Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/26/2021 9:42:49 AM EDT
Doing my first woodworking project(kitchen counters) that I’ll need to buy a fair amount of Maple for. I only know of 2 places locally and my Google-foo searching is weak and I’m not finding anything else semi locally. Where relativity close to Columbus sells rough sawn 4/4 & 8/4 hard Maple?
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 7:55:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 8:28:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
@gahunter95
View Quote

Sorry, Idk the Columbus area.  Around Atlanta there are several options on the north side.
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 7:45:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Oh boy I would hate to be doing my cabinets now. I used Suwanee Lumber when I did do mine, prices were really good when I started. When the tariffs came online that Trump placed on China, prices spiked and plywood doubled. I didn’t use China shit anyways and white oak solid core I used for the boxes skyrocketed, thank God I was almost done. I thought $48 then $60 a sheet was bad, I don’t want to know now.
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 3:32:14 PM EDT
[#4]
CDX is often higher than cabinet grade ply currently.

ETA: Look for some mills in the area that would order wood in quantity, it would be easy for them to throw some more wood on their next order and charge you a nominal fee. I'm way up in NE GA so I can't help you there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top