Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/1/2005 7:47:35 PM EDT
Finally took delivery of my Triple X suppressor.   Put paper in the end of April, just got it today 1 Oct.    For those of you putting in paper on the Tac16's good luck, hope yours go faster!
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 7:58:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Cool!
Let us know how it goes.
CH
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 8:21:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 1:49:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Cool!!!

But 5-6 MONTHS?????????????

Damn, Maybe I'll see my tac16 by april of next year
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 2:35:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Is that a P22?
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 7:14:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Looks like a P22 from the slide mounted safety.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 9:55:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Nice. I am jealous...just wish I could afford one.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 2:05:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Those look like a lot of fun.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 6:13:29 PM EDT
[#8]
I would say you have good taste in firearms. Now just do a SBR and be done.

Dont mind the dirty floors I was building a fire and got wood chip everyware.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 3:39:02 PM EDT
[#9]
As far as the SBR route
I have a bush hampster dissy barrel that I'm going to cut down to 11.5 just for this   I also have a virgin lower that will get to be a pistol for the time the paper is pending so I can run it until the form 1 is approved.    Gotta mill off the lower part of a carbine buffer tube so there's no confusion or legal issues.  

I shot it this weekend, I dont care what you read the triple X is impressive.

It sounded like shooting a 10/22 unsupressed.    I even unscrewed the can and shot one without it.   Holy crap, huge difference.    Definitely louder to the shooter than the bystander, ejection port is more noise than anything else.    I would love to try this on a bolt gun or single shot.    

I plan to buy an adjustable gas tube so I can shut off gas flow and fire it as a straight pull bolt.    Should be alot quieter.

Right now it's on a midlength though and I havent seen any adjustable tubes for middy's yet.  

I've been considering selling off the P22.   It's uber cool suppressed and 100% reliable with the can but I just cant hit anything with it.    The Ruger 22/45 is a much more accurate platform.    Personally I cant see shooting a .22lr without the suppressor anymore.  Once you get one you'll see what I mean.   It's hard to remember it's still just as powerful and not a bb gun or stapler just because it sounds like one.  
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 4:22:43 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
As far as the SBR route

I've also got an SBR in the works. Just need to get off my ass and start the paperwork.

I've been considering selling off the P22.   It's uber cool suppressed and 100% reliable with the can but I just cant hit anything with it.    The Ruger 22/45 is a much more accurate platform.    Personally I cant see shooting a .22lr without the suppressor anymore.  Once you get one you'll see what I mean.   It's hard to remember it's still just as powerful and not a bb gun or stapler just because it sounds like one.  

Well, I seem to have lost the ability to shoot a pistol, period. I unloaded 4 13 round mags into a 25 yard 8.5x11" target. I hit it 4 times. Needless to say, I need to figure out what's going on before the PR this Sat.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 4:31:18 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
As far as the SBR route

I've also got an SBR in the works. Just need to get off my ass and start the paperwork.

Well, I seem to have lost the ability to shoot a pistol, period. I unloaded 4 13 round mags into a 25 yard 8.5x11" target. I hit it 4 times. Needless to say, I need to figure out what's going on before the PR this Sat.

What were you shooting?
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 6:06:45 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
What were you shooting?

A piece of paper, duh.

Actually my USP .40 Full Size. I've never shot that bad. I can't tell if it's the ammo (reloads), the gun, or just me. I'll be out at TCGC on Thursday plunking away with a crapload of ammo and a freshly cleaned pistol. I know I can't shoot the lighter weight bullets for crap (155 gr vs. 180 gr). But then I'm not exactly the greatest pistol shooter.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 7:29:35 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
What were you shooting?

A piece of paper, duh.

Actually my USP .40 Full Size. I've never shot that bad. I can't tell if it's the ammo (reloads), the gun, or just me. I'll be out at TCGC on Thursday plunking away with a crapload of ammo and a freshly cleaned pistol. I know I can't shoot the lighter weight bullets for crap (155 gr vs. 180 gr). But then I'm not exactly the greatest pistol shooter.

USP, there's the trouble.... no 1911s???  
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 8:06:05 PM EDT
[#14]
No, sorry. Hell I only own two pistols. I'm more a rifle guy.

My pistol (DuraCoat rocks!):

Link Posted: 10/4/2005 8:10:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Ahh you're the guy from the pink pistols.......

Ditch the Euro plastic for some good ol steel, dont worry I'll let you try mine

The pistol that is, other stuff is of limits pinky
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 9:58:16 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Agreed!

He needs one of these....
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 10:01:41 PM EDT
[#17]
You gots one of dem?  
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 5:48:32 AM EDT
[#18]
hock.gif  That beats the pink slide and any other color one hands down hock.gif

How many rounds?    Would look great on the end of my Kimber
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 7:52:31 AM EDT
[#19]
Please note the pink slide is fake (if it wasn't obvious).

You know, the ol' 1911 is okay, but just isn't my thing. Sorry. I've got enough project guns, and my pistols are functional tools only, not tinker toys.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 7:53:36 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Agreed!

He needs one of these....
w3.gorge.net/jasong/pictures/snail2.jpg

Are you friggin serious???  That looks like kick ass fun!
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 8:07:14 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

hat.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 8:20:05 AM EDT
[#22]
Hey No Aim, the pink and purple Duracoat you had me order just came in. I can finish up one pistol by this Saturday for you. I can't get the trigger chromed by Saturday. Sorry, that will have to wait.

Nox
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 10:29:01 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

You know, the ol' 1911 is okay, but just isn't my thing. Sorry. I've got enough project guns, and my pistols are functional tools only, not tinker toys.

Obviously, I dont think ya fooled anybody.    As far as project guns, who you kiddin.   I'll take my box stock $399 SA GI model against a USP any day.   It'll feed rounds your Euro gun will puke on.   Lets not even get into my carry piece......    

Never get a 1911 guy riled up....  

HK USP.....phhhh
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 10:34:54 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Obviously, I dont think ya fooled anybody.    As far as project guns, who you kiddin.   I'll take my box stock $399 SA GI model against a USP any day.   It'll feed rounds your Euro gun will puke on.   Lets not even get into my carry piece......    

Never get a 1911 guy riled up....  
HK USP.....phhhh

Allright, you two calm down, go to your corners .....NOW.

You would think you were arguing about shooting cars or something
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 7:04:04 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
It'll feed rounds your Euro gun will puke on.

I should hope so, since .45 rounds don't fit very well into a .40 pistol.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 10:32:47 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:
It'll feed rounds your Euro gun will puke on.

I should hope so, since .45 rounds don't fit very well into a .40 pistol.

Although I have seen someone shoot .40s out of a .45 pistol.  ( dont try this kids!)

And just for the record..... .40S&W

I'll take a .45 every time, it makes up for my small  p****.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top