Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/22/2006 4:05:17 PM EDT
I sent out a group email to those of you I have on the list for GSH this Sunday. I haven't heard from any of you yet, so who is going?

If you are not on the list, shoot me an email and I'll put you on it. You most likely won't be able to make it this time as the slots will fill, but I'll be sure to add you for next time.

Link Posted: 8/23/2006 7:40:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Email sent !

rj
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 7:43:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 8:02:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Does GSH have shooting benches?  I noticed in the pics from the last shoot that everybody was shooting prone. Do [do do due ] to a seriously FU'ed neck I can't shoot prone and need a bench. Plus the rifle I am bringing weighs over 23 lbs

edit for fu'ed spelling

rj
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 8:29:28 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Does GSH have shooting benches?  I noticed in the pics from the last shoot that everybody was shooting prone. Do to a seriously FU'ed neck I can't shoot prone and need a bench. Plus the rifle I am bringing weighs over 23 lbs

rj

There are 3 or 4 wooden benches, if I recall correctly.
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 10:21:24 AM EDT
[#5]
There are benches, but everyone needs to shoot from the bench since the prone positions are in front of the bench.  don't let that stop you from going. I'd guess folks would certainly accomodate your needs.

bill- I'm not gonna make it, but hopefully soon I'll have something else to send rounds down range there.
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 10:55:36 AM EDT
[#6]
and there are plenty of hungry mosquitoes...

speaking of which,

there's a new cat in the house, and the flea invasion has re-surfaced

My Friday afternoon / Saturday morning plan has been changed to nuke the fleas and go Saddam on their ass...

ouch...itchy itchy.
Link Posted: 8/25/2006 10:37:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Yall have fun and I expect to see a few pics posted.

Gonna be at Hard Rock.
Link Posted: 8/25/2006 11:57:14 AM EDT
[#8]
How long does it take to get there from Buford?

Anybody in the Buford area want to 'van pool'?  I have a long WB van I am taking.

What size targets do I need for 600 or 700 yds?

Do they require ear muffs

rj

Link Posted: 8/25/2006 12:53:45 PM EDT
[#9]
rjay, it takes me about an hour from Hoschton.  It will probably take 1.5 hours from Buford.

If you want to shoot paper, there are old election signs that you can staple or stick targets to.  Otherwise there are huge steel plates downrange.

Normally there is no hearing protection required, but since I am going and seem to be the only person in GA without a can, it might be a good idea.
Link Posted: 8/26/2006 10:49:43 AM EDT
[#10]
Guys,
  I am bombing out for tomorrow. I am feeling poorly.  Hopefully next time I will be able to make it.

Thanks
rj
Link Posted: 8/26/2006 12:06:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Can one of you IM me the direction from Buford? Thanks
Link Posted: 8/26/2006 4:14:37 PM EDT
[#12]
www.gunsitehills.com/

put in lexington ga in mapquest and you will get a basic map. Basically go 316 to the 78 bypass around athens to 78 east to lexington and follow the directions on the site above.

Next time maybe we can hook up and share a ride and gas. I am available during the week also.

rj
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top