Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/3/2008 5:19:09 PM EDT

WASHINGTON - Hillary Rodham Clinton told colleagues Tuesday she would consider joining Barack Obama as his running mate, and advisers said she was withholding a formal departure from the race partly to use her remaining leverage to press for a spot on the ticket.
ADVERTISEMENT

On a conference call with other New York lawmakers, Clinton, a New York senator, said she was willing to become Obama's vice presidential nominee if it would help Democrats win the White House, according to several participants in the call.

Clinton's remarks came in response to a question from Democratic Rep. Nydia Velazquez, who said she believed the best way for Obama to win key voting blocs, including Hispanics, would be for him to choose Clinton as his running mate.

Tell me you didn't see this one coming... go on... just try.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 5:21:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 5:26:52 PM EDT
[#2]
If he picks her and wins he better up his security detail....or read up on that guy Cesar
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 5:56:55 PM EDT
[#3]
I figured it would end up being the other way but this is not surprising
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 6:03:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Say or think what you will but Hilly and Obama are unbeatble on the same ticket.

We are in BIG trouble and I dont have a good solution or suggestion.

STOCK UP ON GUNS AND AMMO TODAY OR YOU WILL REGRET IT!!!!!

TD
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 6:44:04 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Say or think what you will but Hilly and Obama are unbeatble on the same ticket.

TD

Im agreeing with you

Just dont know if I should buy any more at this point
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 6:59:36 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

TD

I am not a defeatist.  Think what you will, you may be correct.  However, excersise your right November and try to get other like minded individuals to vote as well and you may be surprised come November.

Link Posted: 6/3/2008 7:15:39 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

TD

I dont know ive been following this closely, and between all the bashing that hilldog has done towards obama and the fact that they are to similar. Obama will probably pick John Edwards to help get middle class white votes.

On the other end of the spectrum there are rumors of Sonny being VP to McCain.

DM_gangl
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 7:18:33 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

TD

I am not a defeatist.  Think what you will, you may be correct.  However, excersise your right November and try to get other like minded individuals to vote as well and you may be surprised come November.

I will make sure my vote counts and I will do my best to persuade as many as possible to vote against Hilly and O'Bama.

The problem is the piss-poor excuse for a candidate the Republicans have on the ticket.

McCain is just a Democrat on the Republican ticket. He is very liberal, pro immigration, anti gun ETC.

He's our only viable choice, but that's not much of a compliment.

TD
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 7:22:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Obama should ask McCain to be his VP. McCain would like being in charge of the senate!
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 7:58:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Scary thought isnt it? My hope is that Obama doesnt pick her and her followers decide to "protest" and support McCain.........if Obama makes it to the White House, then you can expect alot of executive orders that go against what we want, and the Supreme Court would be stacked to the ceiling with ultra liberal judges that would screw us blind...........of course, you get what you pay for, so those that pick him I hope get to experience that screwing first hand  

Quoted:

WASHINGTON - Hillary Rodham Clinton told colleagues Tuesday she would consider joining Barack Obama as his running mate, and advisers said she was withholding a formal departure from the race partly to use her remaining leverage to press for a spot on the ticket.
ADVERTISEMENT

On a conference call with other New York lawmakers, Clinton, a New York senator, said she was willing to become Obama's vice presidential nominee if it would help Democrats win the White House, according to several participants in the call.

Clinton's remarks came in response to a question from Democratic Rep. Nydia Velazquez, who said she believed the best way for Obama to win key voting blocs, including Hispanics, would be for him to choose Clinton as his running mate.

Tell me you didn't see this one coming... go on... just try.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 2:13:01 AM EDT
[#11]
This is the best our nation has to offer for leadership?
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 3:03:32 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

TD

I thought the same thing, except the other way around. There is nothing good to come from this. Two lefty Dems in the White House, A fillabuster proof Senate, and Nancy in the House, get ready for along FOUR years.

Yeah, i beleive Barrack needs to be afraid, very afraid, of the Hilabeast as VP. Does Vince Foster ring any bells?

Stock up boys, they will be coming for our toys, and the batteries that run them.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 3:25:58 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

yes it is IF Mccain can win what did we really win? nobody represents the people of this country anymore. politicians have learned that republicans/democrats will vote for them no matter what asshat they pick to run, the "silent majority" is just that. most simply complain and go on, that equals "sheeple" in my book. we don't have choices anymore, only the option to vote against someone. that's all very sad to me, this country use to be proud with the "can do" attitude. look at us now obama will be voted for by many many people so their "peers" will not think them a racist. that makes as much sense as going to church on sunday and voting for a pro abortion candidate on tuesday that's what i keep seeing, we still have a chance in this country, but is anyone willing to do what it takes to make the changes?
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 3:32:39 AM EDT
[#14]
I look forward to the Obama/Clinton ticket. I think they'll take our country to new heights. We've never seen change like this before.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 3:38:00 AM EDT
[#15]
That will be a hard ticket to beat and will run the country straight to the crapper. Look for a  ban on just about everything but a single shot . increased taxes and an economy in the toilet . Free stuff for everyone that does not work. health care , TV's and  gas all free        

I think TD is saying that just because he sells guns and ammo. and does a pretty good job too.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 3:51:16 AM EDT
[#16]
Change.... Cause thats all you will have left

Link Posted: 6/4/2008 4:23:27 AM EDT
[#17]
Yep, and very little if any left.......get ready to fund all the social programs

Quoted:
Change.... Cause thats all you will have left

i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/speedfreak955/Clinton-Obama-2008-Poster--315781.jpg
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 4:39:50 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I look forward to the Obama/Clinton ticket. I think they'll take our country to new heights. We've never seen change like this before.

LOL...you so funny
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 4:55:22 AM EDT
[#19]
i'm really honestly scared
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 5:50:25 AM EDT
[#20]

I think the Republicans are in real trouble.  I think our country is in real trouble.  How can I vote for our senator saxby after the above photo, corresponding legislation, and this abortion called the FARM BILL (more appropriately called, welfare for millionaire farmers or money I'm going to steal from you to give to my chronies that supported my re-election campaign) I can't.  The republican party has put forth no conservative candidates to counter this and are in complete denial as to why they keep getting their asses handed to them in every election.  You can only take from the producers and give to the leaches for so long....
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 6:48:39 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

TD

Im agreeing with you

I've been thinking the same thing.  If they are elected and go British on us - my guns will either become worthless or priceless.

What a depressing thread  
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 6:53:39 AM EDT
[#22]
This is going to be an incredible PC lovefest.

Can we all hold hands and sing Cumbaya?
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 7:47:39 AM EDT
[#23]
1 more gun, ammo and mags for all...........and no, they cannot have them

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

TD

Im agreeing with you

I've been thinking the same thing.  If they are elected and go British on us - my guns will either become worthless or priceless.

What a depressing thread  
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 8:13:35 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
, we still have a chance in this country, but is anyone willing to do what it takes to make the changes?

No, too many of our people only care about watching  American idol and all those dumbass reality shows. As long as they can do that the rest of it doesn't affect them.

Dm_gangl
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 10:19:02 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

TD

Im agreeing with you

What a depressing thread  

for months I've been telling my customers to put off buying new guns and concentrate on stocking up on a lifetime supply of ammo or reloading equipment for each gun they own.

I really feel like ammo will become a major issue in the not so distant future.

BUT WHAT DO I KNOW??????

Nothing for sure, it's more of a gut feeling.

TD
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 12:38:23 PM EDT
[#26]
my contribution to this thread:

and

ETA: Wahoo! what a way to own the 2nd page!
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 1:55:24 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

No the best are too smart to get pulled into this dog and pony show.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 4:06:20 PM EDT
[#28]
You are probably right.........I was saving for either the ACR or SCAR-L, but I probably need to buy ammo and mags for what I have and forego anything new at the moment.......I too feel ammo and mags will be a priority on their Ban list

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

TD

Im agreeing with you

What a depressing thread  

for months I've been telling my customers to put off buying new guns and concentrate on stocking up on a lifetime supply of ammo or reloading equipment for each gun they own.

I really feel like ammo will become a major issue in the not so distant future.

BUT WHAT DO I KNOW??????

Nothing for sure, it's more of a gut feeling.

TD
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 4:20:02 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
i171.photobucket.com/albums/u318/chadjetlag/kennedyamnesty.jpg

I think the Republicans are in real trouble.  I think our country is in real trouble.  How can I vote for our senator saxby after the above photo, corresponding legislation, and this abortion called the FARM BILL (more appropriately called, welfare for millionaire farmers or money I'm going to steal from you to give to my chronies that supported my re-election campaign) I can't.  The republican party has put forth no conservative candidates to counter this and are in complete denial as to why they keep getting their asses handed to them in every election.  You can only take from the producers and give to the leaches for so long....

On the Issues rated Saxby Chambliss as a Hard-Core Conservative.

His ratings (as I found them on wikipedia):

American Civil Liberties Union:7%
League of Conservation Voters: 0%
Christian Coalition: 100%
National Rifle Association: A+
AFL-CIO: 15%
National Taxpayers Union: 74%

Not too bad. Hardly someone I'd call a liberal or even moderate.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 4:25:50 PM EDT
[#30]
Not my quote, but one I quoted to an obama supporter at work when he was talkin about his people who are poorer under the Republicans in charge.

Poor people have been voting for democrats for 50 years now!!!!! And guess what!!! They are still poor!!!!!

Link Posted: 6/4/2008 5:29:13 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
McCain is just a Democrat on the Republican ticket. He is very liberal, pro immigration, anti gun ETC. TD

Why do people keep saying McCain is anti-gun?  His record indicates just the opposite.

As for pro-illegal, you do realize that everyone's hero, Reagan, actually signed an amnesty?

In what other ways is he "very liberal"?
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 6:05:42 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:
McCain is just a Democrat on the Republican ticket. He is very liberal, pro immigration, anti gun ETC. TD

Why do people keep saying McCain is anti-gun?  His record indicates just the opposite.

As for pro-illegal, you do realize that everyone's hero, Reagan, actually signed an amnesty?

I think it was the "gunshow loophole" that has many peoples panties in a wad.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 6:07:34 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

This one:

"I'm John McCain with some straight talk. Convicted felons have been able to buy and sell thousands of guns at gun shows because of a loophole in the law. Many were later used in crimes. That's wrong.

Here in Colorado, Amendment 22 will close this dangerous loophole by requiring criminal background checks by unlicensed dealers at gun shows.

I believe law-abiding citizens have the right to own guns. But with rights come responsibilities. Close the loophole. Vote Yes on Amendment 22."

—Senator John McCain  

In effect ending all FTF sales.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 6:48:03 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

This one:

"I'm John McCain with some straight talk. Convicted felons have been able to buy and sell thousands of guns at gun shows because of a loophole in the law. Many were later used in crimes. That's wrong.

Here in Colorado, Amendment 22 will close this dangerous loophole by requiring criminal background checks by unlicensed dealers at gun shows.

I believe law-abiding citizens have the right to own guns. But with rights come responsibilities. Close the loophole. Vote Yes on Amendment 22."

—Senator John McCain  

In effect ending all FTF sales.

And that was years ago.  When it failed, he did not keep pushing it.

They can have their panties in a wad all they want, but he is not anti-gun.

I didn't agree with him on that, but there has never been any presdiential candidate with whom I agree on every subject nor has there been one who satisfied everyone's needs.  The only way for that to happen would be for me to run.

All these "anti-gun" lies about McCain and this "teach them a lesson" bullshit are gonna get Obama in the White House and anyone who thinks that is a good idea is a lunatic.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 8:12:57 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
... this "teach them a lesson" bullshit are gonna get Obama in the White House and anyone who thinks that is a good idea is a lunatic.

Yeah no kidding!  

I don't understand the folks that say they aren't going to vote b/c they don't like any of the candidates.  At this point it may not be about voting for the "best" candidate b/c the best ones aren't in the race anymore.  It's about voting for the "better" candidate, and McCain is surely better than Obama or Hillary!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top