Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/17/2009 5:32:40 AM EDT
I found this new Glock carbine conversion from Hera Arms.  They are a German company and make all their productings using a state of the art CNC machine.

This conversion comes in an SBR length, and a 16" barrel version is coming out as well.  

I think it looks really awesome, but I like the submachine gun look.   If and when this comes to the US, I am sure it will be popular with some PD's and civilians since you use your actual Glock handgun as part of the rifle.   Very cool idea to have it use the tactical rail as part of the method to secure the pistol.

Let me know what you think...

Glock Carbine Conversion
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 5:59:14 AM EDT
[#1]
At first I was like "he has been here long enough to know that the fucking magpul shit was a joke and will never really come to life (just like the masada)"

Then I was like "well its not the fagpul shit"

And finally I was like "well if I had an 18 it might be pretty cool"

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 6:16:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 6:41:26 AM EDT
[#3]
I'd buy one.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 6:50:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Is that for real?

Just think of all the shit you would get if you showed up to a Match with that set up.

M.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 6:50:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Bah.  You couldn't give me one.  It is impossible for me to have less interest.

Looks good on you though.  

If I had your MP-5 or access to law enforecement full-auto goodness like you do, I wouldn't want one either!   But since I am not a SOT, I have to use things like this to have have a good CQB rifle.  
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 6:52:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 7:12:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'd buy one.

I still love ya (in a very non-gay, manly way).  

Sure.... get in public and all the love goes away.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 7:28:12 AM EDT
[#8]
It seems like a cool setup, but somewhat pointless for almost everyone *except* those that have the legal full-auto glock.

Since the BATF is holding that the TC Contender rifle/pistol conversion exception applies *only* to the contender, people who convert other pistols to rifles cannot legally convert them back.  If you can't convert at will, the whole point seems moot - just buy a carbine that was designed to be a carbine, not something knocked together.

Perhaps it makes sense in other countries, but seems pointless in the US.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 7:39:10 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Bah.  You couldn't give me one.  It is impossible for me to have less interest.

Looks good on you though.  

Whatever.  You know you were just dying to get your hands on my buddies conversion after  you saw it.  another glock carbine conversion

What did Patriot arms call it again?

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 7:55:36 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
At first I was like "he has been here long enough to know that the fucking magpul shit was a joke and will never really come to life (just like the masada)"

Dude that Magpul thing was on this top ten CQB weapons show on Military channel yesterday. Needless to say I changed the channel.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 10:23:39 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dude that Magpul thing was on this top ten CQB weapons show on Military channel yesterday. Needless to say I changed the channel.

i just caught that too not 30 minutes ago... I freakin laughed. what a joke.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 11:42:00 AM EDT
[#12]
i would put money toward a new gun before I would buy that
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 11:43:11 AM EDT
[#13]
why would you take such a sexy gun and bastardize it like this? if you want that ugly of a gun you might as well buy a 1911
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 11:48:46 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
why would you take such a sexy gun and bastardize it like this? if you want that ugly of a gun you might as well buy a 1911http://offcamber4wd.org/forum/Smileys/default/argue.gif

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 12:36:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
why would you take such a sexy gun and bastardize it like this? if you want that ugly of a gun you might as well buy a 1911http://offcamber4wd.org/forum/Smileys/default/argue.gif

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 12:55:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Cool CDI factor for a video game or movie.

If my hands were more Glock compatible, I'd maybe try it if I had an 18. Otherwise you couldn't get me to touch it.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 10:38:18 PM EDT
[#17]
The best use of a Glock 18 is to sell it to another SOT, recover funds, and buy an MP5.
I don't care what stock systems they come out with, G18's are freakin' pointless.
I've shot Glock 18 posties, and there isn't even any "wow" factor. It is just stupidity with a selector.

Even worse is doing something like this to a semi-auto Glock.

Just setup an AR in 9mm, SBR it, and be happy.
Link Posted: 6/18/2009 3:59:55 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 6/18/2009 5:42:37 AM EDT
[#19]
Like one other poster eluded to, isn't it illegal to install a stock on a pistol unless you register it as an SBR or something?
Link Posted: 6/18/2009 6:43:34 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Like one other poster eluded to, isn't it illegal to install a stock on a pistol unless you register it as an SBR or something?

It's not really installing a stock on the pistol. The stock is attached the longer rifle barrel, the conversion if full rifle unless you live in Cali.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2007/09/25/convert-a-glock-or-1911-pistol-into-a-carbine/
Until this morning I didn't know they made one for the 1911

.........eww.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top