Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/5/2006 3:32:34 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 4:09:27 PM EDT
[#1]
What we use at the famous LCR shoots up in WA for a firing line is a very large tarp with duct tape or ribbon secured a few feet back from the front of it. Used in this manner it makes cleanup of brass much easier. After the shoot and/or a couple times during you can roll up the tarp then just funnel the brass into buckets.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 4:32:55 PM EDT
[#2]
If the rock pile is still at Brown's (I'll check tomorrow if no one else is), I vote for Memaloose.

Although the last picture I saw had orange clays and such on the pile, it's rather rude to throw copper and lead into those nice rock piles. That, and there's not place to shoot over 10 yards except for the end.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 4:52:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Torn, but voted for Memaloose... Never been there, but I do know BC really well and know that even without the pile of rocks that space is limited and parking is a joke.  With the pile of rocks I can only imagine that it would be downright stupid;  "Please take a number/get in line to be able to shoot down the tunnel... What do you mean you want to set up a tripod?  Are you kidding?"

Rather than the one lane firing line, I'll risk taking more time to find a place I've never been as long as I know we'll have room to park near the line.  My $.02.  
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 4:55:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Can you guess which way I voted Peta??
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 5:01:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Grr... stupid repost... *grumble*
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 5:05:09 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm in the same boat.....B/C is a great spot, but it would be pointless to have it there with two big friggen piles of gravel in the way. While Memeloose is't 100% ideal, there is plenty of room.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 5:40:08 PM EDT
[#7]
I voted other.. NE Portland would be more fun.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 5:41:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Peta, it doesn't matter.

If the rocks are at Brown's after this weekend the shoot will be a Melamoose......that's it.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 5:45:11 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I voted other.. NE Portland would be more fun.

and more challenging...

Memaloose
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 5:50:57 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
and more challenging...

Hunting sheep is challenging?

Link Posted: 1/5/2006 7:30:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 7:35:29 PM EDT
[#12]
"I won't be able to go,but I like pie"

Mmmmm.... I like pie.  
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:19:55 PM EDT
[#13]
One other thing to think about would be snow. I think that where ever we have the shoot, we should have someone do a recon the two days or a day before to see what the conditions are like. Both places have the chance for snow and I don't know if that would matter to anybody. Memaloose pit is back off the main Hwy almost seven miles. This is a road that would suck to get stuck on.

That being said, I would like to try out Memaloose for a few reasons.
1. It's closer for me..... (who cares?)
2. We haven't had the exposure that weve had at Bown's Camp. Brown's Camp could use a break from us.
3. Less traffic, although I really don't care that anybody knows that we are shooting up there.

I would like further info on the concerns of the venders. I don't need to know which vender, but would like more of an explination of the concern.

BTW here's how to get there. Let me know if I goof. Only been there twice.

1. Go out Hwy 224 from I-205 towards Estacada.
2. Go past Estacada for about 9.3 miles.
3. There will be a bridge on the right hand side of the road. This is road you want to take.

4. Follow the road for about 3 miles where there is a 'Y'. Take the road to the Right.
5. Go another 3 miles where the road there is a road that goes to the right. Stay going straight, don't turn right.
6. Go for another .7 miles and you will be there.

It is pretty much the main road, with the exceptions that I mentioned.  

For those with GPS:
45' 08.080 N
122' 10.924W
3222 ft Ele.

Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:39:37 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
One other thing to think about would be snow. I think that where ever we have the shoot, we should have someone do a recon the two days or a day before to see what the conditions are like. Both places have the chance for snow and I don't know if that would matter to anybody. Memaloose pit is back off the main Hwy almost seven miles. This is a road that would suck to get stuck on.

That being said, I would like to try out Memaloose for a few reasons.
1. It's closer for me..... (who cares?)
2. We haven't had the exposure that weve had at Bown's Camp. Brown's Camp could use a break from us.
3. Less traffic, although I really don't care that anybody knows that we are shooting up there.

I would like further info on the concerns of the venders. I don't need to know which vender, but would like more of an explination of the concern.

BTW here's how to get there. Let me know if I goof. Only been there twice.

1. Go out Hwy 224 from I-205 towards Esticada.
2. Go past Esticada for about 9.3 miles.
3. There will be a bridge on the right hand side of the road. This is road you want to take.
img379.imageshack.us/img379/6228/memalooserd17kg.jpg

4. Follow the road for about 3 miles where there is a 'Y'. Take the road to the Right.
5. Go another 3 miles where the is a road that goes to the right. Stay going straight, don't turn right.
6. Go for another .7 miles and you will be there.

It is pretty much the main road, with the exceptions that I mentioned.  

For those with GPS:
45' 08.080 N
122' 10.924W
3222 ft Ele.

Estacada. Just past Promitory Park.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:55:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 3:03:11 AM EDT
[#16]
You know I never knew it was called memaloose road gravel quary I always called it "the gravel pit"
There is also about 5 good shooting places along the way up to the gravel pit.  (gravel quary if you wanna get technical)
One even has an area someone set up a 400 yard target.  (tramped the bush and all that for clean shots)

They will eventually be closing that area to shooting most likely though :(, 3 of the other places near there that me and my family have shot at the past 10 years have closed the past couple of years.  (closed as in 10+ white and red NO SHOOTING signs, although within a week all but about 4 signs were shot down, yay thanks whoever does that shit thatll make it better!)

Its because whoevers shooting is leaving a mass of shell casings (not the brass, the plastic) and garbage =/  Atleast thats what the ranger told us.  Shit one time me and my dad went up to go target shooting and there was a 30x30 rubber/whateverelse garbage pile burning.  They had hot shots out there and some other fire rescue putting it out.  Someone just didnt want to pay the few hundred to dispose of their crap proporly =/

Actually saw a group of you guys once up there when I was shooting once but hadnt known it until 2 weeks later when I found this forum.  :P  We were wondering why 3 guys who didnt look like they had any business together were sitting out shooting with some ARs on a table.

Ahh enough rambling!
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:46:14 AM EDT
[#17]
AR on a table. That must of been No Aim and myself. I believe Unka Boo was there as well.

Link Posted: 1/6/2006 8:23:06 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 8:33:48 AM EDT
[#19]
We need to see how things from Brown's camp look tomorrow.

Some one please go up today or tomorrow.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 10:34:19 AM EDT
[#20]
Memaloose if the piles at Brown's are still there...change isn't always bad.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 12:59:05 PM EDT
[#21]
Recon mission complete sir.

Brown's Camp still has rock piles.

Link Posted: 1/6/2006 1:01:47 PM EDT
[#22]
It is smaller though..........they must be working on it!
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 1:47:54 PM EDT
[#23]
Looks to me like we had better plan for Memaloose.

Nick
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 2:19:24 PM EDT
[#24]
I hope it wasn't one of us left that F-ing car door there....
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 2:34:45 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 3:11:35 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
I hope it wasn't one of us left that F-ing car door there....

It was there in the last pictures, but way back at the rear rock wall.

Notice the clays and crap that have been placed on the piles?
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:29:15 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 8:03:55 PM EDT
[#28]
That car door was there on Tuesday but it was way at the back of the quarry. If the piles are there it would really suck to shoot there. It already kinda sucked with just 3 of us there on Tuesday.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 8:14:40 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
The vote has been tallied up, there will be 5 of us who cannot go but will try to get pie

MEMALOOSE HERE WE COME!

I almost got lost goin to Brown's, so this time, would be nice if I could follow someone up??

It's pretty easy to get there, although you're not as familiar with the area.

In short:

Take 224 East past Estacada. About 9.3 miles, just past Promitory Park, take the single lane bridge over the river. Stay on the paved road and keep driving up the hill. About another ~10 miles or so and it's right on the side (can't miss it).

BUT, if you'd like to follow someone up, maybe someone could volunteer to meet you somewheres?
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 8:40:57 PM EDT
[#30]
There's allways Boots and Spurs for breakfast.......(hint, hint )
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 9:00:44 PM EDT
[#31]
I demand a Recount!.. Gotta give them til next weekend.. it may be open!.. Have Faith!.. I want longer range shooting!... it's more fun!.. eh.. whatever.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 9:02:19 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

GOOD IDEA! I'll meet you there.

Oh, and everytime I see "Boots 'n Spurs" I think of the "There's Something About Mary"'s "Fanks 'n Beans"!
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 5:17:33 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

this like a strip club?
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 5:58:52 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

this like a strip club?

Yes.

STRIPS OF YUMMY PORK BABAY! Mmmmmm....Bacon.....*gurgle*
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 1:44:09 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 1:52:57 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
BTT

BUMP VIOLATION
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 2:06:15 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 10:52:47 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
If there is snow, I'll have to make sure to bring up some water jugs w/food coloring in them.

Snow=snow men + color = extra targets

We're you online last year when Ed Jr showed video stream of he and his kids shooting up a Snowman?  It was boss.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 1:39:52 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:
If there is snow, I'll have to make sure to bring up some water jugs w/food coloring in them.

Snow=snow men + color = extra targets

We're you online last year when Ed Jr showed video stream of he and his kids shooting up a Snowman?  It was boss.

You shot Bruce Springstein?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top