Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/12/2006 1:03:59 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 1:08:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Great, now they are the BATFEN. Knee to the head because he was wearing a bandana.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 2:38:30 PM EDT
[#2]
“Seeing someone with something across the face, from a federal standpoint — that’s not right,” McLemore said, explaining why agents believed something to be amiss.

Two words:  Ass Clowns
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 2:47:26 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
“Seeing someone with something across the face, from a federal standpoint — that’s not right,” McLemore said, explaining why agents believed something to be amiss.

Two words:  Ass Clowns

Taking into consideration the fact that many times when the various police agencies raid a house,they have masks over their faces?
Maybe they think it is alright since the Lone Ranger,Superman,Spiderman,etal were good guys and masked their faces?
I understand an undercover agent not wanting to show his face if the investigation wasn't complete or all the suspects weren't known to be in the place being raided,but as far as I am concerned,
robbers and crooks are usually masked,not LE.
I hope no LE members take offense to this,but I am a law abiding citizen,and I am sure many others feel the same way as I do.
Keep in mind,fake badges (and bdu raid gear) are easy to obtain,and just because someone yells "police" as they kick in your door with a mask on doesn't make me feel any better.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 3:10:58 PM EDT
[#4]
That picture seems a little excessive to me...if they saw a weapon, then probably. Daylight mugger wearing black...in daylight? Stop him, cuff him maybe, but come on, knee to the throat while 'partner' casually talks on the phone.

Officer safety is most important, but they are CAMPUS COPS!!! (I HAD to say it.)

ETA: They sure look dressed for 'training'. Maybe they were policing the skirts!

ETA: Shit, those are running pants, check the stripes(he was running), maybe his alergies were acting up. Damn.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 3:14:17 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Taking into consideration the fact that many times when the various police agencies raid a house,they have masks over their faces?
Maybe they think it is alright since the Lone Ranger,Superman,Spiderman,etal were good guys and masked their faces?

And I suppose you think that the hood that is worn is a ski mask made out of cotton as well, correct?
There is a reason that the hoods are worn, particularly when serving warrants on drug houses, etc. The hoods are made of Nomex/Kevlar and are to protect the Officers face (not as you imply, to conceal his identity-unless it's a Narcotics Inv), just as he wears goggles to protect his eyes, gloves to protect his hands and long sleeve uniform top to protect his arms. I understand that there are those who do take offense to the wearing of such hoods/"ninja gear", but it's not because they want to look "cool"-it actually serves a purpose.

Now, to get the post back on track with the original topic-this at face value is bullshit if they took the action they did just because someone was wearing a mask. Of course, it's just one picture also and we have no idea what may have been done (if anything) to escalate the situation.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 4:42:39 PM EDT
[#6]
See.I should have thought of that Lawman 734.
A little education goes a long way.No offense intended.

My post was meant as sarcasm,and people don't often think of how things appear to the general public.
I know LE is hard unthankful work most of the time.I don't have the patience to put up with drunks and jerks wanting to argue with me,and don't know how some of you do.

However, things aren't always as they appear:
I did think that the picture looks like the officers full weight is on that guys neck.
But not knowing the whole story,and if they had to chase him a ways the adrenilan may have kicked in.
But I know camera angles can be very deceiving too.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 4:49:21 PM EDT
[#7]
So there's ATF prowling around UGA...

and they act pretty heavy-handed.  C'mon, drawing a gun on an unarmed dude (if that Jeremy's pockets turned out a pocket knife or keychain mace, they'd have him booked to the friendly Athens-Clarke County Jail and he probably got 1 year Academic Probation) and making him spread out facing the dirt, with a knee to his neck.

This is not Iraq.

We are US Citizens.

ATF or not, you are not above the law.  And the law is pretty much common sense.

Lesson learned: don't go ninja in Athens
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 4:53:16 PM EDT
[#8]
My only question is why the ATF?  I mean really, we have campus cops (one of the best forces in the state I might add), and this guy gets tackled by ATF.  Wow, bad day for him.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 4:57:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Worse, he couldn't outrun those ATF agents...look at the pic  At least if one's a ninja, he should be able to run.

Quoted:
My only question is why the ATF?  I mean really, we have campus cops (one of the best forces in the state I might add), and this guy gets tackled by ATF.  Wow, bad day for him.

Link Posted: 4/12/2006 5:17:43 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
See.I should have thought of that Lawman 734.
A little education goes a long way.No offense intended.

My post was meant as sarcasm,and people don't often think of how things appear to the general public.

GA, no offense taken! I'm the slow one who didn't recognize the sarcasm.

Link Posted: 4/12/2006 5:59:01 PM EDT
[#11]
As someone already mentioned, camera angles can be deceiving and the knee may well be on the neck, but I've personally used a similar technique to hold down a suspect that ran and can only tell you that I use my shin/calf across the shoulder with the knee at the top of the back just below the base of the neck and I don't really apply any pressure/weight than is necessary to keep positive contact with the suspect  so I'm in a position to immediately pin them down and keep them from rolling over to face me or other officers. I've done the same thing with a foot when providing lethal coverage for another officer to cuff supposedly armed suspects. I can't say what other officers do, but I simply make contact with no real pressure as long as the suspect doesn't nut up.  

Again, I can't say that's what the guy in the photo is doing, and I'd never defend someone else's actions if I didn't know the facts for certain... but it's not uncommon to do what I outlined above without using excessive force or harming the suspect in any way.  
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 6:23:58 PM EDT
[#12]
<devil's advocate> I thought it was against GA law to wear a mask except on a Halloween or to a party/celebration.  Not sure if two bandanas constitures a "mask."  </devil's advocate>

p.s. at first I thought it was Graziani, but then I read the guy's name  
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 7:30:46 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

hahaha.  3 reasons why I'm not suffering like that (besides having personal experience in the past and will be applying the same to others):

1. I've done graduated.  Never could afford meal plan anyway, so not around dining places.
2. Real ninjas don't dress up like ninjas.  Real ninjas blend in with surroundings.  Khaki and polo shirt anyone?
3. Those two will be rolling in the ground and and upon close scrutiny, will be identifiable by UV.  And they'll be sent back to ATF for re-training.  Potential Red & Black titles: "Agents Mistake UGA Student," "Apology from ATF Head," "How FOX diverted potential attackers," "Student Defends Himself from Strangers," "Why Self-Defense is Important," "Self-Defense and Running, American Runner's Magazine"
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 2:41:11 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
<devil's advocate> I thought it was against GA law to wear a mask except on a Halloween or to a party/celebration.  Not sure if two bandanas constitures a "mask."  </devil's advocate>

It is.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 4:10:32 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 7:54:03 AM EDT
[#16]
Just out of curiosity, what the heck were ATF agents doing wondering around a college campus?  Out looking for students on their way to class while chugging burboun with ARs strapped to their chests?  
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 7:59:36 AM EDT
[#17]
Those ninjas are always getting picked on. Just becuase they dress different than the rest of us, they get thrown down,and  their wakasashis are confiscated.

It's time for them to stand up for themselves.

There should be a Ninja march on Washinngton. The priates should go too. They should show support for their oppressed brethren.

(I just like the image of a bunch of pirates and ninjas running off the million man march crowd)

For those that don't know what I mean...

Ninjas are among us
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 8:11:48 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 8:25:17 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

1. I've done graduated.  Never could afford meal plan anyway, so not around dining places.

You still thinking about going back?  

Quoted:
So who won, the pirates or the ninjas?  

I'd have to root for the pirates... arrrrrrgggghhhh!!!!

Link Posted: 4/13/2006 8:30:06 AM EDT
[#20]
Arrrrghh.  Maybe I can take the bird on my shoulder, with an eye patch, and a hook.

AAAAaaarrrggghhh.   Aaaarrrrghhh.  Aaarrrgggghhh.  Am I suppose to say anything else?  
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 8:33:16 AM EDT
[#21]
By getting caught, that ninja has dishonored his family.  Time to say hello to his ancestors...
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 10:37:15 AM EDT
[#22]
I for one am thankful the ATF has a Ninja Undercover Tactical Supression And Containment squad. I hear it can take years as an Agent to get on the NUTSAC squad. You just can't allow ninjas to roam free.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 10:52:05 AM EDT
[#23]
It won't be long before

Pirates
Or
Other
Ninja
Types
Against
Nefarious
Government

start throwin' their weight around and put down those Nefarious ATFers!

(I just had to go that far- Pokey, you inspired me!)
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 10:57:12 AM EDT
[#24]

Snipet from the commentary at the bottom of the link...

The Ultimate Battle

Scene 1:

Dark smoke fills the scene and pump up music slowly gets louder. The audience sees a ninja and his girlfriend eating at a super expensive restaurant. The girlfriend is so hot that steam is coming out of her mouth or hair. Some old idiot is sitting by the couple. The idiot is giving the girlfriend "the eye" and popping like 16 boners. But the ninja sees the boners and the music really pumps up. The audience knows this guy is dead meat for sure. But out of nowhere, the old idiot pulls off his jacket to show that he is a pirate with lasers and everything. The ninja is like yeah right who cares and then pops the biggest boner ever, bigger than the biggest blackest boner alive. The ninja's boner smashes the entire restaurant. Every single one of the pirate's boners explodes while making a whistling sound. The ninja looks back at his girlfriend. She smiles and they pork.

END

-While writing this script, I head-butt my dog so hard that we both screamed.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top