Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/14/2006 9:12:24 AM EDT
I've heard the rumor over there on GD, but can't verify it for a fact.

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=455039

I'm going to see if my local Wally World's gonna still carry ammo and report back.

Edit:  Well, it looks like they discontinued their gun sales only.  We're good for now.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 10:31:52 AM EDT
[#1]
They are only discontinuing in areas that they weren't selling guns, anyway. They haven't sold guns in most urban areas in some time around Atlanta. They never carried Hi-points or Lorsens, anyway. Why carry a product that no one is buying?

They will still sell guns in outlying areas where shooting sports are more popular.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 10:33:23 AM EDT
[#2]
News of this has been around for a while. I think that Walmart said that something like 20% of their stores sell 90% of their guns. Simple economics, the cost of having the FFL and people trained to do the transfers is cost prohibitive where few guns are sold.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 10:41:00 AM EDT
[#3]
This explains why there are now air soft guns in the displays at the Collins Hill Wal-Mart.  Oh well, I hope they keep selling ammo.  I stop there on my way to Bulls Eye.

JS2071
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top