Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/3/2015 9:56:26 AM EDT
I bought a Radical Firearms 8.5 300 black I am not sure what rail they put on it but it weighs 400 lbs.
Anyway It is an 8.5" barrel it has a 7 inch rail on it now. I am looking for an 8" lightweight free float rail.
All i have found is KAC urxlll and urx4 but that's too nice for this budget gun.
Anybody seen anything like I am looking for ? it cant be any longer than 8.5 because I have to be able to access
my AAC 51t mount.

Update: I did find a UTG Pro Keymod 7" that weighs 5oz not exactly what I would consider but for the price and weight it could be an option.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 10:39:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Are you looking for one with rails or just a tube?
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 10:47:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Just get the YHM diamond rail. It's light and affordable
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 11:11:56 AM EDT
[#3]
have you looked at the BCM KMR rails, super light weight and strong
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 4:59:10 PM EDT
[#4]
I usually run samson but I was looking for something 8 to 8.5 inches and yes I need a top rail.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 7:35:05 PM EDT
[#5]
I used UTG PROs on two recent builds and was pleased.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 8:36:04 PM EDT
[#6]
ordered this one turns out I wont have the room for an eight inch rail. This one is 7.54 so that will work.
http://www.wcarmory.com/utg-pro-7-mtu005ss-superslim-keymod-handguard.htm
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 8:57:56 PM EDT
[#7]
There is a reason BCM KMRs cost what they do.

Super light weight, super strong, no shims or spacers, nothing to time, and no anti-rotation ears digging into your Upper Receiver because its properly designed.

And only 3 ounces for a 7 inch rail (total including all hardware 5.2 ounces)!
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 9:11:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Having seen picture evidence of two BCM KMRs fail, I would look elsewhere.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 10:17:14 PM EDT
[#9]
I've been extremely pleased with my Centurion Arms CMR, unfortunately I don't believe they make a rail in the length you are looking for.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 10:21:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Well when it gets here I will decide keep it or return it and keep looking. Seems to be good to go its made by Leapers and is US made.
Leapers is good enough to play over in the sandbox then its good enough for my weekend toys.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 7:54:58 AM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Well when it gets here I will decide keep it or return it and keep looking. Seems to be good to go its made by Leapers and is US made.
Leapers is good enough to play over in the sandbox then its good enough for my weekend toys.
View Quote

People have been reporting that they're newest stuff that is US made is GTG for 99% of situations.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 10:09:08 AM EDT
[#12]
I was looking at the UTG Pro Super Slim, but I ended up buying an upper with a MI SS12G2.  Had I not bought that upper I'd have gone with the UTG.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top