Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/19/2022 1:54:44 PM EDT
Hey guys and gals, just joined the forum as a lurker since like 2013 (never had a fancy email to join). I grew up in Loganville (Walton County) but moved to Delaware/Maryland after Highschool in 2004. Just moved back this past year to Georgia with my wife and bought our first house in Senoia. Obviously with the price of ammo, and trying to buy a house going to the range has been few and far between this past year. Looking at Bob's range in Palmetto ($175 to join) for a private range to go to. Does anyone have any experience there? Also just saw posts about Emu's (Seems Amazing!). Also waiting on my first suppressor to be approved (Sandman S from Quiet Riot in McDonough.) Just wanted to say hello, and see if there was anyone in my neck of the woods, i need some friends with similar interests (Guns, Guitar, Thrifting, Beer, Music, BBQ, etc.) I also used to own 2ASauce (Hot Sauce Company) for years some of you may have heard of it before!
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 9:30:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Welcome to the Area!
Im 20 minutes or so east of you. Never been to Bob's but others have so I'm sure someone will chime in on that. Beer is spoken fluently here so I'm sure some will chime on that. We're in the south so Im sure everyone can tell you what BBQ is good around here. Southern Pit in Griffin is good stuff. Dunc's BBQ kitchen in Newnan is top stuff too!
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 10:14:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Welcome
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 8:32:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 9:46:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
@IHTFP08
View Quote

Thanks. I'm close in Newnan. Come to the 2guns each month. Also I can do any of your FFL transfers or silencer transfers. I do plenty for the HTF.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 1:30:19 PM EDT
[#5]
There are 2 BBQ restaurants in town.  Give them a try.  I have never shot at Bob's in Palmetto.  It is getting crowded here, but, well, welcome, anyway.  I bought land here in 1990 and have lived here since 1996.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 5:47:32 PM EDT
[#6]
I am near you as well. Bob's used to be heavily fudd guns. Blue steel and walnut.  He is/was a huge 1911 fan. His range is / was primarily geared towards guys zeroing rifles. Use otherwise was limited in the past. Not sure what the current policy is there.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 7:37:23 PM EDT
[#7]

Welcome to the neighborhood.  I'm just up the road in Sharpsburg.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 8:57:25 AM EDT
[#8]
Greetings and welcome.

I am at the SE corner of Douglas county.  I am in Newnan all the time and shoot at a range there regularly.

I have NFA toys to play and always welcome to meet another arf member.

Since other persons are talking about Bob's Anyone know if Bob's range is open in Palmetto I thought he had closed down due to noise, etc.
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 6:36:10 AM EDT
[#9]
Google shows Bob's Shooting Range Palmetto still functioning 9-6 every day but Sunday.  Might be worth a call to see if the range is still open.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 11:28:15 PM EDT
[#10]
What range do you shoot at in Newnan? Any other recommendations?
Link Posted: 5/28/2022 8:06:33 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
What range do you shoot at in Newnan? Any other recommendations?
View Quote

Atlanta Range & Ordnance, its all indoor range on Millard Farmer Blvd.  They have a 40 yd indoor rifle range and several shorter ranges.

I've only used them, Stoddards is in Douglasville and that is nice.  There is an outdoor range in Carrolton, I haven't been to yet.

A good outdoor range and its free - is the Georgia Department of Natural Resources range in LaGrange and may not be that far of a drive.

Some people here mentioned Bob's in Palmetto but I thought he closed his range as their are new houses going up around him that might not like the noise, etc.
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 2:14:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Thanks. I'm close in Newnan. Come to the 2guns each month. Also I can do any of your FFL transfers or silencer transfers. I do plenty for the HTF.
View Quote

Brother im in Newnan also! Sending a PM
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 2:15:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Hey guys and gals, just joined the forum as a lurker since like 2013 (never had a fancy email to join). I grew up in Loganville (Walton County) but moved to Delaware/Maryland after Highschool in 2004. Just moved back this past year to Georgia with my wife and bought our first house in Senoia. Obviously with the price of ammo, and trying to buy a house going to the range has been few and far between this past year. Looking at Bob's range in Palmetto ($175 to join) for a private range to go to. Does anyone have any experience there? Also just saw posts about Emu's (Seems Amazing!). Also waiting on my first suppressor to be approved (Sandman S from Quiet Riot in McDonough.) Just wanted to say hello, and see if there was anyone in my neck of the woods, i need some friends with similar interests (Guns, Guitar, Thrifting, Beer, Music, BBQ, etc.) I also used to own 2ASauce (Hot Sauce Company) for years some of you may have heard of it before!
View Quote

welcome brother , Im in Newnan
Link Posted: 6/1/2022 10:24:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Hey Neighbor. I’m in unincorporated Fayetteville and just a few miles from Senoia. If you want to join a club that has outdoor shooting then your best bet on our side of town is Griffin Gun Club. If you are looking for an indoor range check out On Target in PTC or Autrey’s in Fayetteville. Or find someone with land and shoot on their property.

Hit me up if you want to do some shooting.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top