Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/16/2012 3:30:31 AM EDT
I heard the guy who owned it is sick, and sold it to someone who was doing a renovation on it. Anybody know if this is true?
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 3:57:07 AM EDT
[#1]
I heard one of the New Northside Ranges bought it , gonna re-do and remodel......
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 4:00:49 AM EDT
[#2]
The owners of Sandy Springs range bought it. Looks like they may be stepping it up a notch.

Az
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 4:01:06 AM EDT
[#3]
They are mile from my day gig.

Saw what looked like a renovation going on when I passed by there yesterday morning.

Link Posted: 2/16/2012 4:03:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Renovation was definitely needed, particularly the ac and general range ventilation.
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 5:53:41 AM EDT
[#5]
I could only shoot in there for about an hour before I started coughing up carbon in my lungs.

Hope they clean it up and get back in business.
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 6:28:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The owners of Sandy Springs range bought it. Looks like they may be stepping it up a notch.

Az

^^ THIS ^^

They are doing a remodel for the next couple of months.

Link Posted: 2/16/2012 7:28:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Tried to go there on Saturday and there was a sign that said "Closed Until March for Renovations" on the front door.
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 7:45:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Tried to go there on Saturday and there was a sign that said "Closed Until March for Renovations" on the front door.

You must have gotten up early, to be in Lawrenceville when I saw ya. Maybe that's why there was such a big crowd.

Link Posted: 2/16/2012 7:46:10 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
They are mile from my day gig.

Me too. I work in Tech Park.
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 8:16:10 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You must have gotten up early, to be in Lawrenceville when I saw ya. Maybe that's why there was such a big crowd.

Yep, we went there @ 10:30am, saw they were closed and then had to drive up to Bullseye. I think we waited close to an hour before we got a rifle lane. They had the "air" on which was more like A/C but at least it got rid of the haze the guy next to us kept making. He was shooting an AK with a drum magazine. That shit is not for indoors!!! I wish Bullseye would spend some money on their ventilation and pulley system for the targets.
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 12:55:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep, we went there @ 10:30am, saw they were closed and then had to drive up to Bullseye. I think we waited close to an hour before we got a rifle lane. They had the "air" on which was more like A/C but at least it got rid of the haze the guy next to us kept making. He was shooting an AK with a drum magazine. That shit is not for indoors!!! I wish Bullseye would spend some money on their ventilation and pulley system for the targets.

No kidding, I was thinking how nice ACM was compared to Bullseye... and ACM is getting renovated.
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 4:59:41 PM EDT
[#12]
They were bought out by Sandy Springs  

Link Posted: 2/16/2012 5:22:48 PM EDT
[#13]
used to go when I lived in Alpharetta, liked that range.  Hope it doesn't go full retard under new ownership.
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 6:41:36 PM EDT
[#14]
It needed a change badly.  The inventory sucked, they were expensive on guns, they had limited accessories, and the staff wasn't really friendly.  they were due for an overhaul.  I kind of wish I'd have waited on signing up for my Sharpshooters range membership.
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 4:08:10 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
It needed a change badly.  The inventory sucked, they were expensive on guns, they had limited accessories, and the staff wasn't really friendly.  they were due for an overhaul.

Agree with this statement, especially the unfriendly staff comment.

It's real nice that Sharpshooters and Sandy Springs have stepped up the range quality.  Also, there's a new store opening in Alpharetta, the owners seem very aware of LGS's poor selection and price.... We'll see.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top