Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/27/2007 2:41:45 AM EDT
she s 20yoa, NEVER handled a gun.  she found out last week a couple of the guys in church go to the range almost every sunday afternoon. she said that had nothing to do with it, she just wanted some quality time with me at the range. after 15 rounds she was hitting cans at 40ft with a .22 pistol.  scoped .22 rifle, cans out to 100 ft.. i purposely left the chamber empty a couple of times and she did not flinch when she snapped the trigger.  i guess that is the first person ever i taught with absolutely no experience.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 5:34:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Excellent, but why did it take so long?
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 6:07:07 AM EDT
[#2]
she has had NO interest whatsoever.  won't touch a gun, wouldn't hear of going to the range until she found out the guys at church were interested.  she learned the fundamental pretty quick
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 6:58:56 AM EDT
[#3]
When my daughter got old enough to comprehend what bad people do to nice girls, she got interested in acquiring a pistol pretty quickly!
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 7:05:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Excellent, the most fun I have is taking my kids to the range.  Sounds like you need to make it a regular event.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 7:34:45 AM EDT
[#5]
This thread is useless wtihout pics!

But seriously, congrats!! Good job!

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 7:38:47 AM EDT
[#6]
I recall teaching a girlfriend to shoot. She started out with my 22mag revolver. she liked it a lot until I talked her into trying a 9mm. She was done with the 22mag after shooting the 9mm.

If more of those that didn't shoot would try it, they'd understand why we like machineguns.

You need to invite those young men at church to one of the Arfcom shoots. They'll have fun, and they'll see what kind of people they need to worry about if they aren't nice to your daughter!
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 7:48:19 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I recall teaching a girlfriend to shoot. She started out with my 22mag revolver. she liked it a lot until I talked her into trying a 9mm. She was done with the 22mag after shooting the 9mm.

If more of those that didn't shoot would try it, they'd understand why we like machineguns.

You need to invite those young men at church to one of the Arfcom shoots. They'll have fun, and they'll see what kind of people they need to worry about if they aren't nice to your daughter!

i've got a shotgun, shovel, and 40 acres of land...  

really though- pictures
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 9:48:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Years ago and i mean years, wife is now 54, i took her out riding one sunday after church and got my .22 out from behind the seat to shoot some cans at the river.   She asked to hold the rifle and busted cans regularly.  told me her older brothers taught her to hunt and shoot.  Also most females hold the rifle weird, kinda cock their hip and hold the weapon funny, but my wife doesn't .  if you will look at some of my posts from bout a  year and a half ago i have been mentoring the young guys.   one has 2 ARs , m1carbine, beretta, and a walther p22.  Another kid asked me after church if he could borrow my 12 gauge to shoot some clays.  He took a couple of the youth to his grandma's back forty and they shot some.  While growing up around guns i noticed a lot of men would carry their kid or wife to the range the first time, give them a .357, .44mag, or a 12 ga. (their hardest kicking, most violent weapon)  with no ear plugs and no instructions.   the new to guns family member would touch off a few, bust their eardrums, be afraid of recoil and blast and QUIT firearms forever.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 12:17:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Very cool. I have 2 daughtrs, 1 18, and 1 9. The 18 year old has been shooting since she was about 13. She is comfortable and pretty darn good.

The 9 year old has been out with me and a buddy of mine once. All I had with me was one of my custom 10/22's, all tricked out. She could not get a good grip on it, so she just sat in my lap and I helped her. It was fantastic.

She got into it so much that she has asked for her own gun for her 10th birthday. I am a 10/22 fanatic, and I just happen to have a brand new one that I was going to do another build on. I am either going to give her the brand new one, or the one my Dad gave me when I was 8. I ahve put about 40K rounds throgh that one (my Dad used to get me a brick of 500 every weekend) but I have redone just about everything on it. I'm leaning towards giving her that one just cause I think it would be really cool to pass it on.

I cannot wait until our first real range trip together. She'll be 10 in 2 weeks, so we're close!

Here is the custom job she shot her first time out:

Link Posted: 2/28/2007 9:23:51 AM EDT
[#10]
i took a friend out to the range (her first time shooting in a while), did pretty good and here is a pic...

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top