Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/28/2013 12:47:57 PM EDT
I just got my first AK on trade. I know next to nothing on the AK's, but I want to make it look really cool. It has the standard wood stock and forend and 16" barrel. I want to be able to put a red dot on and a folding stock. What does everyone recommend? Remember, Always Be Cool!
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 1:26:35 PM EDT
[#1]
A chainsaw mounted on the front end is a must.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 1:49:11 PM EDT
[#2]
After the AK class I put a red dot on mine using an RS Regulate mount. I still plan on getting a Krebs enhanced safety and putting a light on mine.  
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 3:04:00 PM EDT
[#3]
I like the Texas Armament Dogleg mount with the rear aperture.

I use an Ace Ltd ultralight folding stock assembly and like it.  When it's extended there is absolutely zero play in it.  You'd never know it was a folder, if it didn't have the big ol' hinge in it.

Here's a pic of the goodies on my Arsenal Inc SGL-21 in 7.62x39mm........which I happen to be selling.......

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 3:08:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Make it look like this.  For years, AK purists denied russians dressed up their AK's, but Tapco and other companies are well known in russia and they use the accessories.  Just make it look like this.

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 3:57:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I know next to nothing on the AK's, but I want to make it look really cool. It has the standard wood stock and forend and 16" barrel.
View Quote

It is already really cool.

I want to be able to put a red dot on and a folding stock.
View Quote

If you put a folder on, use a wire folder or Ace folder....

What does everyone recommend?
View Quote

I recommend not changing it, unless you just wanted to add an optic.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 4:58:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Just wanted to add that I can't effectively fold the stock anymore now that I have an optic mounted on a side rail.  
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 5:24:37 PM EDT
[#7]
You can do what I did and make it more of a Russian Red:

I'm waiting to buy a 2nd AK, way down the road at this point, to tacticool.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 5:44:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I just got my first AK on trade. I know next to nothing on the AK's, but I want to make it look really cool. It has the standard wood stock and forend and 16" barrel. I want to be able to put a red dot on and a folding stock. What does everyone recommend? Remember, Always Be Cool!
View Quote

It already looks cools as it is... But you can benifit from a red dot the PA mico's and Vortex sparc's seem to work well. The name of the mount escapes me but use the dust cover mount that cmshoot used on his. The mount is very high quality,mounts solid as a rock and can be removed and returns to zero.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 5:56:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

It already looks cools as it is... But you can benifit from a red dot the PA mico's and Vortex sparc's seem to work well. The name of the mount escapes me but use the dust cover mount that cmshoot used on his. The mount is very high quality,mounts solid as a rock and can be removed and returns to zero.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This mount?
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 6:01:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

This mount?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This mount?

I wouldn't use that mount because it appears that the rear of the dust cover isn't adequately secured. I run an Aimpoint in an RS Regulate mount and absolutely love it!

Accountant
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 6:02:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Few things say cool like gold plated, next best thing would be nickle boron coated.  

But in all seriousness(although I am quite serious about gold and NiB AKs being Pimpin) A good red dot  and flashlight go a long way.  I'm fond of my Aimpoint R1, Its kind of a dull aluminum color, which is pretty cool.

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 6:02:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Here's the one that's on my AK above. http://texasweaponsystems.com

I have a picture somewhere of a gold-plated AK we took off a "warlord" in Mogadishu. You're right.....that's pimpin'!
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 6:11:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Here's my Arsenal SGL-21 (left) and folding SLR-107 (right) right with an Ultimak rail. It's been stable for some run-n-gun but haven't abused it yet. I've also tried the Midwest Industry hand gaurd and it was nice but optics sit too high on it unless you get one of the specific pieces for the optic.

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:07:05 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm very happy with how my Type 56S Norinco turned out

Link Posted: 10/29/2013 4:39:58 PM EDT
[#15]
I really want to paint one gold and cover it in girly stickers in honor of the stupidly decorated AKs of African conflicts.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 5:39:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 6:06:46 PM EDT
[#17]
^^bad link
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 7:12:58 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Here's the one that's on my AK above. http://texasweaponsystems.com

I have a picture somewhere of a gold-plated AK we took off a "warlord" in Mogadishu. You're right.....that's pimpin'!
View Quote

Yes that is the mount I got to run one two weeks ago I really liked it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top