Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/17/2016 9:50:29 PM EDT
Cue the Dukes of Hazard.

I have a '15 F350 SD Diesel, Crew Cab, Long Bed.  Had a little un-planned off road excursion this past December that included a 20' (distance)  jump x 2.  Repairs involved me off my feet for 2 weeks, a little bit of frame straightening and suspension and alignment work (still drove the SOB out of the field).  After a few months the truck seems ok except for one thing.  When I head home to the Newnan area from the airport, there are sections of 85 where the truck really wants to pull to the left.  When I switch lanes, it subsides.  Drive through a flat parking lot, tracks straight.  Thing is, I don't recall it pulling quite so much into the low side of a crown before the incident.  I think I'm going to go to the dealership and test drive a brand new one and see if they do the same in the same section of road.  Anyway, need a good shop that does larger trucks to give me a second opinion.  

Thanks
Link Posted: 6/18/2016 7:57:11 PM EDT
[#1]
There is a Frame and Alignment place on main street in East Point
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 2:47:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Just a thought or SWAG...is that section of roadway grooved? If so does it run straight or angled off toward the side?

7mm
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 9:33:19 AM EDT
[#3]
There is a crown to it.  IIRC, the lane in question (85S) used to be the left lane.  It's now the #2 lane, the left lane being the #1 lane.  Im sure the truck used to want to drift left when in that section of the highway.  I just don't recall it doing it quite as severely.  

I think the only way to be certain is get a new truck of the same model and drive it down that section.  The old Gene Evans now Auto Nation has done all the insurance work.  They've been very accommodating.  The GM and the Service Manager have been great.  I think that's the next logical step.
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 9:36:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Thanks.  I am thinking that I need a shop that specializes in larger 4X4's.  The larger off road trucks sometimes take hits similar to what I did so they might be better at knowing exactly what to look for or where to look.  Some basic alignment shops have techs that have little experience on anything bigger than Honda Accords or similar.

Thanks.  I'll get it figured out.
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 11:49:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Thanks.  I am thinking that I need a shop that specializes in larger 4X4's.  The larger off road trucks sometimes take hits similar to what I did so they might be better at knowing exactly what to look for or where to look.  Some basic alignment shops have techs that have little experience on anything bigger than Honda Accords or similar.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This place used to do up to medium duty trucks
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top