Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/19/2013 1:18:58 AM EDT
Went to Red Hare Brewing off of Delk and I75 Friday for second time. They really make some good beer. They had a chocolate porter this time that was as good as it gets. All these craft brewing companies popping up is awesome. Just found another one by tasting a beer at Tmac Thursday, Strawn Brewing in Fairburn. I really liked the Strawn beer I had. Might go today.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 4:35:37 AM EDT
[#1]
The Straun brewing company is owned by an acquaintance of mine. We work in the same field. He's been working like he'll to open his brewery. He is really proud of his product. You have to love being able to live the American dream.

If your ever on the west side, 3 dollar cafe at the mall in Douglasville carries it.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 6:56:45 AM EDT
[#2]
From the meat post the othet day, it sounds like we have some guys here from sweetwater and burnt hickory.  It would be cool to have an htf tasting.

About 15 years ago when I was at GT, I helped bottle for ABC.  They would pay us with a case of beer for every 3 hours we helped.  Good deal for a poor college kid.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 7:18:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Red hare is great !
Still love my terrapin though
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 7:37:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
From the meat post the othet day, it sounds like we have some guys here from sweetwater and burnt hickory.  It would be cool to have an htf tasting.

About 15 years ago when I was at GT, I helped bottle for ABC.  They would pay us with a case of beer for every 3 hours we helped.  Good deal for a poor college kid.

Overall Red Brick's line up is my favorite been there a bunch of times. They could use a better tasting room. Had there Vanilla Porter around Christmas and love it.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 7:39:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Red Hare is shitty beer.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 7:40:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Red hare is great !
Still love my terrapin though

Went to Terrapin and Sweet Water  two weeks ago. Terrapins Wake n Bake and Moo Hoo porter/stouts are heaven in a glass.

Link Posted: 1/19/2013 7:49:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Red hares chocolate porter is awesome, Biggerstick47 Introduced me to it.

To the poster above, why is it shitty beer?
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 7:51:23 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Red Hare is shitty beer.

Very informative (go back to your Miller or Bud ) To make a blanket statement like that is ignorant. Red Hare's brown ale and chocolate porter is as good as any out there. From a personal preference I would put their IPA under Red Bricks and Sweet Water's 420.

Link Posted: 1/19/2013 9:45:08 AM EDT
[#9]
was a while when friends and i would go every friday. personally i'm not a huge fan of their beer outside of the long day lager and some of their seasonals. their ipa tastes nothing like an ipa to me and i'm not a big drinker of brown ales. cool place to hang out though and it's impressive how far they've come in a little over a yr.

if you want some really really good stuff, go check out burnt hickory brewing over in kennesaw. they're operating on a VERY small scale right now but i know the master brewer and he has cranked out some great stuff. they occasionally do tastings from 12-5 on saturdays and bring in some ppl to cook up some interesting stuff outside for purchase as well.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 9:57:55 PM EDT
[#10]
I thought we weren't supposed to eat at Taco Mac because they have libtard attitudes towards carrying?
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 10:25:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Red Hare is shitty beer.

Very informative (go back to your Miller or Bud ) To make a blanket statement like that is ignorant. Red Hare's brown ale and chocolate porter is as good as any out there. From a personal preference I would put their IPA under Red Bricks and Sweet Water's 420.

Lol, sorry let me rephase that, as a professional brewer and as a brewer of one of the beers you have listed in your last post (not bud or miller), it is of my personal judgement, that Red Hare makes a sub par product and it doesn't help having a brewer there that jump into the deep end without learning to swim first.

Is that better.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 2:05:11 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Red Hare is shitty beer.

Lol, sorry let me rephase that, as a professional brewer and as a brewer of one of the beers you have listed in your last post (not bud or miller), it is of my personal judgement, that Red Hare makes a sub par product and it doesn't help having a brewer there that jump into the deep end without learning to swim first.

Is that better.

Where is this vat of beer available for jumping into? Cause I am interested.

ETA: I only see one way to settle this argument.

Link Posted: 1/21/2013 4:07:50 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Red Hare is shitty beer.

Is that better.

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSNFX2N7HOAIGpUYEeDJNNgZK7jJpCHbkY0CIhgTSwhQmGHwbOqhttps://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSVR0qoNMHkALaFlEhigfXQ4d4b-27lDNXhdy7s6YsPdlXkYUC4HA

In.

Link Posted: 1/21/2013 5:58:29 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Red Hare is shitty beer.

Is that better.

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSNFX2N7HOAIGpUYEeDJNNgZK7jJpCHbkY0CIhgTSwhQmGHwbOqhttps://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSVR0qoNMHkALaFlEhigfXQ4d4b-27lDNXhdy7s6YsPdlXkYUC4HA

In.

Outside of the liability nightmare, that would be a lot of fun.  Maybe a charity event??????

I've already got Team MedicOC picked out and we are ready for competition.

Link Posted: 1/21/2013 6:48:56 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Red Hare is shitty beer.

Is that better.

That is a response and opinion I can accept. As a craft beer drinker we are living in a quality beer revival for the last decade or so here in the United States. As Georgia resident this is especially true. I like to give equal support to all the state breweries. For myself I'm more of a brown ale and porter/stout. Less of a IPA fan, but through being enrolled in the Tmac's Brew University I have been trying more IPA's. starting acquire more of a taste for the beers with higher IBU's. I really like Red Hare's brown ale, their chocolate porter, less so their IPA. We all ( craft beer drinkers) are not going to like every beer from every brewery.

Top post was Saturday at Strawn Brewery. Me, girlfriend, and Will Strawn brewer co-owner. Nice guy. Bottom picture was at Red Hare last Friday. Prost!!!

Link Posted: 1/21/2013 7:08:03 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Red Hare is shitty beer.

Is that better.

That is a response and opinion I can accept. As a craft beer drinker we are living in a quality beer revival for the last decade or so here in the United States. As Georgia resident this is especially true. I like to give equal support to all the state breweries. For myself I'm more of a brown ale and porter/stout. Less of a IPA fan, but through being enrolled in the Tmac's Brew University I have been trying more IPA's. starting acquire more of a taste for the beers with higher IBU's. I really like Red Hare's brown ale, their chocolate porter, less so their IPA. We all ( craft beer drinkers) are not going to like every beer from every brewery. http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee493/matthewd101/20130119_154434.jpg

http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee493/matthewd101/20130118_175953.jpg

Top post was Saturday at Strawn Brewery. Me, girlfriend, and Will Strawn brewer co-owner. Nice guy. Bottom picture was at Red Hare last Friday. Prost!!!

People actually brew IPA's??  I thought IPA's were all the shit that fell on the floor, was squeegeed up at the end of each shit, then boiled with the used urinal cakes from the bathroom.  Damn...you learn something everyday.

Link Posted: 1/21/2013 7:47:28 AM EDT
[#17]
Who is this Burnt Hickory Brewmaster you speak of? haha I love it when the HTF is talking about local beer!  Follow BHB on FB or Twitter, and we'll let you know when the next opening is.http://imageshack.us/a/img248/2289/beerh.jpg
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 8:56:57 AM EDT
[#18]
We need more local micros here in the area. Nothing wrong with Sweetwater/Terrapin but we need some breweries to branch out of IPA's, stouts and porters. I'm a big German/Belgian beer guy as that's mostly what I drink and brew, most of the locals don't have good options there. Terrapin's Krolsh is the exception but I wish the local guys would study up and turn out good Triple's, quads, bocks, etc.

I keep toying with taking my Homebrew to the next level but not prepared at this time for starting up something commercially. Right now it's a hobby but the Northern area of the metro needs a good option.  
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 10:45:24 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
We need more local micros here in the area. Nothing wrong with Sweetwater/Terrapin but we need some breweries to branch out of IPA's, stouts and porters. I'm a big German/Belgian beer guy as that's mostly what I drink and brew, most of the locals don't have good options there. Terrapin's Krolsh is the exception but I wish the local guys would study up and turn out good Triple's, quads, bocks, etc.

I keep toying with taking my Homebrew to the next level but not prepared at this time for starting up something commercially. Right now it's a hobby but the Northern area of the metro needs a good option.  

Well, you are in luck there's a brewery/brew pub opening up in Alpharetta, that's going to be doing a lot of Belgian/German brewing.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 10:50:36 AM EDT
[#20]
Also, there are 5 breweries in the works right now to open in the Atlanta area, most in the city or south of it, 2 on the north side and there's one coming in Athens.

Should be good for the Georgia beer drinkers.

Taylor you guys still on the same brew setup or have you went to a bigger system?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top