Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/8/2010 3:30:32 PM EDT
I have a 67 Mustang that I have had since I was a teenager. Its in poor cosmetic condition, but has a really good rebuilt 289 in it. I need to find somebody that will work hourly for several weeks or maybe a month to bring everything into order.

I don't need collectible grade work, just reliable and no jerry rigging unless its necessary

It's the type of stuff that most folks would enjoy doing as a weekend project, but I never get around to it.

Here is a list or thing that I know need to get done. you can probably go x2.

New Carpet, seat covers
Repaint interior panel
Repair window cranks
Repair Door Latch
New Convertible top
Rewire ignition for  electronic distributor
New leaf springs
Repair one fender
Remove, rechrome, or replace trim that has oxidized

Possibly even take it down to the frame, sandblast, repaint.

I would guess this would cost about $10K to $15k if I just took it somewhere. I can't afford or justify that.

Any thoughts? There was a guy in smyrna who was a retired Lockheed guy who I was going to have do it. I think his shop has since closed.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:32:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Freestyle Auto Upholstery replaced my convertible top for me, top notch work for a very fair price.  He sewed in a new rear window curtain for $200 flat using my supplied parts.  He works with cloth and leather also, very impressive gallery of work he has done.  He's also a big Christian if you care at all.

Freestyle Auto Trim & Upholstery‎
6584 James B Rivers Memorial Drive
Stone Mountain, GA 30083-2950
(770) 465-0996

I'd call MustangsUnlimited in Lawrenceville and ask for a referral for a mechanic, then cross check his reputation with other Stang sites.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:45:15 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm in the same boat with my Vette. It has a great new engine and transmission (except for the carburetor that someone stole off of it). But I need some rear end work and replace the interior...

not right now though...
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:52:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Rowland Auto Services
1661 Ware Avenue East Point, GA 30344-3132 - (404) 766-4888

The owner did my dad's camaro and chevelle. Does great work. No idea on pricing though.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:57:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Rowland Auto Services
1661 Ware Avenue East Point, GA 30344-3132 - (404) 766-4888

The owner did my dad's camaro and chevelle. Does great work. No idea on pricing though.

I figure if I drove it down to east point they would have it parted out and on blocks before the engine cooled
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 6:32:24 PM EDT
[#5]
My step dad owns Renessaince Restorations in Woodstock Ga.  770-591-9732
They can do ANYTHING, and actually specialize in that era of autos.  
Paint, body, interiors, engines, they do it all. And best of all, they like guns
Give them a call.  They do it right.  

heres a video of a 1970 cuda they did that someone at a show put on youtube, i dont have any other pics of it right now
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHa6qn1mY9M
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top