Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/28/2006 2:02:39 PM EDT
My prefered method of travel during the majority of the year in Ga is my motorcycle. Is there any legal reason I can't ride my bike to the range with my rifle on a sling? or strapped to the seat?

I know silly question but I figured I'd ask.

James.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 3:38:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer.

We all clear on that?

The answer to your question: No.

Now... whether or not there are any sane reasons you might not want to do so, well, that's another discussion
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 3:57:16 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer.

We all clear on that?

The answer to your question: No.

Now... whether or not there are any sane reasons you might not want to do so, well, that's another discussion

How does sane come into it?
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 6:56:53 PM EDT
[#3]
You'll be sure to attract a lot of unwanted attention.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 4:13:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 6:55:12 AM EDT
[#5]
How do you open carry in a grocery store legaly?  I thought the laws said with a CCW it had to be concealed?
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 7:27:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 7:38:02 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

But I bet if I walked into Publix with an AR slung over my shoulder things would be different.  

\

Just tell 'em it's your airsoft rifle... and you'll put their eye out.  
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 7:46:13 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

But I bet if I walked into Publix with an AR slung over my shoulder things would be different.  

\

Just tell 'em it's your airsoft rifle... and you'll put their eye out.  

Don't forget to put a red plastic on the muzzle end!
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 7:54:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Georgia is an open carry state. go to www.packing.org and it it explained there. Book is right - If a store or business has a "no firearms" sign - it does not mean you can't carry. If you are asked to leave and don't - trespass is the only thing you can get hit with.

I open carry frequently and most people don't even notice.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 9:22:37 AM EDT
[#10]
So, for you open carry people, please tell me you open carry the biggest, most chromed out, most gigantic caliber (and matching ninja outfit) to impress the bystanders
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 9:28:11 AM EDT
[#11]
In most cases, open carry defeats the purpose of carrying, BUT - in the instance that I do I am not opposed to strapping my HK Mark 23 with LAM in my Safariland on my thigh! - Just Kidding

I carry a Kimber Ultra Carry and Sig 220 in the open on occasion
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 9:37:27 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 11:46:01 AM EDT
[#13]
yeah, but it could be the plastic "SHERIFF" badge and the Spygear comms you're wearing.

BTW, BH, you never replied to my e-mail.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 12:56:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 1:11:51 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
When I open carry I make sure I am very clean cut looking (i.e. clean shaven, clean clothes, nothing sloppy looking, etc.).  Most of the time I carry a full-sized Kimber in a Talon Tactical (made by Mike Benedict) OWB kydex holster with a matching mag pouch or two.  About 20% of the time I'll be carrying a G19 in a Talon Tactical holster with a couple mag pouches.

I also always wear a Wilderness Instructors belt and have a SureFire flashlight in my front pocket.  Throw in the Danner boots I always wear when not wearing shorts and it is no wonder I've had more than one person suggest that people probably think I am an LEO.

What happened to the Barney Fife detective kit........or was that the Inspector Gadget detective kit???

<Bookhound> Go, go gadget Glock <Bookhound>
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 1:33:48 PM EDT
[#16]
The guys at work were talking about a guy who went to the range with his AK slung across his back, I think they said he was pulled over by the law 3 times there and back.  They had gotten a ton of concerned phone calls about the nut on a motorcycle with an ak. LOL,   this story came up as a result of telling stories about this particular individual who rarely used his brain.

could you wrap it in a blanket and tie it to the side of the bike?

Link Posted: 3/1/2006 1:48:39 PM EDT
[#17]
a rifle scabbard attached to the bike for that situation... I'd get a secure locking one in case I needed to stop and take a whiz somewhere.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 2:39:49 PM EDT
[#18]
Good ideas. I'd actually planned to have it in a gun sock but a scabbard sounds like a better idea.

Link Posted: 3/1/2006 3:11:28 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Good ideas. I'd actually planned to have it in a gun sock but a scabbard sounds like a better idea.

I used to ride in Hellinois in the summer, guns were frowned on so I had vertical locker for my 22 bolt action on the bike.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top