Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/8/2006 12:54:30 AM EDT
Just posting :)  I will be headed to the Portland Expo near the end of Jan hoping to get enough saved up for a new toy!  If not I'll have to just go peek for next time.  Anyone else going to any?

January 7 – 8, HILLSBORO
Washington Co. Fairgrounds
872 NE 28th Hwy 26W Exit #61
Sat. 9-5, Sun. 9-3, Admission $5

January 14 – 15, EUGENE
Lane Co. Fairgrounds
796 West 13th. I-5 Exit #194B

January 14 – 15, CENTRALIA, WA
SW Washington Fairgrounds
2555 N National Ave. I-5 Exit #79

January 21 – 22, GRANTS PASS
Josephine Co. Fairgrounds
1452 Fairgrounds Rd. I-5 Exit #58

-----This is the one to go to by far the largest-----
January 27 - 28 – 29, PORTLAND EXPO
OREGON'S LARGEST  3 DAY GUN & KNIFE SHOW
Expo Center. I-5 Exit #306B
Fri 12-7, Sat 9-6, Sun 9-4
Admission $8. 3 day pass $18, 2 day $12

February 4 – 5, SALEM
Oregon State Fairgrounds
2330 17th St NE. I-5 Exit # 256

February 11 – 12, CENTRALIA, WA
SW Washington Fairgrounds
2555 N National Ave. I-5 Exit #79

February 18 – 19, CANBY, OR
Clackamas County Fairgrounds
694 NE 4th Ave.  I-5 Exit #278
Sat. 9-5, Sun. 9-3 Admission $5

February 25 – 26, VANCOUVER, WA
Clark Co. Fairgrounds
694 NE 4th Ave. I-5 Exit 278
Sat. 9-5, Sun. 9-3 Admission $6
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 7:31:05 AM EDT
[#1]
I'll be going to the expo one at the end of the month. I need to pick up my Buckmark and 10/22 barrel from TROS.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 11:20:58 AM EDT
[#2]
me and the wife are going to wander over to the Hillsboro fair grounds in an hour or so... on the way back from home depot.

she just doesn't know it yet.  
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 1:44:00 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I'll be going to the expo one at the end of the month. I need to pick up my Buckmark and 10/22 barrel from TROS.

Does he usually have 10/22 barrels for sale at the show?  I'm hopefully going to be needing one...
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 6:29:00 PM EDT
[#4]
well my bet is most of the guys going to the shoot on the 21 will be at the expo show restocking i know i will be

i'll be there i didnt make it to the last one since my gun buddy is as flaky as a head of dandriff i know i could have
gone alone but thats boring.

Link Posted: 1/8/2006 7:13:11 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
well my bet is most of the guys going to the shoot on the 21 will be at the expo show restocking i know i will be

i'll be there i didnt make it to the last one since my gun buddy is as flaky as a head of dandriff i know i could have
gone alone but thats boring.

Yeah cause there aren't a couple dozen people here who go to those shows.  Probably there at the same time you would have been there...
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 7:30:12 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

For threading?  How much did they charge you for the 10/22 barrel?

Link Posted: 1/8/2006 8:03:22 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Does he usually have 10/22 barrels for sale at the show?  I'm hopefully going to be needing one...

He usually just does the threading. No stock barrels. I picked up my barrel and stock from Midway-USA month before last for $84 total.

Quoted:
For threading?  How much did they charge you for the 10/22 barrel?

To do the threading he was asking for $75-85 (I can't remember exactly).

He's also doing my Browning Buckmark barrel and relocating the front sight.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 8:18:58 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

To do the threading he was asking for $75-85 (I can't remember exactly).

He's also doing my Browning Buckmark barrel and relocating the front sight.

Sweet.  If we ever end up in the same place at the same time I'll trade you trigger time on
my 22/45 w/GT Outback II for time on your buckmark.  I had a hard time deciding between a buckmark and the 22/45.  What suppressor are you using for your buckmark, the revelation arms can?

Link Posted: 1/8/2006 9:54:37 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
What suppressor are you using for your buckmark, the revelation arms can?

Sure. I'll have the 10/22, Buckmark, and CZ Kadet ready to go. The can is the "Revelations Arms" can, which is actually made by Mike McDermitt of First Freedom Firearms. We did the group buy a while back. Overall, nice can. I'm sure there's quieter, but not that I could tell. The noise was more the action cycling than the round. And, you can take it apart for cleaning.

Once the paperwork comes back (figure mid-late Feb. hopefully) I'll be trying out different types of ammo.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 11:00:46 PM EDT
[#10]
I am going to the Eugene one.  
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 6:13:10 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sure. I'll have the 10/22, Buckmark, and CZ Kadet ready to go. The can is the "Revelations Arms" can, which is actually made by Mike McDermitt of First Freedom Firearms. We did the group buy a while back. Overall, nice can. I'm sure there's quieter, but not that I could tell. The noise was more the action cycling than the round. And, you can take it apart for cleaning.

Once the paperwork comes back (figure mid-late Feb. hopefully) I'll be trying out different types of ammo.

I should have the threaded barrel on my 10/22 by the next shoot.  I don't notice a significant
difference in any standard .22 round through my 22/45.  Since the barrel is short the rounds never go supersonic it should be able to shoot the cheaper stuff.  I bought a case of remington sub-sonic rounds for the 10/22 and I can't wait to try them out.  Unfortunately, Gemtech invalidates the warranty if you use Aguila SSS through their cans.  Apparently the bullets are too heavy to properly stabilize in shorter barrels.

Link Posted: 1/9/2006 8:18:17 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I should have the threaded barrel on my 10/22 by the next shoot.  I don't notice a significant
difference in any standard .22 round through my 22/45.  Since the barrel is short the rounds never go supersonic it should be able to shoot the cheaper stuff.  I bought a case of remington sub-sonic rounds for the 10/22 and I can't wait to try them out.  Unfortunately, Gemtech invalidates the warranty if you use Aguila SSS through their cans.  Apparently the bullets are too heavy to properly stabilize in shorter barrels.

Leaded unplated bullets = lead vaporization in the can. Not really harmful, but it will "lead" your can to be later cleaned.

The Aguila SSS 60 grain won't stabilize in most barrels. However, you can try the 38gr HP or 40gr solids.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top