Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 12/19/2005 6:50:10 PM EDT
OK folks.. Once again i have made another purchase and to some it may disappoint but to others they may be happy for me. I have read all the good and the bad and frankly More good than bad. I actually talked to the Tech guy at BushMaster about this rifle and he assures that these new Bushy models do not have the same problems as the old "Pro-Ord" ones did because they did not use Milspec dimensions.

I hope everything goes smoothely on Friday and if so this will be my Favorite of all guns i've owned. By the way the Muzzle break/climb comp is a snappy quick detach ring system. Grab Ring and Pull.. Wallah it's off. YOu can also buy Quick Detach Threaded so that i can attach to any Comp/surpressor and use the quick detach feature on them.. awesome i say!.

carbon 15 type 97S.  Carbon fiber upper and lower and buttstock and handguard.. hell everything but the barrel and the rail and bolt is carbon. this one weighs 4LBS. it's freaking light!

And WS4lif, it may not be a regular AR but it is mine.. I pick it up tomorrow and testing her out this friday.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 7:18:37 PM EDT
[#1]
OMG someone comment.. good or bad.. i want to see what the general concensus is..
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 7:23:57 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
OMG someone comment.. good or bad.. i want to see what the general concensus is..

OK it's another GHEY gun. Dude step up and get real Bushmaster, or even better, a Colt.

Link Posted: 12/19/2005 7:25:34 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

OK it's another GHEY gun. Dude step up and get real Bushmaster, or even better, a Colt.

You are full of hate aren't you?
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 7:26:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Looks cool.  How's that for a comment? :)
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 7:26:48 PM EDT
[#5]
I don't have any firsthand experience with the Bushmaster Carbon rifles or the original Carbon-15 units.  I've heard that they tend to have issues with cracking, but I've HEARD a lot of things over the years.   I do know that Bushmaster claims to have made vast improvements to the design.

I'd love to give one a try at the range and I look forward to hearing your review(s) of it.  
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 7:37:08 PM EDT
[#6]
I've got 6+ years of design experience with CCM, and I almost bought one just for that reason.  The only reason I didn't drop the cash was the buttstock design...uncomfortable and strange to me.

Let us know how it shoots!
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 7:41:04 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You are full of hate aren't you?

I don't hate the Player I HATE the game.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 7:42:17 PM EDT
[#8]
I've been considering one myself for a super-light SBR. According to the Bushmaster catalog, you can get different stocks for it.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 7:48:09 PM EDT
[#9]
DUDE, will ya just buy a friggin' AR allready???

.........well, it's closer than the last one at least.......
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 8:03:40 PM EDT
[#10]
I will definitely have a full review come friday night.. With good and bad whatever happens. Will need to site it in and also will have to prolly take it to Memaloose if i don't go to TCGC to test.. hehe see if it bumpfires.. really i have to do some steady shooting for first 30 rounds.. then after that.. it's party time! provided that nothing breaks.. Eh!.. it's my Bonus check paying for it.. not my earned cash.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 8:05:42 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
DUDE, will ya just buy a friggin' AR allready???

.........well, it's closer than the last one at least.......

Oh and Unka Boo it's lighter than that Beretta Storm i had.. by like a good 2 lbs.. it's insane i tell you!
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 8:21:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 8:25:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 8:26:22 PM EDT
[#14]
it is cute.  

don't hit anyone with it.

Link Posted: 12/19/2005 8:35:13 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm digging up an NOS sticker for the buttstock.....
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 8:36:39 PM EDT
[#16]
UGH, BUY a normal AR! One which is compatable with EVERY part in the world.  Why do you make life hard on your self?  Buying guns which are so propriatory?  When is Bushmaster going to drop this line?  Then your SOL.  

So why doesn't the Army use this rifle if it's so space age advanced?  Oh yea, none of it's mil-spec and it's not very tough.

But I am happy you got an AR, it's at least a first step.  You will quickly fall in love and then buy a normal upper, then a normal lower and slowly piece out the plastic beast.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 8:37:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Oh, and I can't wait to shoot it!
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 8:44:10 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
it is cute.  

don't hit anyone with it.

+1
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 8:49:52 PM EDT
[#19]

Long ago I ruined WS4lif's day when I showed up at the range with a lightweight Colt that almost brought him to tears. Let me know if I can do the same for you

Hey, maybe that's why he got AR fever so bad. It's all my fault because of that day.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 8:55:59 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I'm digging up an NOS sticker for the buttstock.....

LOL nice.. I'd put it on the stock.. that's Right.. Carbon fiber!.. SPORTY! FUN and COOOL!...

ALUMINUM Is good for Recycling!

now that i said.. that .. Please don't break, Carbon 15!!!
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 8:58:51 PM EDT
[#21]
I've known two people that used to own the Pro-Ord models.  One had to be sent back to the factory a total of 8 TIMES, I believe.  I've also heard that the original Pro-Ord models had a problem with bolts shattering.  Needless to say, they've since been traded off.

Now so far, I haven't heard anything bad about the Bushmaster version.  In fact, I heard they've managed to fix all the problems that used to be common with the older models.

I've shot one, and it is very light.  The only real problem with it being so light is that I noticed a lot more muzzle flip than a standard AR15.  Not really any recoil, just muzzle flip.

Another interesting point is the muzzle brake they put on these things.  It's like a flamethrower at night, shooting quite a bit of flame directly up into your line of sight.  I would personally recommend using the threaded adapter, and put a real flash hider on it instead.

I would also warn against using the threaded adapter for mounting a suppressor.  I've heard that the quick release mounting system isn't exactly the most stable, and can lead to baffle strikes.

Please keep in mind that I am not an expert at anything, and so you should rely on your own research, instead of my opinion.  YMMV, IANAL, ETC...

Nice rifle, by the way!

Link Posted: 12/19/2005 9:02:33 PM EDT
[#22]
By the way, you need to stock up on Thermolds for that thing.

They make the rifle look 20% cooler!
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 9:08:26 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
By the way, you need to stock up on Thermolds for that thing.

They make the rifle look 20% cooler!

shopping for mags right now.. and I haven't heard complaints about the Bushmaster version. All issues i heard were from Pro-Ord and that is why they are out of business.. They didn't know what they were doing..

Thanks for the insight on what you know thus far.. I will take the next step and let my friend fire the first shot.. incase it blows up in his face instead of mine.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 9:21:49 PM EDT
[#24]

incase it blows up in his face instead of mine.

Ha, NICE
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 9:27:02 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

incase it blows up in his face instead of mine.

Ha, NICE

Wanna go shooting?
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 9:27:53 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
I've known two people that used to own the Pro-Ord models.  One had to be sent back to the factory a total of 8 TIMES, I believe.  I've also heard that the original Pro-Ord models had a problem with bolts shattering.  Needless to say, they've since been traded off.

Now so far, I haven't heard anything bad about the Bushmaster version.  In fact, I heard they've managed to fix all the problems that used to be common with the older models.

I've shot one, and it is very light.  The only real problem with it being so light is that I noticed a lot more muzzle flip than a standard AR15.  Not really any recoil, just muzzle flip.

Another interesting point is the muzzle brake they put on these things.  It's like a flamethrower at night, shooting quite a bit of flame directly up into your line of sight.  I would personally recommend using the threaded adapter, and put a real flash hider on it instead.

I would also warn against using the threaded adapter for mounting a suppressor.  I've heard that the quick release mounting system isn't exactly the most stable, and can lead to baffle strikes.

Please keep in mind that I am not an expert at anything, and so you should rely on your own research, instead of my opinion.  YMMV, IANAL, ETC...

Nice rifle, by the way!

If it's muzzle flip, you need to put your shoulder higher on the buttstock. Remember that the AR has the entire bolt/buffer/gas system inline with the barrel. The only reason it flips some is position on the buttstock and the hand grip areas are about 1-2" below the barrel.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 9:29:28 PM EDT
[#27]
I'll tie some string to the trigger and try it from a distance.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 9:31:51 PM EDT
[#28]
Hey, there's something to be said for being unique.  Having something no one else has is cool all in itself.

So I ain't gonna bash the Carbon 15.  Hell I even kicked around the idea of buying a Pro-Ord one about five years ago when I saw one.  Pretty glad I didn't.

I'll say It's a pretty cool gun.  As long as you let me shoot it!

ETA:  I'm willing to bet that the light weight makes it VERY bump-fire friendly.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 9:32:47 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Just don't make yourself an illegal machine gun......
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 9:44:22 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 9:44:37 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just don't make yourself an illegal machine gun......

Well you never know.. I've heard he does have that Wrist action going on.. ppapapaapapapappPOW! pulling a string... what?.. you guys are sick!
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 10:11:27 PM EDT
[#32]
I'd suggest parts but I keep forgetting it's not a real boy, I mean AR.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 10:23:14 PM EDT
[#33]
Congrats on the new rifle. Range report when you get a chance.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 10:23:58 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Ok ok ok ok OK.  

I'll shoot it if ya let me.

I guess kudos to you for being different, at least you didn't buy the bushmaster LADY model

I was waiting for someone to say that.. and there it is...
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 10:36:53 PM EDT
[#35]
I have a Bushy Lady....wait...that doesn't sound right.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 10:40:17 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
I have a Bushy Lady....wait...that doesn't sound right.

wait til the woman reads THAT!.. YOU DEAD MAH FRIEND.. you might as well fire the first shot from my rifle!
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 10:41:36 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Congrats on the new rifle. Range report when you get a chance.

Will do.. and i hope it will be all A's in all categories
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 1:17:13 AM EDT
[#38]
Hey That looks like the one i fondled at Sportsmans Wherehouse on 82nd....  and agreed it is Fin LIGHT i was shocked when i picked it up...

Gunkuda Me and NoAim are meeting up at TCGC fiday to sight in my AK..  ya down?

Jess
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 6:01:16 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Hey That looks like the one i fondled at Sportsmans Wherehouse on 82nd....  and agreed it is Fin LIGHT i was shocked when i picked it up...

Gunkuda Me and NoAim are meeting up at TCGC fiday to sight in my AK..  ya down?

Jess

It's the SAME ONE!.. you fondled my rifle?.. i think i'm gonna return it!.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 6:07:49 AM EDT
[#40]
I will offer only this. There is a one of those in Hood River that I have sold 4 times. I have made more money on that gun then most as each new owner buys it, shoots it, doesnt like it and brings it back. The guy who has it now will likely do the same.
CH
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 6:17:01 AM EDT
[#41]
bah!. As i have stated. I'm paying only $200 out of pocket.. rest is my Bonus that i get for showing up for work.. not my paycheck. It won't be that big of a lost. But i will not sell the rifle short just because someone had issues with theirs.. Remember this is not Their rifle. This one is Mine. Brand new and no previous owner except the place i bought it from and they only sell new. No trade in crap. So it shoots and functions like it should i will expect PR to be more fun for me because of the Weight and compactness. I hear you Cape.. I read alot about this baby before buying one. We will see if Tech at Bushmaster was right or not. He said they put 100k rounds through theirs and it still works fine.

Note that you did not say there was a problem but they just didn't like it. they were prolly girlymen.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 7:06:29 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
Note that you did not say there was a problem but they just didn't like it. they were prolly weren't girlymen.

Fixed it for ya.  

That said, I wouldn't mind taking a gander at it during the next PR match.  I promise not to bring that damned mini-y.  

Link Posted: 12/20/2005 7:18:09 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
I will offer only this. There is a one of those in Hood River that I have sold 4 times. I have made more money on that gun then most as each new owner buys it, shoots it, doesnt like it and brings it back. The guy who has it now will likely do the same.
CH

Sounds like the gift that keeps on giving!
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 7:18:55 AM EDT
[#44]

Remember this is not Their rifle. This one is Mine.

-Gomer Pile
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 7:31:37 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 7:42:14 AM EDT
[#46]
Which one is Gunkata?
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 7:47:42 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 7:59:19 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 8:20:38 AM EDT
[#49]
I noticed that the only people that are giving me a hard time with the rifle is the Three Stooges. la la.. lala la lala.. lallalalalalala lala la la..  Like what if it works Flawlessly.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 8:35:27 AM EDT
[#50]
Real Rifle:

Not so much:

Gunka - let's take your new baby out for a spin at TCGC on Thursday afternoon.  IM / Email me.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top