Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/21/2022 4:33:45 PM EDT
I’m going to be in the Roswell area for a week in October and am looking for some advice on the area. Would like to be within a 30 minute drive, low crime area, dining options, and prefer a rental over a hotel. I’m going to have some down time as well, and would love to get out on some trails, overlooks, etc in the area. Any areas to avoid, restaurant recommendations, things to do, etc would be greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 10:26:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 1:52:26 AM EDT
[#2]
canton street in downtown roswell has great restaurants & bars.

chatahoochee river is nearby.

i’ll brainstorm for more; have family that live in the Roswell area.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 4:26:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
canton street in downtown roswell has great restaurants & bars.

chatahoochee river is nearby.

i’ll brainstorm for more; have family that live in the Roswell area.
View Quote

Don't leave anything in your vehicle.

https://www.cbs46.com/2022/09/22/chattahoochee-rangers-increase-security-measures-after-63-car-break-ins/
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 7:29:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Hal's steak house is really good. You aren't too far from an indoor axe/throwing bar.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 7:50:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Cabernet Steakhouse - Alpharetta - Their burger is the best I've had.  I eat burgers everywhere and these are different. Guessing its ground prime steak trimmings or something
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 8:56:54 PM EDT
[#6]
https://youtu.be/_gSR5FXMEPY

Enjoy your stay

As mentioned Canton Street has some good restaurants.

Cabernet is a few exist north on 400, exit 11.  If you're in Roswell proper between exit 6 & 7 got to little alley steak.

If you like sushi there is circle sushi which ia across the river.  I think downtown Roswell has a couple sushi places as well, but it has been a while and they might not be open anymore.  If you like greek go to VAS, downtown Roswell as well, and there is a cocktail place next door that the little lady swears has the best dirty vodka martinis.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 12:32:37 PM EDT
[#7]
KF Armory.  Thank me later.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 4:10:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Kennesaw Mountain to your West and Sawnee Mountain to your North of Roswell, Sawnee is pleasant and short hike, nice overlook.

If you like guns, Martin Firearms in the next town up (Alpharetta) - neat little shop. Alternatively, Adventure Outdoors in Smyrna is claimed to be the largest gun store in the world.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 11:34:05 AM EDT
[#9]
Not sure about much scenic / trails stuff there is near Roswell, probably have to head an hour north to Dahlonega.

Chastain Park looks nice, but I only drive by it a few times a year when I go to the office, so don't know much about it.

Top Golf in Alpharetta is not far.
There's that indoor Skydiving place near 285. Not the kind of thing I'd do over and over, but it was an interesting experience.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 2:07:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Marietta square has some great restaurants. Let me know what style and I can point you in a good direction.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 5:13:09 PM EDT
[#11]
That’s my area.  I have a friend who has a basement air bnb not too far from downtown.   Downtown Roswell is fun.  Meat market most weekend nights.  Plenty of live music and craft beers.   Roswell Provisions sells smoked meat and cheeses.  The Mill is a cool place to hike.  Plenty of trails along the ‘hooch.  Leita Thompson park has a nice trail as well.  

Link Posted: 9/29/2022 6:47:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not sure about much scenic / trails stuff there is near Roswell, probably have to head an hour north to Dahlonega.

Chastain Park looks nice, but I only drive by it a few times a year when I go to the office, so don't know much about it.

Top Golf in Alpharetta is not far.
There's that indoor Skydiving place near 285. Not the kind of thing I'd do over and over, but it was an interesting experience.
View Quote

1000% forgot to respond again, my fault.

the above skydiving is correct - it’s across the street from truist park (braves new stadium), unless he’s referencing a different one.

in addition, if ok driving 20-30min west, the braves stadium/restaurant area is large (the battery), all outdoor, lots of great places to eat.

insider hack - if you eat at antico pizza, it’s BYOB, no corking fee/charge to drink your own stuff.

hope it helps.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 9:36:06 AM EDT
[#13]
Thank you all for the great advice. I’m looking forward to checking out a bunch of the recommendations this week.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top