at the store. (different brand but still)
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 9:04:38 AM EDT
[#4]
The only bulk bullets I've seen at the one in Portland are lead. I haven't seen any cheap bulk packed jacketed. For 223 your best bet is patsreloading.com.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 9:35:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Sportsmans has a great selection of FMJ bullets as well as lead tip bullets, but I think Bi-Mart still has the better prices. I was just at the one here in Roseburg and they are running a sale on a lot of theier reloading stuff right now.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 12:02:13 PM EDT
[#6]
KK-

SW here in Bend has 45 cast in bulk most of it OR Trails stuff from Baker City.  All the jacketed stuff is in 100 ct boxes.   223 bullets are in 100 and 250 ct boxes.  As others have suggested, stop by Nosler (midday weekdays or Sat.) and take a look at their seconds.  They will not have any FMJ's except maybe some match stuff.

Good luck.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 12:27:37 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
*Off topic*

If you're going to Bend you might check out the pro shop at Nosler.  They sell factory second bullets (blemishes) for fair prices.

-Scott

They are closed on Saturdays.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 12:33:27 PM EDT
[#8]
I just called Nosler and they are going to start opening on Saturdays (regular hours) in a few more weeks. I suppose it won't hurt to check out SW and maybe stop by Bi-mart. I really need small pistol and small rifle primers, 40 cal pistol, 45 cal pistol, and 224 rifle bullets.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 11:56:36 AM EDT
[#9]
Jeff with NorWestern,

I got your e-mail just fine. But, your server won't accept my reply.

Yes, I am interested in what stock you have.

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 2:41:05 AM EDT
[#10]
Emailed ya again,might have typed my address in wrong.
Jeff
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top