Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/2/2006 10:22:48 AM EDT
To the guys who use an LLC in OR for NFA stuff,  what records do you keep?  I've been keeping a ledger/record of financial transactions, and a 'diary' for lack of a better term.

Anything I'm missing?
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 1:11:55 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
To the guys who use an LLC in OR for NFA stuff,  what records do you keep?  I've been keeping a ledger/record of financial transactions, and a 'diary' for lack of a better term.

Anything I'm missing?

How hard was it to setup?
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 1:18:50 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Anything I'm missing?

How hard was it to setup?

Google it , Dude.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 2:04:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Well crap maby I should be clearer.. Im currently running a partnership business (16 years now) I have a Federal EID #. How much more paperwork needs to be done/kept as a LLC? As opposed as a standard Partnership?
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 2:08:32 PM EDT
[#4]
I'd like to hear some input on this also. I'm thinking of going Corp. but don't know if I should get it set-up in WA before I take up residency here or just start it here. I have heard it was more difficult here but wondering if it might be smoother to start there then just transfer here.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 2:30:59 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Well crap maby I should be clearer.. Im currently running a partnership business (16 years now) I have a Federal EID #. How much more paperwork needs to be done/kept as a LLC? As opposed as a standard Partnership?

Why not go LLP?  Don't know about LLP and NFA, however...
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 2:37:47 PM EDT
[#6]
I set up an LLC in Oregon.  It costs $50/year and it's a one page application.  Pretty easy- I'm not sure where I got the application, but when I get home tonight I'll see if I bookmarked the link (I think I did).

Anyways, the original question is what records are necessary?  I keep a 'diary' and a sort of ledger.  Is that enough?  Mine is a single person LLC and I have had NFA items approved without the EIN (which I believe would just be my SSN since it's a single person LLC).

In the future, I can put my wife on the LLC and she could have access to the goodies.....although I don't know what she would be doing going out shooting without me
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 9:48:29 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I set up an LLC in Oregon.  It costs $50/year and it's a one page application.  Pretty easy- I'm not sure where I got the application, but when I get home tonight I'll see if I bookmarked the link (I think I did).

Anyways, the original question is what records are necessary?  I keep a 'diary' and a sort of ledger.  Is that enough?  Mine is a single person LLC and I have had NFA items approved without the EIN (which I believe would just be my SSN since it's a single person LLC).

In the future, I can put my wife on the LLC and she could have access to the goodies.....although I don't know what she would be doing going out shooting without me

to my understanding it sounds like you simply registered your LLC with the state, which yes gives you an LLC but techinically it's not a true LLC.  I could be wrong but just going from your post here.  if you go to the Oregon Secretary of State website all of the forms are on there for registering your business name, but that doesn't actually make it exist.  

Link Posted: 1/4/2006 6:50:31 AM EDT
[#8]
After I sent my money and form in, the state sent me back a letter of acknowledgment and 'Artiles of Organization- LLC'.  

Apparently in the eyes of the ATF, that was sufficient enough for them.

Every year I have to file an annual report with the state, which I do.

What else is there that you KNOW about (not speculate), or am I the only guy in OR that is using an LLC to do NFA stuff?
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 7:46:34 PM EDT
[#9]
134 Views and almost zero useable info??  Somebody's gotta know something!!
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 10:12:18 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
134 Views and almost zero useable info??  Somebody's gotta know something!!

maybe that'd be because from your last post you know everything.  just a thought.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top