Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/2/2003 12:03:25 PM EDT
I know that the Albany Rifle and Pistol club in Shedd exists.

I'm looking more for a place that a group of friends and I can take our AK's, AR's, handguns, etc, and go shooting.

Targets, old hardware, whatever.

Any reccomendations?
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 12:38:13 PM EDT
[#1]
As far as I could find, backwoods logging roads is all you get, unless you leave the area.

I've been sporatically shooting in the Corvallis area for about a year and a half now, and have found absolutely nothing.  I've called the Benton County Parks and Recreation Services Department and all they had to offer was "there's a no-projectile ordinance in Benton County, so it's best to find a logging road and just find a place to shoot."

He also mentioned a road (can't remember the name, but I can show it to you) off HWY 20 between Albany and Corvallis where people sometimes go to plink, but loud guns are generally a no-no there, as if it gets too raucus the locals might call the cops and get you kicked out.

I've meant to, but kept forgetting to call Linn County and ask them about shooting nearer the Lebanon area, since they're on the more conservative side of I-5.
Link Posted: 7/13/2003 9:27:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Up by Scio is a good place by thomas creek,A few rock pits lots of fun!

Justin
Link Posted: 7/13/2003 9:37:56 AM EDT
[#3]
I grew up in Scio.  Snow peak used to have a couple of places to shoot.  I kind of miss the days of being able to shoot right out my back door.    
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top