Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/5/2005 9:38:16 PM EDT
I'm just starting to get into it, and looking for places to ride besides the dunes.  Not that they aren't a ton of fun.   I have a new yfz450 and am wondering if there is a  place fairly close to Portland to ride (trails, etc) when I don't have the time for a dune trip.

Here's a pic after her maden voyage out of Florence last weekend.

that date is wrong, btw.  I'll tell him to rtfm.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 11:17:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Browns Camp and Jordan Creek off of Hywy 6 has miles and miles of off-road trails.  

OOHVA
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 9:36:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Florence Dunes, Sand Lake south of  Tillamook,  Brown's Camp is especially fun.  Trask National Forest (west of Carlton, north of McMinnville)  Those are some places i have liked.  We have two Honda Recon trail quads.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:18:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the replys guys.  I think I'll drive over and check out Browns Camp here in the next couple of weeks.  
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 4:04:49 PM EDT
[#4]
try www.nwquadriders.com   The owner of the site is a guy I've ridden with a bunch.   I also go with a couple guys from Vancouver.     I run a 686cc 12:1 Raptor with Keihen FCRs.   Banshees beware

Jone's creek is just north of portland and there's a poker run the 28th.   www.jonescreektrailriders.org
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 5:16:07 PM EDT
[#5]
I also am fairly new to the area, I've ridden at Sand Lake 4-5 times, and at Brown's Camp twice.  Both are fun, but I really enjoy the sand.  I've got a new Yamaha WR450, and just put together a complete paddle rear wheel, so I'm up for sand or trails.  I've scouted out the Florence/Coos Bay sand dunes and it looks like a nice place to spend a weekend.

I also like to shoot at Brown's Camp, matter of fact, I'll probably be there this Sat. with a few AR's and some 22's.  Weather should be nice, so let's go kill some cans.

Dale
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top