Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/7/2022 11:24:34 PM EDT
I'm seeing more and more references to using electronic print files - the most recent was for E-Form-1 submissions.

Are there any particular places you can get / need to go to get these? Can I just show up at the Cobb County Sheriff's office like I normally do and ask?
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 12:04:44 PM EDT
[#1]
I have heard some UPS stores do them.
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 12:26:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 4:35:57 PM EDT
[#3]
I want to say that there was a guy on a local gun subreddit that invested in the hardware and software to do these... I'd have to do some searching that I'm not up to doing right now.
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 8:04:15 AM EDT
[#4]
some UPS stores will let you do them, you have to search for the ones that do.
typically have to make an appointment.
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 9:42:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm interested as well. I went to a gun store yesterday with a Silencershop kiosk and they had no interest in letting me use their kiosk to do prints for my SS account because I wasn't buying from them. Would be nice to nail this down and make a list places you can do this. I ended up ordering cards from Silencershop for $6. You do the prints, stick them in an envelope with the return label, and once SS gets them back they load them for you.
View Quote

Pretty sure they have to let you. Now they can charge you to do it, like a service fee. But most don't.

I'd be interested to know who locally in GA refused to let you use their kiosk. If you don't want to put them on blast PM me. I can direct you to 5+ locations that couldn't care less if you used it or not.

Link Posted: 11/13/2022 3:31:42 PM EDT
[#6]
I would also be interested in a list of kiosks that let you load fingerprints. I called multiple police/sheriff offices to see who would print me and got multiple "we do print civilians" type responses.
Link Posted: 11/14/2022 9:51:08 AM EDT
[#7]
i looked up the website.

printscan.com

make an appointment based off your ups location(s) that offer it. looks like they will also do “mobile printing” but didn’t look into that. i’m sure there’s an extra charge for that.

they will also accept diy cards if you mail it in & generate an eft file for you. cards are free if you order front atf.gov

if you go in person, it’s $65 to print & generate eft file. if SS will allow you to do free at their kiosk, that may be the best move.
Link Posted: 11/14/2022 2:22:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Pretty sure they have to let you. Now they can charge you to do it, like a service fee. But most don't.

I'd be interested to know who locally in GA refused to let you use their kiosk. If you don't want to put them on blast PM me. I can direct you to 5+ locations that couldn't care less if you used it or not.

View Quote

I'd be interested to know those just in case I have a need....
Link Posted: 11/15/2022 1:58:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
i looked up the website.

printscan.com

make an appointment based off your ups location(s) that offer it. looks like they will also do “mobile printing” but didn’t look into that. i’m sure there’s an extra charge for that.

they will also accept diy cards if you mail it in & generate an eft file for you. cards are free if you order front atf.gov

if you go in person, it’s $65 to print & generate eft file. if SS will allow you to do free at their kiosk, that may be the best move.
View Quote

this is the best option to get the file for yourself. SS dealers will normally let people use the kiosk to update their profile, for a fee, if they aren't buying a can from that dealer.

benefit of have possession of your own .eft file is you can file form 1/4 yourself /directly with the dealer and skip SS software altogether. Although filing through SS allows for remote certification if youre dealer is far away.
Link Posted: 11/16/2022 10:07:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I'd be interested to know those just in case I have a need....
View Quote

For my North GA folks-
(also bear in mind that per their contract with SS that the store can charge for the use of their kiosk if you're not buying a silencer through their location)
In no particular order:
Dawsonville Gun
Cherokee Gun (Canton)
Appalachian Gun (Jasper)
Bullseye (Lawrenceville)
Dead Center (buford)
John's Creek (Suwanee)
Martins (Alpharetta)
GA Firing Line (Marietta)
Sharpshooters USA (Roswell)

You might want to call some of these places to be sure, but their kiosks are out on the floor.
Best practice is to go ahead and create an account on silencershop.com, load all your info and install their app. When you go into the shop scan your barcode and you should be all set.

Link Posted: 11/23/2022 10:41:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

For my North GA folks-
(also bear in mind that per their contract with SS that the store can charge for the use of their kiosk if you're not buying a silencer through their location)
In no particular order:
Dawsonville Gun
Cherokee Gun (Canton)
Appalachian Gun (Jasper)
Bullseye (Lawrenceville)
Dead Center (buford)
John's Creek (Suwanee)
Martins (Alpharetta)
GA Firing Line (Marietta)
Sharpshooters USA (Roswell)

You might want to call some of these places to be sure, but their kiosks are out on the floor.
Best practice is to go ahead and create an account on silencershop.com, load all your info and install their app. When you go into the shop scan your barcode and you should be all set.

View Quote

There’s also GT distributors in Rossville if you’re in all-the-way-north Georgia, they have a kiosk.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top