Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/28/2005 9:11:37 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 9:21:49 PM EDT
[#1]
I would grab whatever gun was close and accessable.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 9:24:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 9:49:14 PM EDT
[#3]
AK for the win!

I'd look at my AR but I know the AK is going to fire every time.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 9:53:43 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
AK for the win!

Something wrong with your AR?

And I have a shotgun and Dragon's Breath.  That oughta make them leave post haste.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 9:56:28 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
AK for the win!

Something wrong with your AR?

Well since she is now broken in. it shoots fine, but still get a FTF from time to time, The Saiga on the other hand has near 3k rounds through it and being 100% honest it has never had a FTF or any other problems.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 10:09:25 PM EDT
[#6]
How about a few surprises thrown in:

1. The young woman who lives down the road knocks on your door, holding a baby in her arms. She says her car broke down, can she use the phone?  As your guard goes down she drops the doll she had wrapped up in the blanket and the last thing you see is a shiny Jennings automatic as it goes off in your face.  Then her boyfriend comes out from behind the bushes and grabs your credit cards and car keys. Merry Christmas.

2.  You are just getting home from work and it's dark. You stopped off to buy groceries so you are carrying a couple of bags, fumbling with your house keys, and just as you open the front door  you hear footsteps behind you. You turn just in time to see the crowbar coming down on your forehead. No Monday night football for you.

3.  It's 2am and you hear crashing glass. You flick the light switch but the power is out. You pick up the phone but it's dead. Somebody must have cut the line and shut off the power. You hear footsteps coming down the hall and now your bedroom doorknob is turning. Your gun is loaded, a round is chambered, and you have a blinding surefire light with new batteries ready on it, but it's locked in the safe in the family room. Heart attack time.

4.  You paid your fee, you said the pledge of allegiance, you went through the walkthrough, and you signed up at the stage. Now you start organizing your gear and loading up your magazines for stage one. You think you have a good chance to place in the top ten today.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 10:17:47 PM EDT
[#7]
The loaded shotgun. No need for a mag. Pump the action once, fire.

Or, just in case, grab the USP. Point, pull trigger (DA).

Or, with the other shotgun, pull the bolt, point, shoot.

Or, with the P2000SK, Point, pull the trigger (DA).

Or, ....well, you get the idea.

But, realistically, whatever is at hand to fight my way to a "proper" weapon.

Now, do keep in mind I live alone and have few visitors (I think one in the past 5 months). So for all of you about to whine about my safeties not being on:

Link Posted: 12/28/2005 10:21:29 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

1. The young woman who lives down the road knocks on your door, holding a baby in her arms. She says her car broke down, can she use the phone?  As your guard goes down she drops the doll she had wrapped up in the blanket and the last thing you see is a shiny Jennings automatic as it goes off in your face.  Then her boyfriend comes out from behind the bushes and grabs your credit cards and car keys. Merry Christmas.

Easy. I never answer the door anyway.

2.  You are just getting home from work and it's dark. You stopped off to buy groceries so you are carrying a couple of bags, fumbling with your house keys, and just as you open the front door  you hear footsteps behind you. You turn just in time to see the crowbar coming down on your forehead. No Monday night football for you.

As soon as you hear footsteps you sidestep anyway. Never pause and turn around.

3.  It's 2am and you hear crashing glass. You flick the light switch but the power is out. You pick up the phone but it's dead. Somebody must have cut the line and shut off the power. You hear footsteps coming down the hall and now your bedroom doorknob is turning. Your gun is loaded, a round is chambered, and you have a blinding surefire light with new batteries ready on it, but it's locked in the safe in the family room. Heart attack time.

One word: Nightstand. Problem solved. Oh and never turn on the lights. Sit there cocked and ready to fire with the gun pointed at the door. It's just your stuff. You're protecting your life.

4.  You paid your fee, you said the pledge of allegiance, you went through the walkthrough, and you signed up at the stage. Now you start organizing your gear and loading up your magazines for stage one. You think you have a good chance to place in the top ten today.

Easy answer. Trick question. I have no good chance to place in the top ten!

EDIT: And yes, I'm playing "Internet Expert" here too. I kinda sound like a big asshole tonight. Need to go visit the Acrop or something this weekend.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 10:29:38 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
If some of the meth zombies knocked at your door? (if they got past the dog and thru the DMZ)
Would you have the piece of mind to grab a certain mag (special ammo) and a light?
Just curious as to just how prepared we all are?

BTW, I noticed you didn't answer your own question.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 7:29:04 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 7:56:22 AM EDT
[#11]
If they got past the dog's then I would become the unstopable methhead and would tear out there eyes with my bare hands, bite there ears off, and then drag then out to the street and curb stomp their asses.  
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 8:01:32 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 9:01:53 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

To make matters worse...you have two children sleeping in rooms up/down the hall. NOW what are you going to do? (I live this one)
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 11:58:35 AM EDT
[#14]
I have enough firepower in the bedroom to take care of any concievable situation, and my dog would give me plenty of warning, if he didn't just drive them off completely.

Nick
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 12:56:30 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
If some of the meth zombies knocked at your door? (if they got past the dog and thru the DMZ)

Baseball bat?
9 Iron?
Skillet?
Knife?
AK?
AR?
Pistol of some sorts?
Shotty?

Would you have the piece of mind to grab a certain mag (special ammo) and a light?

I'd sneek up behind them like a ninja and use my GI Joe Kung Foo Grip on them
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 1:00:19 PM EDT
[#16]
I would try to talk to them. Perhaps they are just misguided and could use some positive reinforcement. I *am* part of the society who has turned a blind eye on them and let them go astray.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 1:02:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 1:06:34 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I would try to talk to them. Perhaps they are just misguided and could use some positive reinforcement. I *am* part of the society who has turned a blind eye on them and let them go astray.

"Civilized societies don't solve their differences with violence."

I've heard that one before. Specifically out of the woman with the "gun dealers are worse than drug dealers" catch phrase.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 12:38:11 AM EDT
[#19]
humm my shotty is right next to my bed with #4 buck in it.. but i think i would probably grab my sword's.. *IE one Macetie type one the other a Ninja to*  or one sword with a surefire in the other hand.. *if the surefire dident disapper the day after the match DOH!!! Yes i took it home* the sight of me naked out of bed, pissed off with a sword in my hand is enough to make anyone one go blind and run screaming... *at least after i took a peice of them off with the sword*....

Link Posted: 12/30/2005 2:48:02 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Baseball bat?
9 Iron?
Skillet?
Knife?
AK?
AR?
Pistol of some sorts?
Shotty?

Got it all Covered..!!

table defense

Link Posted: 12/30/2005 8:38:57 AM EDT
[#21]
Top Top