Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/7/2012 4:08:10 AM EDT
I've noticed that I'm asking about one random/silly/newbish question a day in here,,,on average

Well, I just moved here, and I'm trying to figure stuff out. Like what shops do what, and who does it /cheaper/closer to me/cheaper

It ends up saving me a lot of ass pain, like last weekend when I drove an hour to go to a shop, and it was closed.

OnTo today's random question,

I want to put hk or hk style drums on my cetme, yes I realize this is like putting a dress on a pig, but the claw mounts I have apparently index off the drum

When I finally have the fundage to do this, who do y'all recommend I farm the work out too?

Also, are there any smiths/shops In the state that anyone knows of who have a cocking tube mandrel?  My daughter knocked said cetme off my bench on afternoon and the cocking tube impacted square on my side bench, denting the cocking tube, I'd like to get it rounded back out

Hell, let's make it 3 today,

I of course just came from Washington state. The htf up there does a quarterly team shoot, y'all do anything like that here? It was always a hell of a good time, and I'd spend the whole weekend camping out, shooting guns, drinking burbon, and Shooting the shit.

I guess this means no more questions until tuesday.

Hmmmmm

Fuck it, what can anyone deal me about Dean forest road guns? And good?

Thanks yall
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 10:03:04 AM EDT
[#1]
I have been in savannah for about two years and Dean Forest is the only place i enjoy doing business with dealing with firearms. I recommend going there. www.deanforestguns.com. The shop is smaller but the knowledge base within is excellent. About the cetme you may be able to give ortiz custom gunsmithing a call. I have had rifle work done there and it is top notch. ortiz's is (912) 925-0799, he doesnt' have a website. Give him a call and he will definitly be able to let you know if he can fix your problem.
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 2:49:18 PM EDT
[#2]
I went to dean forest today, holy crap

I'm going to be even poorer

And the dude could even keep upk with what I was talking about

And the price on the suppressor I've been wet dreaming over,,,, I've never seen it lower

Still to much for now, but wow
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 4:44:06 PM EDT
[#3]
hkpro.com  I dont know any shops around that will do it. but, i bet you could find someone there
Link Posted: 1/8/2012 10:49:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I have been in savannah for about two years and Dean Forest is the only place i enjoy doing business with dealing with firearms. I recommend going there. www.deanforestguns.com. The shop is smaller but the knowledge base within is excellent. About the cetme you may be able to give ortiz custom gunsmithing a call. I have had rifle work done there and it is top notch. ortiz's is (912) 925-0799, he doesnt' have a website. Give him a call and he will definitly be able to let you know if he can fix your problem.

Agreed. Dean Forest has come a long way since Jim took it over, and as far as a smith, Pedro(Ortiz) can't be beat.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top