Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/1/2006 9:35:34 AM EDT
I think it's time for a not so gentle reminder.  While I'm sure that most of the people on this forum support what the USA is doing overseas and around the world, I'm sure we all know people whose faith is wavering or outright don't support our cause.  As I see it, we Americans have one great flaw; our short-term memory.  Every once in a while, we need a slap in the face to refocus our attention.  I am guilty of it.  This is why I keep this picture with me.  It personalizes things for me.  It helps me remember the tears of rage I felt on that day.  The arguments have degenerated into World Freedom, Liberation, Democracy, etc.  You've heard all the cliche's, but this brings things back in focus.  With His help, I remember.  I remember where I stored the rage.  Where I keep it bottled up until the appropriate time.  I see Him and I think, Who was He?  Did He have a family?  Did they recognize Him from this picture?  Is this the last image His children will see of Him? And finally..What a horrible choice to make.  You can either burn alive or jump to your death from one of the tallest buildings in the USA.

As the elections draw near, make an effort to remind people what has happened to us, regardless of polictical affiliation. Do not rely on any media outlet as this is old news and not interesting to them.  They have no problems showing US soldiers being shot by snipers, but they will not show these pictures because they offend people.  People need to be offended and angered and reminded of this horrible attack.  Use this picture to remind yourself and them of what's at stake if the wrong choices are made.  Let His death have meaning.  Do not forget that our enemies are coming, and make no mistake, they are coming for us.  Harden your heart and stiffen your resolve.  For they will show you no mercy, you must be prepared to do the same.

VSP
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 10:01:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Thanks a lot VSP. I carry a similar mental impression, and while I don't see an end to our involvement in Iraq, our war isn't against Iraq. It's against terrorists and the type of people we're fighting in Iraq, Afghanistan, etc.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 10:05:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Sometimes we all need a reminder. Amazing how even a photograph can take you back to where you were sitting when it all happend.  Remember folks, your vote is your voice.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 10:37:31 AM EDT
[#3]
i get livid evertime i see a photo from 9/11. The sad thing is that most Americans really don't care as long as they can feed their fat asses and watch American Idol.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 11:30:58 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
i get livid evertime i see a photo from 9/11. The sad thing is that most Americans really don't care as long as they can feed their fat asses and watch American Idol.

DING!DING!DING!

My thoughts exactly! I call it the 7/11 phenomenon. Life changed in this country with the upspringing of 7/11's. Everything is expected to be convenient. anything that is not convenient is rejected or ignored. Coke is better than Iced tea because you don't have to make it. Instant coffee. Microwave pizza. credit card gas pumps. Cell phones.

It's good if it's easy, and if it's not easy then it needs to be.

Voting. A study of Georgia esitimates that only 48% of Georgians will vote in this election. Only 2.1 million. The Border Patrol caught that many people coming in illegal in 2005. 70-90% more people will enter the country illegally in the next 12 months than will get off their butts, put down the remote for 10 minutes and go pick their representative and governor.

I don't claim to be innocent of this epidemic. We all watched thousands of potential illegals protesting in our streets, btu how many took a day off work to go counter thier protest?

We're all generally fat and lazy, and we need to get off our cans and check the security of our property.

(I'm done)
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 11:40:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 1:12:42 PM EDT
[#6]
THANK YOU ! For that reminder  i hope others will remember that we were attacked and will be again if we show any lessening of our resolve. my son is over there now and when we talk he says rather there than here in the USA. he is tired and i'm sure scared. but he continues to do his duty as do his buddies. the only issue i have with his service is with the stupid ROE they have to live and some times die by. sorry rant off.  again never forget and never again.    chestnut
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 7:06:20 PM EDT
[#7]
i was sitting in a government test when it started...  i'll never forget.  thanks for the reminder

Link Posted: 11/2/2006 7:32:35 AM EDT
[#8]
I don't need a 9/11 reminder...I don't need a Vietnam reminder...At my age, my wife says I forget things every day. I lost friends, brothers of friends and know relatives that came back scared in body and mind. Some times I feel like I disrespected them because I did not serve there with them, but I WILL NEVER FORGET WHAT THEY DID IN MY PLACE.
I'm not super patriotic. I've had some real bad times in my life, but I thank GOD everyday that he allowed me to be born in this country. I think to many people forget how different their lives would be if they were born somewhere else.

GOD BLESS AMERICA...AND THOSE THAT PROTECT HER!
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 1:44:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Here is another reminder to vote and NOT VOTE DEMOCRAT!

Mideast terror leaders
to U.S.: Vote Democrat

JERUSALEM – Everybody has an opinion about next Tuesday's midterm congressional election in the U.S. – including senior terrorist leaders interviewed by WND who say they hope Americans sweep the Democrats into power because of the party's position on withdrawing from Iraq, a move, as they see it, that ensures victory for the worldwide Islamic resistance.

The terrorists told WorldNetDaily an electoral win for the Democrats would prove to them Americans are "tired."

They rejected statements from some prominent Democrats in the U.S. that a withdrawal from Iraq would end the insurgency, explaining an evacuation would prove resistance works and would compel jihadists to continue fighting until America is destroyed.

They said a withdrawal would also embolden their own terror groups to enhance "resistance" against Israel.

"Of course Americans should vote Democrat," Jihad Jaara, a senior member of the Al Aqsa Martyrs Brigades terror group and the infamous leader of the 2002 siege of Bethlehem's Church of the Nativity, told WND.

"This is why American Muslims will support the Democrats, because there is an atmosphere in America that encourages those who want to withdraw from Iraq. It is time that the American people support those who want to take them out of this Iraqi mud," said Jaara, speaking to WND from exile in Ireland, where he was sent as part of an internationally brokered deal that ended the church siege.

Jaara was the chief in Bethlehem of the Brigades, the declared "military wing" of Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas' Fatah party.

Together with the Islamic Jihad terror group, the Brigades has taken responsibility for every suicide bombing inside Israel the past two years, including an attack in Tel Aviv in April that killed American teenager Daniel Wultz and nine Israelis.

Muhammad Saadi, a senior leader of Islamic Jihad in the northern West Bank town of Jenin, said the Democrats' talk of withdrawal from Iraq makes him feel "proud."

"As Arabs and Muslims we feel proud of this talk," he told WND. "Very proud from the great successes of the Iraqi resistance. This success that brought the big superpower of the world to discuss a possible withdrawal."

Abu Abdullah, a leader of Hamas' military wing in the Gaza Strip, said the policy of withdrawal "proves the strategy of the resistance is the right strategy against the occupation."

"We warned the Americans that this will be their end in Iraq," said Abu Abdullah, considered one of the most important operational members of Hamas' Izzedine al-Qassam Martyrs Brigades, Hamas' declared "resistance" department. "They did not succeed in stealing Iraq's oil, at least not at a level that covers their huge expenses. They did not bring stability. Their agents in the [Iraqi] regime seem to have no chance to survive if the Americans withdraw."

Abu Ayman, an Islamic Jihad leader in Jenin, said he is "emboldened" by those in America who compare the war in Iraq to Vietnam.  

"[The mujahedeen fighters] brought the Americans to speak for the first time seriously and sincerely that Iraq is becoming a new Vietnam and that they should fix a schedule for their withdrawal from Iraq," boasted Abu Ayman.

The terror leaders spoke as the debate regarding the future of America's war in Iraq has perhaps become the central theme of midterm elections, with most Democrats urging a timetable for withdrawal and Republicans mostly advocating staying the course in Iraq. .

The only similarity to 'nam is the leftists in this country are spouting the same bullshit and the jihadists are emboldened by it just like the NVA was 35 or so years ago.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top