Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/5/2006 12:05:27 PM EDT
Listening to the radio this morning I was scanning the Portland channels and came across 95.5. There was someone sobbing on there talking about how he neglected to spend much time with his family over the holidays and such. This DJ (PK or RK or something) then stated that his 19 year old sister's boyfriend has a concealed permit and has a gun and it fell and she's dead.

Now, it sucks that his sister is dead. What I have a problem with is the fact that the whole story can't have been told. "The gun fell and she's dead" doesn't answer many questions. There has to be more to it. Did the gun actually "go off" like people say or did someone neglegently shoot her? Did she shoot herself? Did her boyfriend?

He went on to say he's not mad at the boyfriend and isn't against guns. Still though, should they even play that sound byte on the air without more info? Anyone have any links to the story? I think it happend on Jan 1st or 2nd but I didn't catch where or her name or anything.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 12:28:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Who here has seen a pistol dropped and go off?

Yeah...right. More to the story than "it fell and went off". Maybe older rifles, but what carryable handgun doesn't come with a firing pin block or a hammer safety?
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 12:37:09 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Yeah...right. More to the story than "it fell and went off". Maybe older rifles, but what carryable handgun doesn't come with a firing pin block or a hammer safety?

Exactly. What really happened? But more importantly, why is the radio station playing this? I mean, why include bits of hearsay if not all of the facts? It's quite understandable how he feels and that he needs to let his listeners know why he's not in but couldn't he just leave it at a family tragedy and not put in the seemingly anti-gun rhetoric? Does someone at this radio station have an agenda? Perhaps not, but I think this could definitely be handled more appropriately.

I don't know. I didn't catch the whole thing. Perhaps I missed something.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 12:55:38 PM EDT
[#3]
JAFO, great minds must think alike because I was going to post this EXACT topic today.....

It's been pissing me off too....what sense 1950, guns have hammer safties???  He says he dropped the gun and it went off........well then someone LIED to him.  
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 2:45:20 PM EDT
[#4]
I tried to find more info but all I found was a clip of PK talking about what happened listen to find out.

www.radioplayhouse.com/images/PK_sister.mp3
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 4:30:22 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Uhhh I have....  Medford Armory gunshow  I'm going to say hmmm...  Maybe 25 years ago....  yea I'm an old fart....  It was not people from the show though, it was a national guard guy showin off is nifty Colt to his buddies.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 4:32:27 PM EDT
[#6]
dumb guy dumb guy dumb guy dumb guy dumb guy dumb guy dumb guy dumb guy dumb guy dumb guy dumb guy dumb guy dumb guy dumb guy dumb guy dumb guy dumb guy dumb guy dumb guy dumb guy dumb guy dumb guy dumb guy dumb guy dumb guy dumb guy dumb guy dumb guy dumb guy dumb guy dumb guy dumb guy dumb guy dumb guy dumb guy dumb guy dumb guy dumb guy dumb guy dumb guy dumb guy dumb guy dumb guy dumb guy dumb guy dumb guy dumb guy dumb guy dumb guy dumb guy dumb guy dumb guy dumb guy dumb guy dumb guy dumb guy
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 2:54:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Of course the girl Egypt or whatever who also  works with the DJ PK once said...

One night I was driving and this cop pulled me over and it was so stupid I didnt deserve the ticket.  After about 5 minutes of questioning she then informs them she couldnt find the street she wanted so she cut through a park and a baseball field and some other stuff to get to the street she wanted, then proceeded to call the police stupid and say they cant do their jobs right.

Thats their mentality, I wouldnt doubt knowing how annoying the DJ is the BF shot her to shut her up.  

I dunno, I am still a fan of following gun safety, heck if you do its literally impossible to hurt yourself.  "Gun fall" = Dumb in the first place.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:00:19 AM EDT
[#8]
ok...  why were you listening to 95.5?
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 10:50:01 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I am new here. Either the stations have changed since 1999 when I lived here before or I just forget what is what. I will be in <seek> mode for a bit. Besides, the rock channel a few digits before 95.5 has a couple flaming leftist libtards.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 3:33:50 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I am new here. Either the stations have changed since 1999 when I lived here before or I just forget what is what. I will be in <seek> mode for a bit. Besides, the rock channel a few digits before 95.5 has a couple flaming leftist libtards.

Sounds like Mark and Brian.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:08:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Of course the girl Egypt or whatever who also  works with the DJ PK once said...

One night I was driving and this cop pulled me over and it was so stupid I didnt deserve the ticket.  After about 5 minutes of questioning she then informs them she couldnt find the street she wanted so she cut through a park and a baseball field and some other stuff to get to the street she wanted, then proceeded to call the police stupid and say they cant do their jobs right.

quote]

Thats rich considering her older brother is a cop.  I've known her since she was a kid and she is as you can imagine dumber than a box of rocks.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 8:17:05 PM EDT
[#12]
OK....I hate to be the person to ask this but are there any links to news stories?  If this is true I feel bad for their families and friends but I have NO respect for any of the clowns on that morning show and I don't believe a word that comes out of their mouths.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top