Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/15/2006 4:04:24 PM EDT
I know it's not an AR, but The_Beer_Slayer's Kel-Tec 5.56 pistol blew up!

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=420968&page=4

Scrol down to his next post.  Says he was shooting WWB .223 and the thing KaBOOMed, sending the bolt carrier 20 feet behind him.

Shit, I was thinking about buying one too...

Update:  Pics on page 9 of original thread!  Damn...
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 4:20:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 4:26:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, it's always hard to tell with a new firearm design.

Also, you need to keep in mind that it could be ammo-related, and not caused by the firearm at all.  Ask me how I know...

I'm really curious to see what Kel-Tec comes back with.  If just one explodes, it might be a fluke.  If a bunch start exploding, then I'd be worried...
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 4:33:38 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Yeah, it's always hard to tell with a new firearm design.

Also, you need to keep in mind that it could be ammo-related, and not caused by the firearm at all.  Ask me how I know...

I'm really curious to see what Kel-Tec comes back with.  If just one explodes, it might be a fluke.  If a bunch start exploding, then I'd be worried...

This was my lame attempt to be clever in posting a link to the main thread since I was interested in buying one.  I, too, will wait to see what Kel-Tec says.  Another guy on the thread talked of a Colt blowing up shooting WWB.  I hope it's not a common problem since I bought a shitload of WWB in the Wal-Mart ammo buy.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 4:43:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Sorry, I wasn't knocking the thread.  It's always good to know about these things before you buy.

As for the WWB, hard to say.  On the other thread, someone posted a good idea of weighing the ammo, to see if you have any odd ones of the bunch.  I don't know how accurate that is, but if you're worried about it, it might be worth a shot.  Most commercial ammo is pretty reliable, though.

After looking at a pic of the Kel-Tec, it's something I might have been interested in, too.  I guess I'll have to wait and see what the outcome is.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 11:25:54 PM EDT
[#5]
wow thank god he dident get hurt.. thats just damn scary but i do remember hearing about this kind of thing happening before with WWB.

once i say its a fluke
twice i say its QC

i dont think i would buy WWB ever.. i would rather be putting wolf through an AR before WWB at this point...

i hope its proves the be the ammo.. that Kel-Tech looks cool as hell..

Jess
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 9:37:19 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I know it's not an AR, but The_Beer_Slayer's Kel-Tec 5.56 pistol blew up!

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=420968&page=4

Scrol down to his next post.  Says he was shooting WWB .223 and the thing KaBOOMed, sending the bolt carrier 20 feet behind him.

Shit, I was thinking about buying one too...

I told you at the Match.. I had an SU-16 and that thing Malfunctioned on the first shot and every shot after. I have absolutely not faith in their products after that. their pistols on the other hand seem ok but not their Rifles. and BTW. Carbon Fiber 15 is much stronger than Keltec Polymer.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 10:04:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 6:56:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Bump!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top