Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/7/2007 11:54:26 AM EDT
Yep, just what the subject line says...

Can any of ya'll point me toward a gunsmith in N GA that could do some work on a Hi Power?

Specifically I need some help fine tuning an aftermarket barrel.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 7:10:08 PM EDT
[#1]
I know David MacDonald has done them in the past, but they are funky to work on. Their trigger goes up into the slide and then down into the frame again so barrel, slide, frame fit affects the trigger.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 11:21:01 AM EDT
[#2]
I use a guy named Jack Ott in Canton (kinda NG).  The name of his shop is Rimfire Gunworks and his number is 770-479-7920.  He's only open Tuesday-Thursday and he's always backed up.  That being said, he's an excellent smith.  He removed the mag safety from my hi-power and did a brilliant job on the trigger.    
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 4:12:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the feedback...I'll fool around a bit more and see what I can do. It may have to go to a smith.

I've got it to where it will cycle ammo by hand, will feed the first round (or a single round from the mag) and eject an empty case OK after firing. But it won't lock back after firing a single round or on the last round. It will lock back by hand, easily, on an empty mag, so somethings keeping the slide from going all the way back when its fired. Also, the first round loads up great, even at full speed by dropping the slide release and letting the slide slam forward. Follow up rounds, when firing, hang up after leaving the mag without chambering. Hope my ramblings are making sense, haven't had enough sleep lately .

Before someone says, bad ammo, bad magazine, etc. That's not it, its only happening with the aftermarket barrel. If someone's got a suggestion though, feel free to chime in.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 8:04:42 PM EDT
[#4]
I have heard good things about Harrison Custom in Kennesaw
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 5:12:58 AM EDT
[#5]
If you want, I will take a look at it. I am located in Social Circle, GA. Call [770] 464-1125 and ask for Steve.  I currently do work for Piedmont Outdoors, Fish & Creek Outfitters,and a few things for the City of Covington Police Dept. I have done quite a bit of work for Moleman. L.C. Jackson a local gunsmith, has been teaching me the trade for over 18 years. I work on just about anything that goes Bang. I can do custom pistols and custom rifles. Trigger work, rebarreling, barrel relining, stockwork, bedding and refinishing. Barrel threading for cans and general repair work. Turn around depends on the job. If it is something that can be fixed fairly quickly. I will always move it to the front of the pile. Right now, I  have quite a bit of repair work to do for the hunting crowd.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top